Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dollhouse in the uk?

anyone know where and when it will be aired

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Terribly sorry. No, I don't.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I'm preety sure that no UK network has picked it up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        I'm preety sure that no UK network has picked it up yet.
        Oh No, didn't we just get firefly here in the UK, or was it shown previously in the UK, and it slipped under my radar.

I Hope we get it in the UK
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney dex
          uk prob wont pick it up,im in the uk but got it off the net,iaint wait for this lol
          Thats what i did. Tho i think your wrong about it not being picked up in the UK. As I said earlier its not picked up yet, but im sure it will at some point, likely to been shown in the summer if i had to guess. After all most US cult/genre shows are these days.

Comment

yer i aint waitin that long for this,been lookin forward to this for so long
            sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

i hope the BBC will pick it up for after heroes season 3 finishes. that would be ideal, if a little behind. i jost hope it's not a sky channel that gets it.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                Oh No, didn't we just get firefly here in the UK, or was it shown previously in the UK, and it slipped under my radar.

I Hope we get it in the UK
                Firefly was on the Sci-Fi Channel, and in fact showed the final episodes (3 or 4 of them) before anywhere else did because by that time Fox had abandoned the series with unaired episodes.

Dollhouse I would have thought would be picked up by Sky One, but given it's opening ratings maybe Virgin1 or ITV4 would be more likely. I doubt the BBC will buy it. They only bought heroes after it proved to be a massive ratings hit in the US.
                I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                  Firefly was on the Sci-Fi Channel, and in fact showed the final episodes (3 or 4 of them) before anywhere else did because by that time Fox had abandoned the series with unaired episodes.

Dollhouse I would have thought would be picked up by Sky One, but given it's opening ratings maybe Virgin1 or ITV4 would be more likely. I doubt the BBC will buy it. They only bought heroes after it proved to be a massive ratings hit in the US.
                  Ah, it did slip under my radar, granted most things do.

i remeber watching the film when it was on sky premiere years ago, but only watched firefly about a month or to ago when Sci fi started re showing them.

yeah i agree, i think Virgin1 would be a likely candidate to pick it up
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    i hope the BBC will pick it up for after heroes season 3 finishes. that would be ideal, if a little behind. i jost hope it's not a sky channel that gets it.
                    do u know when heroes series 4 starts

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                      I think it would help if there was a season 4 in production lol. i think you mean volume 4. cant think of the exact date be im sure it in the news thread of the heroes forum.

Comment

If it cancelled then it will be picked up by Scifi at some later date. May be ITV4.

If it survives then it will be Sky1,Virgin, ITV.

BBC already got a wide variety of scifi shows on the air, with it looking to expand it own brands of show as they have doing particularly well for BBC world operations. Which they are hoping can keep raising its profits to off set off their failure to get the license fees they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                          Heroes returns on BBC2 this Monday the 23rd at 9.00pm, they are advertising it as a new series, but it's actually chapter 4 the second half of series 3.

Comment

Sci Fi acquires 'Dollhouse', 'Knight Rider'
                            Friday, March 20 2009, 16:33 GMT

By Dan French

The Sci Fi Channel has picked up the UK rights to two new US dramas, it has been announced.

The NBC Universal-owned channel has secured the first run UK pay-TV rights to Joss Whedon's Dollhouse and the sequel to David Hasselhoff's 1980s show Knight Rider.

"We're dedicated to offering our audience the most exciting content available and are thrilled to become the UK home for two such highly anticipated series," said Jon Farrar, programming director for NBC Universal Global Networks. "Knight Rider and Dollhouse both hail from fine pedigrees, clearly reflected in their superior production values.

"The special effects in both series are genuinely show-stopping and likely to be the subject of many water-cooler moments for fans, who have the added choice of watching in either standard or high definition.”

Both shows have been secured for their 13-episode first seasons. The agreement also includes the renewal of repeat rights to seasons one to five of Whedon’s popular Buffy spinoff Angel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...ght-rider.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Sci Fi acquires 'Dollhouse', 'Knight Rider'
                              Friday, March 20 2009, 16:33 GMT

By Dan French

The Sci Fi Channel has picked up the UK rights to two new US dramas, it has been announced.

The NBC Universal-owned channel has secured the first run UK pay-TV rights to Joss Whedon's Dollhouse and the sequel to David Hasselhoff's 1980s show Knight Rider.

"We're dedicated to offering our audience the most exciting content available and are thrilled to become the UK home for two such highly anticipated series," said Jon Farrar, programming director for NBC Universal Global Networks. "Knight Rider and Dollhouse both hail from fine pedigrees, clearly reflected in their superior production values.

"The special effects in both series are genuinely show-stopping and likely to be the subject of many water-cooler moments for fans, who have the added choice of watching in either standard or high definition.”

Both shows have been secured for their 13-episode first seasons. The agreement also includes the renewal of repeat rights to seasons one to five of Whedon’s popular Buffy spinoff Angel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...ght-rider.html
                              Yay , Thank you MadWelshBoy

Comment

Working...
                              X