X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why are you sighing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
      I think that the Icarus Base is likely the moon base which Carter mentioned at the end of Continuum, the bit where O'Neill replied "What moon base?".

It would make sense, and I think its quite cool that in the real world NASA are planning to build a permenant base on the moon.
      I think its quite possible and have mentioned it in the past. No one seemed to consider it a possibility. I'm glad someone else does now!

I don't think the comment Sam made at the end of Continuum had anything to do with OUR/Earth's moon.

In the SG-1 episode Paradise Lost, Jack and Mayborne were transported via a Furling device to a MOON that looked just like a planet . . .

It'd be a great way to tie in the events of Continuum with SGU.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        I think its quite possible.

I don't think the comment had anything to do with OUR/Earth's moon.

In the SG-1 episode Paradise Lost, Jack and Mayborne were transported via a Furling device to a MOON that looked just like a planet . . .

Thats a very good point
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Oh, good point. But that means it could be any moon in two galaxies (but more likely the Milky Way).

Comment

That would be cool, maybe they found a Furling type transport device that sent us to a secret moon base...although I doubt it.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think it is on the moon. Wouldn't all the gates around earth cancel eachother out ?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyHayes View Post
                I don't think it is on the moon. Wouldn't all the gates around earth cancel eachother out ?
                probably yes
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  I think its quite possible and have mentioned it in the past. No one seemed to consider it a possibility. I'm glad someone else does now!

I don't think the comment Sam made at the end of Continuum had anything to do with OUR/Earth's moon.

Well I was gonna say that they couldn't escape through the Gate to the Destiny on the moon because of the gate on Earth, but this is a possibility I guess.
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                    Well I was gonna say that they couldn't escape through the Gate to the Destiny on the moon because of the gate on Earth, but this is a possibility I guess.
                    They could if the earth gate wasn't active at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      yes but it would be "awkward" having two gates at one PoO, ie "Water Gate", plus the difficulty of building a base on a atmosphere less body, i think it would be easier to pick a moon out there, with an atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        Even so, if the Icarus base is under attack and it's on the moon, then wouldn't the Earth be under attack too? Why would the attackers want to only attack the Icarus base and not Earth? Granted, we don't know if Earth does fall under attack too...
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          Even so, if the Icarus base is under attack and it's on the moon, then wouldn't the Earth be under attack too? Why would the attackers want to only attack the Icarus base and not Earth? Granted, we don't know if Earth does fall under attack too...
                          I agree, I don't think it'll be Earths moon, was just pointing out that it would be possible for then to dial the destiny from earths moon.

Comment

I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
                            Saying that they never saw or heard Atalntis land in the River.

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
                              I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
                              Nor any of the earth ships in orbit .

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
                                maybe move the earth stargate to the moon base, i mean the mountain has been closed in the real world

Comment

Working...
                                X