Ghost (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
    It was interesting. Part of me almost feels like the focus of the show shouldn't be Echo, but the handler as he has this crisis of conscience. Of course, the adventures of Echo were interesting too.
    That's my thinking as well. This is compounded by the fact that the constant memory wipes mean that even if the story revolves about her, there is still not much room for character development.

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
    It was missing the trademark Joss witty banter but it was the pilot and there was a lot of exposition so hopefully it will pick up next week.
    I was kinda disappointed by the lack of witty banter as well. Don't get me wrong, I did really enjoy it, it just didn't feel "Joss"

Comment

I watched it just because it was on before BSG and I ended up changing the channel about halfway through. Too bland for me, I didn't connect with any of the characters, the dialog was meh, and I find Dukshu underwhelming, to put it politely.

I don't think casual viewers will latch onto this and I will be surprised if Fox gives it another season, much less letting it run for all its 13 eps.

Comment

If they are going by the current military alphabet...Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, etc..., that would make Echo the fifth doll and then newest one, Sierra, would be 19th.

Wonder how long Alpha was in service before he went rouge. Maybe they have an expiration date and have to be taken out of service eventually with all the repeated mind wipings, but they didn't figure that out till Alpha took off. And then again that may not play into it at all....
        IMO always implied.

Comment

i loved the "edward james olmos" line joss's love for bsg is shinning

good opening ep so far
          this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

i loved it, .

Short review i know but i have nothing else to say about it.

what day/time does it air in the US?
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I thought this was pretty boring episode, with a rather boring premise.

We pretty 2d enemies with 2d good guys.

The only decent thing was the end where that hot chick kick in the door and killed the two kidnappers, it was hot chick that was the good thing.

The rest of the episode was bland.
              And you can not say you cannot make a pilot interesting or good, because JJ Abrams pilots are always good.
              Last edited by knowles2; 17 February 2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I found the pilot a little slow, but the premise interesting. I'll definitely watch a few more eps before deciding though.
                sigpic

Comment

I was very disappointed and bored for this first ep. Didn't grab me at all but I'm willing to give it a few weeks to get better. I do like the premise.
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                  GateCon Attendee 2008
                  Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

yeah,, giving it a few more weeks... but it just feels like this has all been done before.. it's a filler show... I guess it's better than 'Moonlight', the show that's currently on at the same time on Friday nights. but I will not miss it, it has not grabbed me yet.. I even DVR these shows, just in case I need to watch them more than one time. Each week she goes on these assignments.... they can't continue to try to outdo each previous show,, that never succeeds. And the back story about the organization trying to track down Dollhouse.... what if they find the operation... so they have crazed lost unguided 'rogue' agents that are running amuk, that backstory is suppose to keep this show alive?
                    My Story:
                    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

oki bought a copy today of the first season dvd set, will watch the first episode later tonight. will tell u guys how i liked it. loved almost all joss whedon shows, especially firefly, then angel and buffy (soso, when i was little i liked it but now i dont^^) and of course dr horribles sing along blog. but well see how dollhouse turns out, bought it because i know that the second season will come....
                      sigpic

Comment

yep, like it. glad that i bought it. all worth it. love the boss.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X