No announcement yet.

Smallville General News and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they will consider moving it back to Thursday night?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think they will move it back. They moved it to Friday for a reason. Unless Vampire Diaries starts to just totally flop in SV's old time slot (which I don't see happening), I don't see the CW moving Smallville back. The CW is more interested in the success of VD than they are in Smallville's, imo.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        I don't think they will move it back. They moved it to Friday for a reason. Unless Vampire Diaries starts to just totally flop in SV's old time slot (which I don't see happening), I don't see the CW moving Smallville back. The CW is more interested in the success of VD than they are in Smallville's, imo.
        Yeah, I know the odds are pretty slim of them giving it back its old timeslot.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Dollhouse and Smallville Ratings Surge Thanks to DVR

Dollhouse and Smallville tied for the largest gain in viewers, with each obtaining 50 percent more viewers in the seven days following their initial airings.

Both shows also saw a jump in their ratings this past Friday. Dollhouse pulled in 2.25 million viewers, improving on the previous week by a quarter million viewers. Smallville added an additional 100,000 viewers to bring its total to 2.3 million viewers

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dollhous...s-1010805.aspx

Comment

Very good to hear about the ratings.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Episode 904 Ratings

Smallville was up a tick vs. last week to a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. Smallville fans who don’t think CW has any love for Smallville, someone from CW sent us some info about last night’s results on his weekend:

SMALLVILLE delivered its largest audience (2.62mil) and best adults 18-49 (1.1/4) of the season.

In fact, this was our best performance in the time period in these categories since our last Smackdown on 9/26/08.

Adults 18-34 remains steady at a 1.1/4.

SMALLVILLE ranked second in the hour among men 18-34 (1.3/6) and men 18-49 (1.3/5), beating the big 3.

Versus comedies a year ago, SMALLVILLE is up by 38% in adults 18-34, 117% in men 18-34, 38% in adults 18-49, 117% in men 18-49 and 46% in viewers.
              http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/17...its-lows/30727

Comment

Well they certainly can't go wrong by putting SV on Friday night because who watched any of that other mess they put on Friday nights anyway...much less any other day of the week other than SPN. Putting it on Friday only hurt SV's ratings and not the network as VD is doing as well as SV did in the Thursday night spot.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  Well they certainly can't go wrong by putting SV on Friday night because who watched any of that other mess they put on Friday nights anyway...much less any other day of the week other than SPN. Putting it on Friday only hurt SV's ratings and not the network as VD is doing as well as SV did in the Thursday night spot.
                  I was just so used to watching Smallville and Supernatural on the same night. It has been a rough adjustment for me.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just heard about this on twitter:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1036548p1.html

Playing Hawkman will be an actor who brings his own notable sci-fi following to the role. Michael Shanks, who has recently been appearing on Burn Notice, but is best known as Daniel Jackson on Stargate SG-1, will portray the classic DC hero.
                    I don't know about any of you, but I thought this news was ****ing awesome.

Here's a second source:

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/artic..._to_Smallville
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Fabulous news...I'm sure he'll bring great characterisation to the part.....and he'll definitely bring a few new fans over to the series....very pleased for him...

News is up on MSOL too...

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Thomasina: Any word on Smallville? We fans are dying to know if it is going to go another season. I really hope so.
                        Sources at the CW say it's just too soon to tell and that they won't really have a sense of how things are leaning until next year. So sit tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Thomasina: Any word on Smallville? We fans are dying to know if it is going to go another season. I really hope so.
                          Sources at the CW say it's just too soon to tell and that they won't really have a sense of how things are leaning until next year. So sit tight.
                          While I definitely would welcome a 10th season, I won't be terribly crushed if this is Smallville's final season. It has lasted far longer than almost anyone, myself included, thought it would.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            While I definitely would welcome a 10th season, I won't be terribly crushed if this is Smallville's final season. It has lasted far longer than almost anyone, myself included, thought it would.
                            I'm not too optimistic about a 10th season. It would be nice, I guess, but I think I'd rather see them end strong this season.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

'Smallville' Actor Arrested in Big-Time Drug Deal

One of the stars of "Smallville" was arrested this morning -- after cops say he was part of a conspiracy to deal more than 10,000 pills of oxycodone.

TMZ has learned Sam Jones, who played Clark Kent's best friend on the show, was taken into custody by DEA agents who claim Jones was a "co-conspirator" in a series of major drug deals in 2008. According to documents filed in federal court, the DEA claims Jones was the "Hollywood connection" in a plot to illegally purchase and distribute the oxycodone. Jones has been charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute. He's due in federal court in L.A. later today. If convicted, Jones faces up to 20 years in federal prison.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/10/sma...-big-time.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                'Smallville' Actor Arrested in Big-Time Drug Deal

One of the stars of "Smallville" was arrested this morning -- after cops say he was part of a conspiracy to deal more than 10,000 pills of oxycodone.

TMZ has learned Sam Jones, who played Clark Kent's best friend on the show, was taken into custody by DEA agents who claim Jones was a "co-conspirator" in a series of major drug deals in 2008. According to documents filed in federal court, the DEA claims Jones was the "Hollywood connection" in a plot to illegally purchase and distribute the oxycodone. Jones has been charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute. He's due in federal court in L.A. later today. If convicted, Jones faces up to 20 years in federal prison.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/10/sma...-big-time.html
                                WOW!! He is seriously screwed.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X