• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost (101)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
    GHOST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101

A young woman commits five years of her life to an illegal, high-tech organization that programs her to do anything or be anyone -- including a cutthroat hostage negotiator -- and erases the programmed personality when the mission is complete.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 10:57 PM.

Just watched the first episode. This looks like it's going to be a good show. One ep down five or six more to go. Hopefully they filmed more episodes for the dvd release. Six eps for an entire series set would be lame.

Comment

I believe they just finished filming, with 13 total for Season One.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Dang it... totally forgot it was on since I only ever saw one ad for it! Thank goodness for time shifting... it's on Fox West in 15 minutes.
        sigpic

Comment

It was great to see some Buffy/Angel actors back in action. And is that a Battlestar Galactica actor? Helo? am I getting that right?

Watched it in HD. . Interesting beginning. It will be great to see where Joss is going with this show. I like the 9pm timeslot because I was able to get the kids to bed in time (have to catch up on Sarah Chronicles so will have to watch the recording later). I hope this show is given a chance past 13 episodes. I really liked the main actress who plays Echo. Didn't much care for her in the Buffyverse. My sister hadn't heard about Dollhouse but once she found out Joss was behind it AND who the main actress was she said she was going to watch it. So converted someone already
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Hmmm. I don't know, seems kind of like a modern-day enigmatic version of Charlie's Angels so far.

I suppose I'll give it a couple more chances, though. (Which, of course, means it will be cancelled within a few weeks. I seem to have the magic touch in that regard .)

Comment

It was interesting. Part of me almost feels like the focus of the show shouldn't be Echo, but the handler as he has this crisis of conscience. Of course, the adventures of Echo were interesting too. I definitely need to see more before I decide if I really like it or not. Here's hoping I remember it's on. LOL
              sigpic

Comment

Not bad. Hopefully this will be more of a serial show than an episodic show, else I worry it could get old quickly following a 'doll of the week' format.

I never liked Eliza as Faith, although that probably has more to do with not liking the character than the actress. Anyway, she was excellent as Echo; I really bought into the different personas she portrayed.

Overall, a solid premiere episode all 'round.

Comment

Nathan Fillion crashed the wrap party, so yeah, they're done.

I liked it! I wouldn't call myself a Joss fan (although I've seen bits of all his shows) so I didn't have any real expectations or ideas as to "This seems like Joss" or "This doesn't seem like Joss" I just thought it was good, solid entertainment.

There are moral aspects, yes, and I doubt they're going to be ignored. There are mysteries, too, which will surely be explored. Tahmoh's story felt a bit clunky, but I'm sure things will smooth out in time.

I'm involved. I like the characters so far. I want to learn more about ALL of it. I say success. And I hope this one lasts.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not an Eliza Dushku fan. I loved Joss' Buffy, Angel (and detested the episodes Faith was in), and LOVED Firefly...but tried watching Dollhouse and gave up halfway through.

Just not my cup of tea.

'Soldier' with Kurt Russell on ION was good for the 11th viewing though.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I am not a real big fan of this show... the concept is not new. It might have passed maybe 8 years ago... it's a good show, it just doesn't make it for me. For now I will give it a chance and watch the shows, mainly because it is squeezed between a couple other shows I watch...

To me these other supporting characters, like the guy who watches her, and the guy who hooks her up to the machine and maybe other dolls wil help the show grow, I don't know. But, the guy who hooks her up to the machine is to young. The organization that runs this is not plausible, as they look like they operate with immunity from the police. They can't just do this and not get away with it. Torchwood can. I am not comparing the two, just that one works with police and the other the police don't know about even though they are in the open. And, like I said in another thread, other shows have done this stuff and they have come and gone. Maybe in a couple episodes there will be huge character development and the organization will be totally fascinationg. We can only hope.
                      My Story:
                      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

So far seems interesting. However I don't believe that nobody addressed what the the kidnapped girl's father told Echo about herself. They were monitoring her the whole time...
                        sigpic

Comment

I was really looking forward to this show being a huge Joss fan and also a fan of Eliza, but i just wasnt the blown away by the pilot as i thought i was gonna be. Saying that ill still give it a few more goes over the next few weeks before i make a final verdict

Comment

I agree if this is just a "Doll of the week" show, it is dead at season's end. I could be wrong, I certainly was with Fringe which I thought would be off the air by now. The show got off to an interesting start, but then became somewhat mediocre.

The whole concept of the show is what really bugs me though. As many have said before me, this isn't exactly new. Even more, this is a concept usually reserved for shows like Outer Limits, the key being that it is limited to one episode. How they will be able to drag a series out of this I do not know. The whole logic or raison d'etre of this organization just escapes me. There is no logical reason to hire these dolls, because they truly do not offer something, anything, unique. That is where the whole concept of the show falls apart for me. In the end it just seems like a very poorly thought out and unimaginative idea.

I suspect that unless they offer something much more than what we have been shown, people will simply tune this out rather quickly.

Comment

Oh, the irony of people on a Stargate board condemning a show for lack of originality. LOL!

It's always fun to be on the "wrong" side for a change and see people pissing all over something I like. I've been there and done that so many times I can practically list off the complaints myself, but it's still kinda fun to see.

Sure, Dollhouse could still tank and I still don't think it has a high chance of survival, but so far I'm liking what I see. Subject to change without notice, of course.

Personally I don't think the "unoriginal" matters as much as the spin does. Plenty of others have taken old ideas and spun them into something "new and different." Some have been successful, some haven't, and some have had some rather strange ideas about what constitutes "new" and "different." I trust Joss to deliver. For now. Although I still don't trust the FOX situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X