This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Should have Died

During 5 years of Atlantis, we didn't have any main characters bite the big Bulliet. Before you start, Ford didn't die on screen and it was always left open for him to return some how.

Weir died too many times for that to really count, Real Weir killed by the replicators, repli Weir killed by the replicators, repli Weir 2 ascended, repli Weir/Fran killed herself. lets face tptb could have brought Weir back for a fifth time and we would have bought it.

Carson, now thats a joke, exploding tumors come on, and any way they brought him back as well. The only character who we can be certain is dead is
    Spoiler:
    Peter Groddin. when Ronan died in the series finale, i thought that was brilliant and fitting way for him to go but surprise surprise he didn't stay dead for long.

The writers didn't seem to have the guts to kill off a main character or at least keep them dead. so what i want to know is if you could kill off a character, who would it be and how would you do it
    Last edited by kiwigater; 19 February 2009, 11:03 AM.

Well, I consider both Carson and Weir dead. The new Carson is a clone, not the actual Carson. And ReplicatorWeir isn't Real Weir, either. I do wish we'd gotten closure with Ford, or done more with what happened with him. But for me, there'd better be a really good reason to kill of a main character other than "to make the stakes real" or "to prove that we can." It had better be absolutely necessary storyline wise or because the actor wanted to leave/had to leave. So, I'm not sure who I would kill or how.

Sorry that's not a real answer.
    sigpic
    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
    I'm a 60%er!
    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I agree with you that the original characters are dead but they have both been brought back into the show so they pick up were they left off. I was thinking a character get killed and remains dead. The problem with the show is they have an unbelievable kill ratio. you got to think they have killed thousands of Wraith and worse they ever get is being stunned

Here one

Lorne and his team get trapped and pinned down by enemy fire, one after another his men get picked off. Team Shep race to the rescue, fighting deep into enemy land, reach Lorne's team just as they witness his position being over run...........

A well character going out firing, who wouldn't want to do that.

Comment

I don't!!!

LOL. I love Lorne, how dare you kill him!!

I totally understand your point though. But I feel the need to point out that SG-1 is much worse about it than Atlantis. At least with Atlantis, bad things happened to some characters and we didn't get the real them back. Everyone recovers happily on SG-1 without really much repercussion.
        sigpic
        Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
        I'm a 60%er!
        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Totally agree with you about SG1, O'Neill and Teal'c get hit with staff blasts more than once, some how they walk it off, granted its a few days in infirmary.
          I prefer it when shows bring home the realism. not every one is gonna make it back

Comment

And who's had more ridiculous close calls then Daniel?!? I mean, come on.

That said, I'm glad he's not dead. He's my favorite! LOL.
            sigpic
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

One excellent piece of writing on SG1was Janet Fraiser's death. There she was saving an Airman's life then BANG staff blast to the chest. Great piece of tv. you felt the emotions in the SGC. Carson Beckett get killed in a walk away slow mo shot when he's engulfed in flames ( lame)

Comment

Frasier's death on SG-1 was really well done--two of the best hours of Stargate. I'm fine with the way they killed Carson--it may not be quite as great as Frasier's death but it's still a good death. He died because he put his patient's life ahead of his own.
                sigpic
                I'm a 60%er!
                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

But an exploding tumor

Comment

ZELENKA's Turn

McKay and Zelenka working on a old station. arguing as they do. Console beeps, warning lights etc. Power build up they can't control it city wide explosion imminent, McKay mumbles that he needs more time.

Zelenka says that he's got a plan, McKay knows what that means, he says no that there must be another way. Zelenka grabs Mckay drags him out of Station and rushs back inside sealing the door, McKay frantically bangs on the door. Zelenka clamly walk towards a consol, starts typing, outside McKay has door consol cover off trying to bypass seal when city is rocked by a explosion.
                    Shepard arrives to find a Damage corridor with McKay covered in rubble but mostly unhurt. Shep starts asking whta happen and were was Radik, Mckay just stares down corridor to a burnt out shell of the old Work station

Comment

Save Carson and Elizabeth, get rid of Keller and Carter.

*prepares for tomatoes*

Will elaborate tomorrow as I'm tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc Hank View Post
                        But an exploding tumor
                        I see your point.

Originally posted by Mc Hank View Post
                        ZELENKA's Turn

McKay and Zelenka working on a old station. arguing as they do. Console beeps, warning lights etc. Power build up they can't control it city wide explosion imminent, McKay mumbles that he needs more time.

Zelenka says that he's got a plan, McKay knows what that means, he says no that there must be another way. Zelenka grabs Mckay drags him out of Station and rushs back inside sealing the door, McKay frantically bangs on the door. Zelenka clamly walk towards a consol, starts typing, outside McKay has door consol cover off trying to bypass seal when city is rocked by a explosion.
                        Shepard arrives to find a Damage corridor with McKay covered in rubble but mostly unhurt. Shep starts asking whta happen and were was Radik, Mckay just stares down corridor to a burnt out shell of the old Work station
                        Aw! I love Zelenka too, LOL!!! You know, there have been a couple of other characters who died so that Rodney would have the time to save himelf, so you should really kill him some other way.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        Save Carson and Elizabeth, get rid of Keller and Carter.

*prepares for tomatoes*

Will elaborate tomorrow as I'm tired.
                        Aw, I won't throw tomatoes at you. Well, maybe cherry tomatoes. LOL, just kidding. No throwing. I am looking forward to your elaboration, though.

Okay, seriously, if I were forced to kill a character from Atlantis... I'd bring Ford back and kill him. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but we seriously need closure on that storyline. I'd have to work more on HOW exactly I'd do it. But if I have anything to say about it, Lorne will never die. I like the idea of him becoming a General.
                        sigpic
                        I'm a 60%er!
                        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Excellent, " HI FORD, were have you been, it's beens years, how did you escape, it's great to see you, ( just then a shot rings out) FORD, FORD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

That's hilarious. Almost not even worth it! Hahahaha!
                            sigpic
                            I'm a 60%er!
                            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Working...
                            X