Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not the Elizabeth-dissing thread, guys.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      As for who is supposed to be in charge, I think that issue of command authority is going to be a big one, at least in the premiere.

Spoiler:
      Young is commander of the Icarus Base.

Rush is the head of the 9th chevron project.

Collins (who I think is now Telford) was hand-picked to lead the team through to the Destiny, should Rush's project succeed ... but he gets left behind and has to use the Ancient communications terminal to "appear" on the ship.

And finally, Wray is the senior I.O.A. rep who winds up on the ship against her wishes.

So we've got the project leader, the commander of the evacuated base (and ranking military officer), the government rep who would have a say over all of their jobs if she was back home, and the occasionally projected consciousness of the guy who was supposed to lead this mission but missed the party -- who shares the same rank as Colonel Young.

WHO IS IN CHARGE?

Exactly the right question.
      I think you've hit the nail on the head. Or else we're both wrong, as I would have written the same as you did.
      Originally posted by gange57 View Post
      WOW! Chloe is smokin' hawt, amirite guys?
      Yesurtotallyrite!
      I just realised that once SGU starts, we'll need a new batch of character icons...
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        Yesurtotallyrite!
        I just realised that once SGU starts, we'll need a new batch of character icons...
        ....and apparently a new box of tissues for some.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          I am hoping the same with the Black Canary. She did not look to good blonde but with that long black hair wig she looked great & that type of hair due would definitely stop the fans from whining about her being a Carter clone. Unless they cast her to be a Carter clone on purpose Hopefully they gave her enough time to grow out her hair
          If she is military, though, wouldn't it be more probable that they will leave her hair short? The guy who saw her on location said it was no longer than shoulder length, and blond. I think that her character will be so different from Carter's (tough life, not enough money for med school, not an officer) that people will stop making comparisons early on. I just TPTB they like her as much as Keller so the medical person won't get killed off!

As for Ming-Na, I am so glad she is on the show! I am hopeful that her character will be recurring like Zelenka, Bra'tac, Lorne, etc., so we can count on her being there for the duration.

Comment

I got my wish. Plenty of older characters, but also an early 20s babe to crush on throughout the course of the show. Unless I hate her of course. Hope that's not the case. I never had a problem with a couple of younger characters. So I'm glad they balanced it out with some older characters.

So, for now I'm going to look forward to this. Basically I'm hoping for an arc-based version of SG-1. That would rule. I'm all about arc-based, but it should still be true to what Stargate is. That much is obvious I guess.

I was always planning on watching the show, regardless of what I thought of it. But now I'm starting to get somewhat excited for it. The casting has gone a long way towards assuaging my fears.

Comment

It's kind of funny some of the guys are talking about a young girl to crush on while I'm drooling over the fact that frelling Lou Diamond Phillips has been cast.
              Awesome!

Oh and it's nice to finally get some female names to google too.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by jaames View Post
                Bollox. Elizabeth Weir was written great, up until the point where they wrote her out of the show.
                No, she really, really wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                  Oh and it's nice to finally get some female names to google too.
                  I see 'google' but I keep reading 'go ogle'.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                    Considering what they did to Elizabeth Weir, I'm inclined to say it's probably going to happen. An upgrade to regular would be helpful to change my attitude towards the show, but I honestly don't trust the writers with such a character.

Thank the gods for Laura Roslin.
                    I read somewhere the Asian lady will be written as a real b!tch. So you see, TPTB are already plotting her demise, and this time they don't want to face any Save Wray campaign.

I think the other females are safe just because they are "eye candy" and genuine members of the Universe: 90210 core cast.
                    sigpic

Comment

Alaina Huffman (Tamara Johansen): Alaina was one of the first auditions we saw way back in December (I was in Tokyo at the time and watched the stream from my room in The Peninsula). She was so good that, quite frankly, we would’ve been crazy not to cast her. I finally got the chance to chat with her today and discovered that, besides being quick-witted and absolutely lovely, she shares my affinity for Japan. Bonus points for that.

Elyse Levesque (Chloe Armstrong): Like Alaina, Elyse delivered a wonderfully nuanced audition, demonstrating impressive range in two very different ad demanding scenes. I only got the chance to speak to her briefly at the cast dinner but my first impression lines up with what everyone else has been saying about her: she is a sweetheart!

Ming-Na (Camille Wray):Back in my January 30th entry, I wrote “Meanwhile, we inch ever closer to casting one of my other favorites roles - the character of Wray.”. She’s one of my favorites because she has so much potential. That said, as I was working on the first part of the mid-season two-parter, I actually grew nervous. Wray has some nice, meaty scenes in my script and, without a strong actress in the role, the character would crash and burn. So you can imagine my delight to hear we had closed the deal with Ning-Ma, a tremendously talented actress (and, apparently, poker player) who is more than capable of delivering bigtime.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-announcement/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Two more:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X