Smallville General News and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Smallville" Season 10 Possible??

On the back of yesterday's announcement that The CW has renewed "Smallville" for a 9th season, the Superman Homepage did some digging to find out just who will be returning in Season 9.
    A source well positioned to know about these things told the Superman Homepage that at this point in a TV series Warner Bros. requires main cast members to sign a 2 year contract. Therefore Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen) and Erica Durance (Lois Lane) were all signed on for a possible 9th season when they negotiated their contracts at the beginning of Season 8.

So, with Tom Welling's original contract having been for 8 seasons, his new contract (signed for season 9) would most likely also be a 2 year deal, meaning there could potentially be a season 10!

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Comment

Cool. I still think this show has a lot of new life. The new showrunners don't seem afraid of moving the story forwards, so it's more of a parallel universe to the first movie/lois and clark. To me, the old showrunners refused to use the premises full potential, insisting it stay focused as a teen drama which just happens to have clark kent in it. The new ones don't mind making it more of a comic book adaptation of clarks life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        Cool. I still think this show has a lot of new life. The new showrunners don't seem afraid of moving the story forwards, so it's more of a parallel universe to the first movie/lois and clark. To me, the old showrunners refused to use the premises full potential, insisting it stay focused as a teen drama which just happens to have clark kent in it. The new ones don't mind making it more of a comic book adaptation of clarks life.
        This show definitely has a lot of life left in it. I really like the direction it has taken this season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Smallville Producers Say "NO!" to Batman & Wonder Woman Appearances

Sadly for any one who had hope that some day Bruce Wayne or Wonder Woman would appear on the show... enough hoping, we got confirmation here that it will never happen on SMALLVILLE.

SMALLVILLE's co-creator Alfred Gough says the writers and producers were refused permission to feature Batman and Wonder Woman in the hit TV series.

The show centres on the early years of Clark Kent, before he donned the Superman costume, with Tom Welling in the lead role.

Gough, who left the series last year, spoke to Smallville magazine about his time on the show and said the key to its success was "the enduring power of Superman."

Asked which characters had been ruled off-limits, Gough said: "Just Batman and Wonder Woman. Those were really it. We used every character from a former Superman series or movie we wanted to."

He told the magazine: "We earned the right to incorporate a lot more of the DC mythology, which really lit a fire under the show. We introduced the future Justice League, Brainiac, Bizarro, the Fortress and Lois Lane. Suddenly we earned the right to use these toys from the DC toy box to great effect."

The show has also featured comicbook characters Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Cyborg and a junior version of The Flash. Guest appearances were made by actors from former Superman movies and series, including Dean Cain, Marc McLure, Helen Slater, Christopher Reeve, Terence Stamp and Margot Kidder.

The Show Also brought in 3 Legion of Super-Heros, feat. Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl.
          Hopefully the show will introduce more Characters from the Legion in the upcoming Season 9, which will air in the fall of 09'.

Well People I guess this is as good as it gets, with these Justice League Characters and Legion Characters. No Bruce Wayne coming into town on business, and no Wonder Woman Saving the day...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...t/news/?a=6712

Comment

Shame they don't give a reason. I guess it's because Batman is doing well off on his own at the moment, and maybe that Wonder Woman's backstory is a little silly even for Smallville standards.

Comment

It is kind of a shame. I would have loved to see Bruce Wayne stroll into town for some business with Oliver.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Visit to the set of Smallville complete with spoilers!!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...k/news/?a=6871

Comment

Smallville - Adventures of Ed Rocker - Behind the Scenes Photos of Smallville:

[NOTE: Ed Rocker is a Vancouver background perfomer. He has appeared in a wide variety of Vancouver movie and tv series productions, including Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Atlantis, Smallville, and the new series, Defying Gravity.)

At Adventures of Ed Rocker:

Photos of the background performers on Smallville:

Clash of the Titans - Day One

Clash of the Titans - Day Two

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Got Questions About Smallville?

To help get you through Smallville's current "break" — the next new episode, "Stiletto," arrives April 23 — executive producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders have offered to field some questions from TVGuide.com readers.

So ask away, keeping in mind the following important notes:

1. A maximum of two questions per user name will be considered.

2. As a matter of policy, the producers will not answer questions relating to an actor's contract status — and, pay attention now, that includes episode counts past, present or future.

3. I'm closing the doors on this solicitation Friday, April 10, at 8pm/ET.

Good luck!

http://www.tvguide.com/Asks/Got-Ques...e-1004941.aspx

Comment

Smallville: The Complete Eighth Season [DVD/Blu-ray] availble for pre-ordering (Region 1)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sma...Season-8/11727

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Smallville: The Complete Eighth Season [DVD/Blu-ray] availble for pre-ordering (Region 1)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sma...Season-8/11727
                        I'll definitely be pre-ordering this.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What ever happened to Lex Luthor? I haven't watched in many seasons, but when I did, Lex was my favorite. Is he still around? Or have they killed him off?
                          sigpic

Comment

Interview with Emmanuelle Vaugier - Smallville's Dr. Helen Bryce and CSI: NY's Detective Jessica Angell. See link below:

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...n-my-shoulder/

Comment

Interview with Cassidy Freeman - Smallville's Tess Mercer. See link below

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/090501-cassidy-freeman.html

Comment

Smallville -Official Studio Press Release and Trailer for Season 8 on Blu-ray & DVD

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
                                In the Director's Chair: Behind the Lens and Calling the Shots with Allison Mack Featurette - We speak with the veteran Smallville star about taking the directorial reins after 17 years in front of the camera, and how she made the transition from actor to director.
                                Smallville's Doomsday: The Making of a Monster Featurette - Fans go behind-the-scenes for the creation of Superman's most notorious foe as Doomsday comes to Smallville.
                                Cast & Creator Commentaries.
                                Unaired Scenes.

Full details at link:-
                                http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/12064

Comment

Working...
                                X