So What Does Everyone Think So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So What Does Everyone Think So Far

So What Does Everyone Think So Far With The Show ?
    sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

I like it. I can sort of see why some people might have issues with it, but I'm willing to give it time to sort itself out. Hopefully FOX will agree with me.

Comment

Well i hope Fox dont get rid of the show it deserves a fair trial,if people like it they do if they dont they dont,but like firefly i think it will be a great hit
      sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

I liked it and plan to watch it again next week provided that I'm home.

I liked that Dushku's character was the heroine, but wasn't the bad-ass of the episode. She wasn't the fighter and I liked that.

Comment

i was pleasantly suprised

i wasnt very hyped at all for this show, but it had everything, drama, abit of comedy, action, uniqueness

i will continue to watch it
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I was alittle skeptic before i saw the show but once i did it struck me how complex this show is, its not just stamping a personality on the person over and over again they have to deal with the flaws of the small and big parts of the personality and that should make for some awesome suspense.

Comment

I thought it was ok for a pilot. Not amazing, but I liked it enough to continue watching for a while and see where it goes. Obviously they set up some threads for the rest of the season (or show) on who Echo was and why she signed the contract.

I really missed Joss's witty humour though. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Stephen S. DeKinght's name attached to the credits. I heard about Minear and Manners, but not DeKinght. Some of my favorite eps of Angel and Smallville were written by him.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                I thought it was ok for a pilot. Not amazing, but I liked it enough to continue watching for a while and see where it goes. Obviously they set up some threads for the rest of the season (or show) on who Echo was and why she signed the contract.

I really missed Joss's witty humour though. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Stephen S. DeKinght's name attached to the credits. I heard about Minear and Manners, but not DeKinght. Some of my favorite eps of Angel and Smallville were written by him.
                Yeh I missed the Joss humour to. if you like DeKnight episode 2 is written and directed by him

Comment

It a boring episode, with boring plot.

The only good parts were the females in it

Will I watch the next episode, If I remember it on then perhaps I will.

Unfortuantly their nothing in there which instantly palls me in. No mystery, no nice action scens, no sex scenes and no interesting story.

Every series need something to grab their audience and their just nothing in here that does it for me.

Comment

I found that the show worked better - to me at least - when the story was focusing on Tahmoh Penikett's character trying to track down the Dollhouse. As for the lack of Whedonesque dialogue? I shed a tear or two on the inside.
                    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
                      I found that the show worked better - to me at least - when the story was focusing on Tahmoh Penikett's character trying to track down the Dollhouse. As for the lack of Whedonesque dialogue? I shed a tear or two on the inside.
                      Yeah I wasn't hearing it either. I hope to in the future though....

I think once the rouge doll story gets going as well as the FBI agent one, the story will get better. That first episode was rather bland, based on one viewing anyway.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I agree with most of the assesments here. It was missing the usual Whedon touch in the dialog. Perhaps that will come with time, but he might be trying something different as well. Time will tell.

As a huge Whedon fan I think my expectations might have been a little too high. I didn't love the first ep, but I didn't hate it either. I really want to see where it goes if its given time to grow.

My favorite moments were also when the FBI guy was on screen. I found his story the most interesting so far.

I still want to know how Echo's dress stayed down while she was dancing. That was just freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                          I still want to know how Echo's dress stayed down while she was dancing. That was just freaky.
                          Double-sided tape.

Comment

It didn't feel like a series opener. It felt like the viewers were dropped right into the middle of a season and were scrambling to figure out what was going on.

I was pretty bored through most of it. There wasn't anything spectacular about Eliza's acting. No witty dialogue like I'm used to from Joss. The set was amazing. Love the 'house'.

I'll give it a chance to get its footing, but it better do so quick because FOX isn't a network that likes to give its shows a chance.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I almost never like a show from the get go (Except maybe Stargate Atlantis) so I plan to watch it through at least 6 episodes. My boyfriend spent the entire episode being completely confused. What someone else said about "not feeling like a pilot, being dropped in the middle of a season" was completely how we felt. While I wasn't as confused as the dear boyfriend, it definitely felt like I should have known a little more.

We'll see how it fares are a few more episodes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X