Next Generation Soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    actually, the anti drone weapon only works on the supersoilders because it undo's the energy that gave them life to begin with, it woud have no effect on any human or jaffa wearing the suit.

and i know they cant make our soldiers really powerfull but they should at least be doing something to show that their working on creating the next generation soilder because they would be very valuable weapons and frankly, if you could make an invincible soldier realisticly they would be doing it instead of ignoring key technology that could do just that. and now that the series is over they can really show some development in tech since they dont have to worry about long term, episode to episode impact of making our guys even stronger.
    fair point

Comment

Maybe the IOC doesn't think it's cost effective. If the price of training a new soldier is less than the price of the armor then they won't do it, that's bureaucrats for you.

Comment

what would happen if people dressed like Kull warriors came throught the gate, it might cause a lot of chaos as people would think that Anubis is attacking them or something
        check my story's:
        Battlestar group 16
        and Under Siege
        and respond at:
        Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
        my newest story:
        TFS Ticonderoga
        and respond at:
        TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

i had a quick thought, what about a suit that absorbs enrgry and cancels it into the ground. now providing your not stud in water it takes all energy weapons out the picture. or you could have something like the nano suits from crysis, but we all not wot happens when stargate and nanotech mix = bad times

Comment

or use a metal shell :faraday cage

Comment

killy? the AI is there in order to regulate, repair the suit (via nanites or if biological like wraith tech, via other means), controll and regulate energy distribution, act if the person inside is down while also healing/stabilizing the person, then the AI controlls all the weapons, so that for example an inexperienced person can't fire a grenade or similar in a closed room (killing everyone inside or at least endangering the people inside) etc. it can do many things

as for cost/use ratio: Training a Special Opps soldier might not warant the costs, but the experience does (a soldier like O'neill, that has been in combat/on missions 20 years and more is valuable, you can't replace them by freeshly trained recruits, even more you could never replace all the SG-Personal so quick, so the suits are something they should develop

as for looking like kull warriors: We would of course change the outer shell of the thing, while improving it with asgard and other (as said in my last posting) technologies...we would not like to be confused with the goa'uld

greetings LAX
              ps: @thekillman: A metal cage has some disadvantages: It is very inflexible....(even more if the suit is damaged you might have a hard time getting out of it - like daniel and mckay in the episode they wear the asgard exo-suits and the technician say's he will look for a can opener ^^

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                or use a metal shell :faraday cage
                This will only stop electricity based weapons. A material with a negative refractive index (cloak) should stop lasers. A layer of lead will stop most radiation. An airtight suit will stop biochemical weapons. Ceramic should help with heat A strong electromagnetic field should deflect bullets. Multiple layers with air gaps in between will greatly improve the durability.

Comment

by then it would be like.... 3 feet thick or something...
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by IMDB
                  Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                  Hehe

Comment

i would rather make a next generation soldier with only using technolgies already existing in the stargate franchise

lets see, some technology we have either a lot of, or can make more of, so that rules out asgard suits
                    goa'uld hand devices,(i think we have at least a hundred) perhaps a healing device or one of those ring things in the other hand.
                    Since we dont have many soldiers working for the SGC, perhaps just a few hundred, we might be able to make a simple plated trinium armor.
                    For weapons a zatnik'tel and an automatic gun should do fine

what we really need then is something that increases flexibility

Comment

Kull. Armour.
                      Originally posted by Craig Charles
                      "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

i dont think there are many of those left

we destroyed the production facility, the fleets that had those aboard were destroyed and i think the ones that attacked Dakara were destroyed by angry jaffa

Comment

Uh, that's why they're so good. They weren't affected by bullets or energy weapons.
                          "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

yes, but the persons inside were conscious after Anubis's defeat, so they would wander around aimlessly till stopped

Comment

Those "people" where mindless drones. I talking about situations like when Vala hijacked the Prometheus.

Comment

okay, then we had a bunch of mindless drones wandering aimlessly about the planet

i dont think the jaffa'd like that

Comment

Working...
                                X