This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The women of SGU

So according to Joe Mallozzi, they begin filming this week, and have been in weapons training etc since last week. Now my question is who is going to go stand out front of Bridge Studios to see who the female cast members are?? Apparently they can't be that good if everybody has forgotten about them before they even started.

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
    So according to Joe Mallozzi, they begin filming this week, and have been in weapons training etc since last week. Now my question is who is going to go stand out front of Bridge Studios to see who the female cast members are?? Apparently they can't be that good if everybody has forgotten about them before they even started.
    What drove you to this conclusion?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, I'm not really getting the connection either.
      Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

Got me stumped too!

I am sure they will tell us when they are ready....I dare say they are a little busy at the moment!!
        sigpic

Comment

Hopefully next week! I wonder who are the 2 female cast are?
          Did they cast unknowns or actresses with SCIFI backgrounds?

Looks like its going to be great and want to see if they used the Aurora design ( or somethingv close) for the new ship!

Comment

They're supposed to be announced this week. They've already been casted.
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Joe's Blog: February 4, 2009 (Last week)

Jon K. writes: “ Any news on when we will hear the rest of the SGU cast announcements?”

Answer: Hopefully by early next week at the latest.

I expect the announcements anyday now.

Comment

Well considering they are to start filming tomorrow, I would suspect that press will be forthcoming!!!
                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                  huh? how did you come to that conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Nadji View Post
                    Joe's Blog: February 4, 2009 (Last week)

Jon K. writes: “ Any news on when we will hear the rest of the SGU cast announcements?”

Answer: Hopefully by early next week at the latest.

I expect the announcements anyday now.
                    they begin filming tomorrow...so u figure today would have been a very good day to announce this bit of information...especially sinec they finished casting 4 or 5 days ago

Comment

Announced != casting has been made

Last I checked they aren't required to tell us who they cast, so they can wait however long.

Comment

Maybe some of dudes they announced will play transvestites.
                        sigpic

Comment

They finished casting a couple weeks ago and have already been working for almost a week. They announced the Robert Carlyle deal the same week it was signed. Even the male cast members were announced just after signing them.

They only reason I could see for not releasing a statement is that they are just D-list actresses. Nobody is really excited to announce it or have better things to do. This is supposed to be a character driven series, so you would think the actors/actresses would be big news.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                            Announced != casting has been made

Last I checked they aren't required to tell us who they cast, so they can wait however long.
                            I never said they had to tell us, if you read my post. I said somebody must know who these mystery women are since they are already working, and going to the set for the last week.

Comment

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun with my judgment (I haven't been following SGU very closely), but the lack of PR focus on any of their female characters/actors suggests to me that SGU is going to fall in line with its male-centric predecessors. If they'd gotten a "name" female actor, they would've released that info by now.

I could be wrong, but if the female actors/characters are going to be as inconsequential to this new show as they were on Atlantis -- and, to a lesser extent, SG -1 -- I have no interest in watching. The gentlemen behind the Stargate franchise can keep their "buddy" sci-fi shows. I'll stick with Lost, BSG, Heroes and Sanctuary... where female characters actually matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X