This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard tech not secure ?

We have seen that sensitive and important devices and technologies have some sort of interface that only the race that invented it could be able to operate it like:

*the ancient tech requires the ata gene

*the goa'uld tech requires naquadah in the blood.

*the wraith tech requires some mind control thing.

So what does the asgard tech require ?

Asgard tech has height requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
      We have seen that sensitive and important devices and technologies have some sort of interface that only the race that invented it could be able to operate it like:

*the ancient tech requires the ata gene

*the goa'uld tech requires naquadah in the blood.

*the wraith tech requires some mind control thing.

So what does the asgard tech require ?
      Knowledge to use it? Some complicated password or smthng
      Sorry for my english. It is not my first lang.sigpic

Comment

theres a reason for those "safeguards" on other species tech that realy isnt needed on asgard reasons being

ancient tech is made to be pretty simple to use, and it responds to humans in the area, some of it can be quite dangerous, so the basic stuff doesnt require ATA but some of the more advanced stuff does realy only because it responds to thought, so they have to limit it alittle bit.

Goa'ulds didnt want there rank and file jaffa being able to use there pretty toys and show that they werent gods hence the need to naquida in the blood to use the more personal toys, (notice very few items actualy require naquida in the blood to use mostly the hand stuff and personal shields)

Wraith tech is purely biological and the wraith as a species are midly to extremely telepathic, so why bother with a normal interface when you can think what you want your ship to do? and also id feel pretty gross using with my biological ships joystick to steer the ship....

and you have seen the panels they have on asgard ships it would take you hours just to figure out how to turn on the lights..... okay do i move this little grey block here... or here??? and do i spin it this way or that way?

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
          theres a reason for those "safeguards" on other species tech that realy isnt needed on asgard reasons being

ancient tech is made to be pretty simple to use, and it responds to humans in the area, some of it can be quite dangerous, so the basic stuff doesnt require ATA but some of the more advanced stuff does realy only because it responds to thought, so they have to limit it alittle bit.

Goa'ulds didnt want there rank and file jaffa being able to use there pretty toys and show that they werent gods hence the need to naquida in the blood to use the more personal toys, (notice very few items actualy require naquida in the blood to use mostly the hand stuff and personal shields)

Wraith tech is purely biological and the wraith as a species are midly to extremely telepathic, so why bother with a normal interface when you can think what you want your ship to do? and also id feel pretty gross using with my biological ships joystick to steer the ship....

and you have seen the panels they have on asgard ships it would take you hours just to figure out how to turn on the lights..... okay do i move this little grey block here... or here??? and do i spin it this way or that way?
          Who knows what happens if you turn that little stone the wrong way.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dfoster1228 View Post
            Who knows what happens if you turn that little stone the wrong way.
            you get kidney stones..... huge ones

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post

Good one
              The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Karhedron
              I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

It wouldn't be secure if us Brits had access to it. It'd be left on pen-drive, on a train
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                  It wouldn't be secure if us Brits had access to it. It'd be left on pen-drive, on a train
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! thats AWSOME!, also Ironically true as well!

Maybe the Asgard has some kind of advanced mental FOF (Friend Or Foe) tagging embedded in the stones so that it reads your mind when you start to move the stones around and determines if your using the terminal for good or bad purposes?

its a bit far out but plausible I gues.......

lol
                    Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

i think that was said earlier, that the movement of the stones is quite complex, is enough security

Comment

[QUOTE=ph30nix;9740314]theres a reason for those "safeguards" on other species tech that realy isnt needed on asgard reasons being

ancient tech is made to be pretty simple to use, and it responds to humans in the area, some of it can be quite dangerous, so the basic stuff doesnt require ATA but some of the more advanced stuff does realy only because it responds to thought, so they have to limit it alittle bit.[QUOTE]

what about all the insane tec left in this ole galaxy, machines that can wipe out existence, dna manipulators, time loop machines, stargate destroyers to name but a few. I don't recall any security measures to hinder there operation. My baby dodo could operate dem.

Comment

plus lets be honest . without a friendly asgard on board , a nearby ascended being or u happening to be a replicator ...........your not getting on board . an ascended being or an asgard would negate the need for security . and wat the hell kind of program are u goign to write to keep a good bug out

Comment

no race could just walk to a Asgard vessel and just fly it(maybe the Ancient) they are one of the most advanced races in the galaxy

Comment

haha....well if us Aussies had access to the Asgard tech we would probably leave it on the backseat of an unlocked car in a folder marked 'really bloody sensitive info...please don't steal or I am in the Sh&t big time!'
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X