Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here looked really close At the Atlantis Season 3 boxset?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
    Apparently they do!

Eek! Thats creepy

Its like the S5 Promotional Pics where they all look like they are floating

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...season5_05.jpg
    ALL the Promo pics of Atlantis are... they photoshoped the background!
    Last edited by kiwigater; 17 February 2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Some of those pics are screwy!!! yikes!

Does anyone else, though, find some of the episode write-ups from the dvd's a bit 'off'?
      They're not exactly wrong but there's just something not right...

Example, from season 2 ep 19 "One false Step - On a routine reconnaissance mission, the SG1 team discovers a new friendly life form. But the encounter turns deadly for the new race because of a virus SG1 inadvertently introduces. Can SG1 develop a vaccine before......"

It wasn't a virus was it? It was sound....

From season 2 ep 21 1969 - ".... O'neill and his crew escape and hitch hike with two Woodstock-bound kids...."

They weren't going to Woodstock, they were going to Canada to escape conscription.

season 2 ep 11 The Tokra part 1 - "Captain Carter unwittingly becomes the host to a dying Tokra, a member of the resistance whose noble goal..."

doesn't that happen in "In the Line of Duty"?

It's as if the person writing these snippets never saw a full episode!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post

Does anyone else, though, find some of the episode write-ups from the dvd's a bit 'off'?

Example, from season 2 ep 19 "One false Step - On a routine reconnaissance mission, the SG1 team discovers a new friendly life form. But the encounter turns deadly for the new race because of a virus SG1 inadvertently introduces. Can SG1 develop a vaccine before......"

From season 2 ep 21 1969 - ".... O'neill and his crew escape and hitch hike with two Woodstock-bound kids...."

They weren't going to Woodstock, they were going to Canada to escape conscription.

season 2 ep 11 The Tokra part 1 - "Captain Carter unwittingly becomes the host to a dying Tokra, a member of the resistance whose noble goal..."

I have come to the conclusion that not only have they never seen the eps, they don't like the show or science fiction in general.
        I hate S3 cover!!! the photoshopping is terrible-- ronon looks like a cartoon character and they tried to make mckay look hot (can't be done IMHO) On the S4 cover only ronon and teyla look "normal". I dread to see what they will do with S5, if a certain ship is figured on the cover I will NOT buy it!

Comment

A reminder to please do NOT quote images - edit the img tags to url.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
            Its like the S5 Promotional Pics where they all look like they are floating
            http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...season5_05.jpg
            The fact that the photoshop job is made worse by the fact that they didn't add any reflections is frightening indeed.

Originally posted by The Spanish Guy View Post
            The Season 1 set on Spain also had a "strange" cover, nothing but the titles and an ocean and fish, i'll get a pic and post it.
            Done, Minimalistic at its best
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...emporada_1.jpg
            Wow. That is quite minimalistic.

The S3 cover I'm using is the one idlewilde made. I'll see if I can find a copy of it as I only printed it out. I still need to redress my S4 but I haven't even watched any of it yet so it's not priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              I mean, go fetch it now, go on go fetch it. Now, look at the cover. Look at the characters faces. What is up with that?! Lets go left to right. Teyla's face appears pretty normal, okay. Rodney's face. It looks really thin, and he appears to be wearing red eyeliner.
              John's face looks like someone twisted it around, as the head doesn't match the neck of his body. Weir's face seems alright, but then Ronon's face looks odd again. His cheeks look really small and thin, while his eyes look more stretched.

Now who designed this box cover? They really messed it up, no? Seems they were only able to do clear detail on the women's faces!
              why the hell did they chenge the case desighn? i was looking forward to havint the city running accross the spines, the 3rd and 4th box sets look nowhere near as good, the first and secons seasons sets looked great especialy the hologram in the first season and the drone fire printed on the plastic sleeve

Comment

As an update, the image of Weir with a P90 may actually be her body. She was seen carrying on in the season three episode, The Return Part 1. Just as they were stealing the puddle jumper to leave the SGC.
                So no head on a different body this time around!

Comment

As an update, the image of Weir with a P90 may actually be her body. She was seen carrying on in the season three episode, The Return Part 1. Just as they were stealing the puddle jumper to leave the SGC.
                  So no head on a different body this time around!
                  Nope, it is definitely Teyla's body with Weir's head on the S3 cover. As I said in an earlier post, look at the watch. It's Teyla's watch on "Weir's" body, not Weir's real watch.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

To be honest I've never seen Weir wearing a gold plated watch, just a standard black one, which makes me consider it could be her body.

Comment

To be honest I've never seen Weir wearing a gold plated watch, just a standard black one, which makes me consider it could be her body.
                      Watch your DVDs again.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post

Indeed! Also see the description of "Legacy"! That one's the worst of all.
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                        X