Smallville General News and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Could this effect any renewal of Smallville? Thoughts?
    That and a lot more.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      That and a lot more.
      I think full ownership doesn't revert back to the family until 2013. Honestly, I think Smallville will have been off the air by then.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Interesting tweet from Cassidy Freeman

Working on CSI...lovely people and awesome uniforms.
        about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry
        http://twitter.com/cassidyfreeman/status/3693940264

Comment

Interesting tweet from Cassidy Freeman

http://twitter.com/cassidyfreeman/status/3693940264
          A guest spot, I am hoping?
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            A guest spot, I am hoping?
            I'd guess so

Comment

Exclusive: 'Smallville' heroine Kristin Kreuk joins 'Chuck'

If I didn’t know better I’d say Chuck’s got a thing for Superman.

On the heels of Brandon Routh’s casting as a love interest for Sarah comes word that Smallville vet Kristin Kreuk is joining Chuck for multiple episodes as Hannah, a girl Chuck meets on a flight to Paris. “Chuck and Hannah definitely have feelings for each other,” teases an insider.

continues:
              http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/09/...k-joins-chuck/

Comment

Good for her. I hope she does well on Chuck.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Good for her. I hope she does well on Chuck.
                  Me too. Anything that keeps her away from Smallville is great news.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    Me too. Anything that keeps her away from Smallville is great news.
                    At this point in Smallville's story, I totally agree. I do not want to see Lana again on the show.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

At this point in Smallville's story, I totally agree. I do not want to see Lana again on the show.
                      I 3rd that 100%
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        I 3rd that 100%
                        Her time has just past. It is time to focus on Lois and Clark.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Season Premiere Ratings: How Did Smallville Do?

The overnight TV ratings are now out, and as some expected, Smallville's first Friday night had significantly lower ratings than the show had before.

With that said... it still beats most of The CW's lineup on other days of the week. It's unfortunate, though, that the folks who didn't see the show on Friday night, or those who might have had audio problems on their local affiliates, won't get a second-chance "encore" like The CW had given some of its other shows.

Also unsurprising? The America's Next Top Model "encore" at 9PM had only 1.17 million viewers. How about a more compatible show to pair with?
                          http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Smallville on Friday, I’m guessing drew its lowest ratings ever for an original episode. But the CW notes the following:

The premiere of SMALLVILLE scored our best performance in the Friday 8pm hour among adults 18-34 (1.0/4), adults 18-49 (1.0/4) and total viewers (2.5mil) in a year (Sept. 26 2008 – Smackdown).

Versus premiere night last year, Smallville outperformed our comedies by +25% in adults 18-49 and +25% in total viewers.
                          http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/09/26...ns-night/28502

Comment

SMALLVILLE CRASHES AFTER EIGHT SEASONS (Or It’s Time To Fire Ostroff)

How do you keep a job for nearly 7 years when your product continues to erode at extremely high rates? You blame it on cable. You make claims that you can increase revenue based on aiming at a distinct and often ignored demographic. In other words … you lie.

SMALLVILLE last night debuted for Season 9 with the worst numbers in the history of the show. 2.5M viewers and a 1.0 in the prized 18-49 demo. The series that kept chugging along guaranteed for 500k DVD units sold minimum per season, and alway pulling in around 4M viewers and a 1.4 to 1.7 in its latter years. The once proud flagship of ratings for The WB and The CW has fallen. SUPERNATURAL not only beat it recently in DVD sales, but now in the ratings.

continues:
                            http://behindthescreensblog.com/2009...tched-program/

Comment

SMALLVILLE CRASHES AFTER EIGHT SEASONS (Or It’s Time To Fire Ostroff)

How do you keep a job for nearly 7 years when your product continues to erode at extremely high rates? You blame it on cable. You make claims that you can increase revenue based on aiming at a distinct and often ignored demographic. In other words … you lie.

SMALLVILLE last night debuted for Season 9 with the worst numbers in the history of the show. 2.5M viewers and a 1.0 in the prized 18-49 demo. The series that kept chugging along guaranteed for 500k DVD units sold minimum per season, and alway pulling in around 4M viewers and a 1.4 to 1.7 in its latter years. The once proud flagship of ratings for The WB and The CW has fallen. SUPERNATURAL not only beat it recently in DVD sales, but now in the ratings.

continues:
                              http://behindthescreensblog.com/2009...tched-program/
                              well wat the hell do you expect when you move a show ti friday night!!even the most loyal fan is going to say"screw it im going out its friday ill jst record or catch the rerun later!!"but watever im sure we all saw a drop in rtings coming when they announced this lame move

Comment

Yeah I missed it because of the Friday night move, any chance they'll be offered legally on the web? I saw the Smallville website had a tab for full episodes with nothing in there, so I was hoping they might add the new episodes after a certain period of time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X