Weaker Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weaker Wraith

I have noticed quite a few people saying that the Wraith have been somewhat weakened to the point where they can be taken down in a few shots instead of the original entire clip.

And there is a completely plausible explanation for this: Dr Beckett theorised that the Wraith healing ability is directly porportional to how recently they fed.

AND

There is now a shortage of 'food' so we can assume that the Wraith are somewhat hungry and somewhat weaker.

There its been explained.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    I have noticed quite a few people saying that the Wraith have been somewhat weakened to the point where they can be taken down in a few shots instead of the original entire clip.

And there is a completely plausible explanation for this: Dr Beckett theorised that the Wraith healing ability is directly porportional to how recently they fed.

AND

There is now a shortage of 'food' so we can assume that the Wraith are somewhat hungry and somewhat weaker.

You Know Something...
    Spoiler:
    That Makes Sense
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
      You Know Something...
      Spoiler:
      That Makes Sense
      It scares me to admit it, but you're right... it makes perfect sense. Why didn't we think of that years ago? Green for you, escyos!
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

yes yes green for me

Comment

AND

Actually you've only explained why some of the Wraith might be weaker, not all of them. Famine in one area doesn't mean famine in all areas. Look at Earth, there may be people starvig in Africa, but it has very little affect on the US or European countries. That may explain why some weaker hives are easier to kill, but it certainly doesn't explain the deterioration of the more dominant hives.

I think the better explanation is lazy writers.

Comment

or they maybe are rationating the food !
            sigpic

Do not mess with Daniel "Kull warrior" Jakcson

Comment

Yeah, you might right, but that doesn't change the fact that it sucked.

Comment

AND

Also wouldn't Atlantis be looking to have more powerful weapons to deal with the Wraith. That would be soldier's sidearms, pistols machine guns, and the ships weapons and shields.

Cautious Explorer

That I definately agree with lazy writers and yes Darkscreamer785 it sucks too.

MCH
                sigpic
                Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                  Actually you've only explained why some of the Wraith might be weaker, not all of them. Famine in one area doesn't mean famine in all areas. Look at Earth, there may be people starvig in Africa, but it has very little affect on the US or European countries. That may explain why some weaker hives are easier to kill, but it certainly doesn't explain the deterioration of the more dominant hives.

well we only really see the drone wraith getting shot (for the most part) and they would probly be the ones that get less food, as they are controlled by the more powerful wraith such as queens and the ones that dont wear masks.

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                  Also wouldn't Atlantis be looking to have more powerful weapons to deal with the Wraith. That would be soldier's sidearms, pistols machine guns, and the ships weapons and shields.

That I definately agree with lazy writers and yes Darkscreamer785 it sucks too.

MCH
                  They still use 9mm and P-90, granted they might now use some sort of piercing bullet or one of those funky exploding bullets that rip their insides, but we have seen no change

Comment

yes yes green for me
                    wow i do not remember writing that...

Comment

That's what I thought, too. But, Wraith can feed on Wraith. Maybe a Wraith isn't yummy tasty to another Wraith, or there is a cannibalism taboo for Wraith society. Maybe a Wraith doesn't provide enough life force (nutrition) for another Wraith.

Or, time constraints for an episode. I think it is Peter DeLuise who sometimes tells actors he is directing to, "die faster."
                      My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                        That's what I thought, too. But, Wraith can feed on Wraith. Maybe a Wraith isn't yummy tasty to another Wraith, or there is a cannibalism taboo for Wraith society. Maybe a Wraith doesn't provide enough life force (nutrition) for another Wraith.

Or, time constraints for an episode. I think it is Peter DeLuise who sometimes tells actors he is directing to, "die faster."
                        well i bet that feeding on a ill or dying human would be less than tasty so a hungry wraith would probably be just as distastful...remember 'hunger is distasteful'

Comment

well i bet that feeding on a ill or dying human would be less than tasty so a hungry wraith would probably be just as distastful...remember 'hunger is distasteful'
                          'Rising'
                          My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

If they wanted to go with the theory that hungry Wraith are weaker and therefore easier to kill, it would have been a lot more interesting to also include strong Wraith who remained nearly invincible. That would have kept the Atlanteans guessing.

With all the infighting among hives, I don't see the Wraith as being they type of society that's going to sit down and decided to portion out all the humans equally since there's now a shortage. It seems to me that it would be each hive for itself. In that case, I can easily see the larger more powerful hives feasting while the smaller hives starve. Or it could be a way to upset the balance in Wraith society. What were once small, less powerful hives could gain in importance because they have a source of food that a rival hive doesn't.

It doesn't make sense to me that all hives and all Wraith would be weakened equally by a food shortage.

Comment

If they wanted to go with the theory that hungry Wraith are weaker and therefore easier to kill, it would have been a lot more interesting to also include strong Wraith who remained nearly invincible. That would have kept the Atlanteans guessing.

With all the infighting among hives, I don't see the Wraith as being they type of society that's going to sit down and decided to portion out all the humans equally since there's now a shortage. It seems to me that it would be each hive for itself. In that case, I can easily see the larger more powerful hives feasting while the smaller hives starve. Or it could be a way to upset the balance in Wraith society. What were once small, less powerful hives could gain in importance because they have a source of food that a rival hive doesn't.

It doesn't make sense to me that all hives and all Wraith would be weakened equally by a food shortage.
                              two hives are stronger than one, and if two hives who each have two planets of humans destroy another hive they can divide up the humans on that hives world

Comment

Working...
                              X