X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICARUS base

Originally posted by JM's blog
    Production Day #3 was again away on location. Monday sees a return to the lot and Stage 5: Icarus Base!
    Just found this on JM's blog and am assuming that this is the Earth Base that gets put under attack before reaching the destiny!

Originally posted by dark_side View Post
    Just found this on JM's blog and am assuming that this is the Earth Base that gets put under attack before reaching the destiny!
    This is not new.
    This information is available on the internet for about a month.

Comment

It's not new to some, it is to him, and me. I had speculated, but at least now I know I'm close.

Comment

I tkink it was even Mallozzi who was was talking about the building of the Icarus base stage before.

Comment

ya mallozzi said in january they were touring the icarus base, which i doubt is an earth base.

Comment

I've been assuming its an off world base... I dont see how they will have an earth based based be attacked.. Unless its the trust or NID or something like that, i dont see any other explanation...

Comment

Earth base in this case means Earth's base.

Comment

the word base get's used alot here

Comment

Second thoughts - could it be the base/ station where the Destiny is/ was docked before being launched!

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                    the word base get's used alot here
                    All your base...?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      All your base...?
                      i am equally as confused

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy55220 View Post
                        I've been assuming its an off world base... I dont see how they will have an earth based based be attacked.. Unless its the trust or NID or something like that, i dont see any other explanation...
                        It could be one of our alpha sites. Most likely the base that is attacked forcing the team through the gate.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

My theory:

The Icarus base is an offworld construction site working on building the successor to the 304's, which are supposed to be smaller and faster than the 304's.

(Basis: Icarus was the son of Daedelus)

But then, those familiar with the myth will know it's a pretty unfortunate name to give to a spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post

But then, those familiar with the myth will know it's a pretty unfortunate name to give to a spaceship.
                            I read somewhere (maybe in the audition scripts on Stargate Solutions?) that they were doing research at the Icarus Base:

Spoiler:
                            on the 9th Chevron because it was the only place with a power source strong enough to access the ship.

I mentioned it to my teenage kids and my son thought the name might come from the planet being close to a sun (in keeping with the mythology). That might also explain the above spoilery statement.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                              All your base...?
                              are belong to us

Comment

Working...
                              X