X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarcophagus Question

Possible spoiler season 2

Ok in season 2 in the episode where Daniel Jackson get's addicted to the sarcophagus, he mentions how he no longer needs glasses because the sarcophagus fixed his eye sight.

Of course he breaks the addiction and his eyesight returns to it's previous glasses bearing state. Why?

They can be brought back from the dead and they don't die again? Also if they had any wound (like a staff wound) it has been healed and does not revert?

Finally why do their clothes not get repaired; however, when a god enters wounded their clothes are usually repaired?

Thanks,

Ego

Well perhaps eyesight returns because it is only a partial resurection, eyesight would return to it's poor self, or maybe he thinks glasses are cool
    Clothes are probably not organic you should find and the sarcoughagus would probably recognize this difference

Comment

well the sarcophagus heals you back to your normal sate and since the need for glasses could be something he was born with it was only a temporary fix since its written into his dna that he has bad eyes, that may be what the machine from "Metomorphosis" was for, t be used in conjunction with the healing technology

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        glasses could be something he was born with it was only a temporary fix since its written into his dna that he has bad eyes
        It's probably because the glasses are not organic as with clothes they are not repaired

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
          It's probably because the glasses are not organic as with clothes they are not repaired
          no its not about fixing the glasses its about fixing his eyes themselves

Comment

The need for corrected vision arises from astygmatism; the fact that a person's eyes are not quite perfectly round. Over time, eyesight deteriorates, as the effects of the astygmatism become more pronounced. The sarcophagus removes the effects of Daniel's astygmatism, but the astygmatism itself remains.

For all we know, it might have taken years for him to return fully to his old prescription. He might have had to swap opticians so they didn't notice that he'd suddenly dropped from a -20 to a -0.5.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Maybe he keeps sitting to close to the t.v.

Comment

Or he sits under the bed covers with a torch reading until way past his bed-time.
                sum ergo cogitum
                I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                  Or he sits under the bed covers with a torch reading until way past his bed-time.
                  a torch? wouldnt that set his bed on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    a torch? wouldnt that set his bed on fire?
                    AKA flashlight
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

No I did actually mean a flaming torch as sg 1983 thought. What happened was that he did indeed set the bed on fire, and in the ensuing inferno, the area around his eyes suffered some minor traumor, resulting in impaired sight. It's true, it really happened that way! Trust me, I eat jelly!
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

I think it's a little more than jelly Champos
                        Think of it this way he may have no eyes and they are just glass eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                          No I did actually mean a flaming torch as sg 1983 thought. What happened was that he did indeed set the bed on fire, and in the ensuing inferno, the area around his eyes suffered some minor traumor, resulting in impaired sight. It's true, it really happened that way! Trust me, I eat jelly!
                          i feel a little silly about that other post, after i posted it realized what you meant

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                            I think it's a little more than jelly Champos
                            Think of it this way he may have no eyes and they are just glass eyes
                            Never underestimate the power of jelly...
                            sum ergo cogitum
                            I am therefore I think.

Comment

On one of the season 4 commentaries PDL said something about the glasses thing and how his eyes should have been fixed but that the glasses are such a recognizable Daniel Jackson thing that they chose to overlook that little plot hole.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                              X