This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas should have stayed when daniel came back

im currently watching all the seasons of sg1 and im season 6 and jonus should have stayed on the team for at least half of season 7.he was finally becoming more than just the replacement for daniel.now i love daniel and i love jonus and think it would have been great to have them both together on the teamfor some of season 7.anyone agree?

I agree that Jonus as a regular did end a bit quick, It did fit in with his MO for being part of the SGC though. He felt he needed to continue Daniels legacy, and since Daniel was back
    ...well his own world frankly needed him ALOT more.

As for the character I never really liked him, his favorite line "I'm a Quick study" really annoyed me since its just a poor plot device to allow for super human learning speed and i just don't buy it.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Nothings more important than your health... except your money!.

sigpic
    "As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform." - Colonel Danning

Comment

Jonas should of shown his face in Season 9 or 10, it would of been a great time to bring him back!
      Last edited by Replicator Todd; 21 February 2009, 09:37 AM.

Comment

they mentioned that his world fell to the ori but if ur gunna mention that why not have jonus come back after that happens...at least for a 2 or 3 ep arc or something

Comment

Yeh i liked the character, im remeber reading an interview with Corin Nemic years ago i think it was in dreamwatch magazine that the plan was originally to spin the character into atlantis when the character was originally created. but this was before SG1 was picked up for season 7 and plans for atlantis were put back. FYI guys the characters name is JONAS not Jonus.

Comment

yeah defo he was a cool character

Comment

really?i had no idea he was gunna be used on atlantis and thanks i thought my spelling was wrong....

Comment

I agree that both Dr. jackson and Jonas work well together and him leaving so soon just felt like shoddy writing. And suddenly his home world wanted him back after they thought of him as a traitor. Um ok. Yeah his planet was over taken but as a former Sg-1 team member I bet he was underground and plotting against the ori with some other non believers.

My husband and I got all the seasons in one box set and started from begining because I started watching the show at season 9. I was really worried about Dr. jackson leaving and we both were like, is this guy going to be ok? But I was shocked how smoothly he fell into place with the team and I found I like him as much as Daniel. So yeah it would be nice to see him again. I know that he has alot of fans out there.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

yeh it just felt like oh hes not important now that daniels back...him leaving right after daniel returns just showed he was nothing more than a replacement to the writers.and if he were doing the anti ori underground revolt...u know he would have at least tried to get to earth for help which would have a great arc for him,heck it was probably him that sam got the intel that langara turned so why not show him?

Comment

Jonas should have gone to Atlantis
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                      Jonas should have gone to Atlantis
                      well someone said earlier on this thread that corin nemec said that jonas was originally created and intriduced to be on atlantis but sg1 got picked up for another season and that caused atlantis to get pushed back which i guess is why he replaced shanks instead

Comment

Jonas would be an awesome Atlantis character! And Atlantis would have had another alien on board.

Comment

But I was shocked how smoothly he fell into place with the team and I found I like him as much as Daniel.
                          Well, I didn't like him as much as Daniel, not by a long shot, but I did come to accept him, and grow to like him, although I, too, was annoyed by the 'quick study' thing. It seemed to negate all of Daniel's hard work. Still, I did like him and, interestingly, the characters of Jonas and Daniel had the best onscreen chemistry, which is really unfortunate in that we only saw them together at any great length in 3 episodes. I seem to remember that, at the time they didn't want five members on the team (might have been budgetary-can't remember). I wish they'd remembered that, because (IMO) five characters doesn't allow enough screen time for all of them to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                            Well, I didn't like him as much as Daniel, not by a long shot, but I did come to accept him, and grow to like him, although I, too, was annoyed by the 'quick study' thing. It seemed to negate all of Daniel's hard work. Still, I did like him and, interestingly, the characters of Jonas and Daniel had the best onscreen chemistry, which is really unfortunate in that we only saw them together at any great length in 3 episodes. I seem to remember that, at the time they didn't want five members on the team (might have been budgetary-can't remember). I wish they'd remembered that, because (IMO) five characters doesn't allow enough screen time for all of them to shine.
                            once again i gree with u conway.i loved jonus but no where close to as much as daniel.i just ignored his super ability to learn but they had great chemistry that should ahve continued for a little bit longer.but they did fine in season 10 with 5 members at least in my opinion.but i think they just didnt want to keep jonas after daniel returned.proving he was just the replacemet.nothing more than that

Comment

You know how many times this topic has come up? I think its gotten pretty pointless cause they're never bringing him back. Which is really sad, he's one of my favorite characters.

I always liked Jonas more then Daniel. I started watching in season 6 so I knew Jonas before I knew Daniel, and so for me, when they just suddenly kicked him out I was really upset. All the Daniel fan were upset when they got rid of Daniel, well it was the same way for me, except the other way around. At least Daniel got an interesting and touching send off. Jonas's was just like.... yea, well Daniel is back... why dun u go help your own ppl or w/e, ok, bai.

It just upset me more when I heard Jonas was almost in Atlantis, but they decided to just give him a single episode instead of bringing him back all together. So, so unfair. I still miss Jonas

Jonas and Daniel would have been perfect working together. Daniel was more of a linguist, he knew like 30 something languages, and archaeologist. Jonas was more of the negotiator, a problem solver, and part genius (which I personally loved). And I can just imagine them arguing or at least constantly disagreeing about what should be done and driving Jack absolutely insane, making some great moments and interesting chemistry. Unfortunately we will never get to see it :\

Comment

Working...
                              X