Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 458

Thread: ICARUS base

  1. #61
    Second Lieutenant Mr Evil 37's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    And why are you sighing?

  2. #62
    Acme Lab Student Engineer leiasky's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,566

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
    I think that the Icarus Base is likely the moon base which Carter mentioned at the end of Continuum, the bit where O'Neill replied "What moon base?".

    It would make sense, and I think its quite cool that in the real world NASA are planning to build a permenant base on the moon.
    I think its quite possible and have mentioned it in the past. No one seemed to consider it a possibility. I'm glad someone else does now!

    I don't think the comment Sam made at the end of Continuum had anything to do with OUR/Earth's moon.

    In the SG-1 episode Paradise Lost, Jack and Mayborne were transported via a Furling device to a MOON that looked just like a planet . . .

    It'd be a great way to tie in the events of Continuum with SGU.
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

  3. #63
    Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    9,950

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by leiasky View Post
    I think its quite possible.

    I don't think the comment had anything to do with OUR/Earth's moon.

    In the SG-1 episode Paradise Lost, Jack and Mayborne were transported via a Furling device to a MOON that looked just like a planet . . .

    It'd be a great way to tie in the events of Continuum with SGU.
    Thats a very good point


    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

  4. #64
    Second Lieutenant Mr Evil 37's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Oh, good point. But that means it could be any moon in two galaxies (but more likely the Milky Way).

  5. #65
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,861

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    That would be cool, maybe they found a Furling type transport device that sent us to a secret moon base...although I doubt it.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  6. #66

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    I don't think it is on the moon. Wouldn't all the gates around earth cancel eachother out ?

  7. #67
    Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    9,950

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnyHayes View Post
    I don't think it is on the moon. Wouldn't all the gates around earth cancel eachother out ?
    probably yes


    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

  8. #68
    Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released
    Posts
    3,885

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by leiasky View Post
    I think its quite possible and have mentioned it in the past. No one seemed to consider it a possibility. I'm glad someone else does now!

    I don't think the comment Sam made at the end of Continuum had anything to do with OUR/Earth's moon.

    In the SG-1 episode Paradise Lost, Jack and Mayborne were transported via a Furling device to a MOON that looked just like a planet . . .

    It'd be a great way to tie in the events of Continuum with SGU.
    Well I was gonna say that they couldn't escape through the Gate to the Destiny on the moon because of the gate on Earth, but this is a possibility I guess.

  9. #69
    Lieutenant Colonel kirmit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Planet Monkey, UK
    Posts
    4,104

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    Well I was gonna say that they couldn't escape through the Gate to the Destiny on the moon because of the gate on Earth, but this is a possibility I guess.
    They could if the earth gate wasn't active at the time.

  10. #70
    Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    9,950

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    They could if the earth gate wasn't active at the time.
    yes but it would be "awkward" having two gates at one PoO, ie "Water Gate", plus the difficulty of building a base on a atmosphere less body, i think it would be easier to pick a moon out there, with an atmosphere.


    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

  11. #71
    Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released
    Posts
    3,885

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    They could if the earth gate wasn't active at the time.
    Even so, if the Icarus base is under attack and it's on the moon, then wouldn't the Earth be under attack too? Why would the attackers want to only attack the Icarus base and not Earth? Granted, we don't know if Earth does fall under attack too...

  12. #72
    Lieutenant Colonel kirmit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Planet Monkey, UK
    Posts
    4,104

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    Even so, if the Icarus base is under attack and it's on the moon, then wouldn't the Earth be under attack too? Why would the attackers want to only attack the Icarus base and not Earth? Granted, we don't know if Earth does fall under attack too...
    I agree, I don't think it'll be Earths moon, was just pointing out that it would be possible for then to dial the destiny from earths moon.

  13. #73
    Chief Master Sergeant daedalus91's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    City of Atlantis
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
    Saying that they never saw or heard Atalntis land in the River.

  14. #74
    Lieutenant Colonel kirmit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Planet Monkey, UK
    Posts
    4,104

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by daedalus91 View Post
    I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
    Saying that they never saw or heard Atalntis land in the River.
    Nor any of the earth ships in orbit .

  15. #75
    Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    9,950

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by daedalus91 View Post
    I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
    Saying that they never saw or heard Atalntis land in the River.
    maybe move the earth stargate to the moon base, i mean the mountain has been closed in the real world


    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

  16. #76
    First Lieutenant The Stig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    579

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by daedalus91 View Post
    I think that having the Icarus base on the Moon is a very good idea i mean it would make sense, the only problem i can see is that civillians may see the base or they might see some sort of activity.
    Saying that they never saw or heard Atalntis land in the River.
    I am going to have to disagree about the good idea. Having a base on the moon when it is so close to earth is like having two restaurants from the same chain on the one street. Its just unnecessary.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

  17. #77

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Europa. No, that would be just too cool for TPTB.

  18. #78
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    36,995

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    My instincts say no. The whole scenario of SGU is that the Icarus Base gets attacked and the team flees and they arrive on the Destiny by accident. So that in mind that raises to very big continuity problems. Why didn't the 304s in orbit help to fight the aliens attacking on the moon base and where would the SGU team orginally evacuate too. No its makes more sense for the Icarus base to be offworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  19. #79
    Brigadier General stargatefan234's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    9,950

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    My instincts say no. The whole scenario of SGU is that the Icarus Base gets attacked and the team flees and they arrive on the Destiny by accident. So that in mind that raises to very big continuity problems. Why didn't the 304s in orbit help to fight the aliens attacking on the moon base and where would the SGU team orginally evacuate too. No its makes more sense for the Icarus base to be offworld.
    but it could still be A moon base, just not on our moon


    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

  20. #80
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    36,995

    Default Re: Icarus Base= The moon base mention in Continuum?

    Quote Originally Posted by stargatefan234 View Post
    but it could still be A moon base, just not on our moon
    Well now we are just getting into sematics but true. A moon base in another solar system would still seem logical. That provided the moon has an atomsphere but we have seen that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Icarus Base Patch
    By Brian in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
  2. Stargate at Icarus Base
    By Ser Scot A Ellison in forum Human
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: April 30th, 2010, 02:24 AM
  3. Funding for Icarus Base
    By Targust in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: January 25th, 2010, 06:26 AM
  4. Icarus base and the Destiny
    By escyos in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: March 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM
  5. Icarus Base?
    By SG-Fan5 in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •