Smallville General News and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville General News and Discussion Thread

This thread is for general news and discussion about all things related to smallville. (Note spoiler are for the sopiler thread).

It's Official: Slavkin & Swimmer Depart For Melrose Place

As previously rumored, two of Smallville's showrunners, Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer, will be departing the show to helm the CW's new revival of Melrose Place. The news was confirmed today in the Los Angeles Times and in Entertainment Wekk.

The report also states that a greenlight for more Smallville, under remaining producers Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson, is likely for Fall 2009.

Stay tuned for more details when and if they become available. Slavkin & Swimmer have been with Smallville ever since Season Two.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Comment

Smallville Spin-Off For 2009-2010?

Smallville's future as far as a ninth season would go is still "up in the air," with many things riding on the signing of Tom Welling for a ninth year.

However, we are starting to hear rumors that if Tom does not sign for a Season 9, there might be a Smallville spin-off in its place after all. No ideas yet on casting or concept, or if this is anything more than a rumor, but it's something to think about....

Comment

"Requiem" Ratings!
        Kristin Kreuk's goodbye episode gave Smallville decent ratings for February 5. They were down a little from last week, but considering last week was up against mostly reruns, a loss of only 300,000 viewers isn't too bad.

Smallville will return with new episodes on March 5.

Here's the overnight-ratings breakdown for last night (Source: Mediaweek):

Rank Show Network Rating (in millions of viewers)
        #1 Bones FOX 10.76 N/A
        #2 Ugly Betty ABC 7.27 3.97 (R) (#5)
        #3 The Big Bang Theory (R) (8:00-8:30) CBS 6.17 N/A
        #4 My Name Is Earl (8:00-8:30) NBC 6.16 4.83 (R) (#3)
        #5 How I Met Your Mother (R) (8:30-9:00) CBS 5.95 N/A
        #6 Kath & Kim (8:30-9:00) NBC 4.72 3.29 (R) (#6)
        #7 Smallville The CW 3.88 4.18 (#4)

Comment

Smallville Complete Season 8 Region 2 Box Set it to be released 8th September 2009 and is available to preorder.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct....do?sku=930665
          Last edited by Madwelshboy; 09 February 2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            It's Official: Slavkin & Swimmer Depart For Melrose Place

As previously rumored, two of Smallville's showrunners, Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer, will be departing the show to helm the CW's new revival of Melrose Place. The news was confirmed today in the Los Angeles Times and in Entertainment Wekk.

The report also states that a greenlight for more Smallville, under remaining producers Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson, is likely for Fall 2009.

Stay tuned for more details when and if they become available. Slavkin & Swimmer have been with Smallville ever since Season Two.

Wow, they are leaving too? That's not so good.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

"Infamous" Air Date Changed
              The wait for the next episode of Smallville Season 8 will be extended for a week longer than previously expected.

The CW has moved back the "Infamous" episode by a week, and it is now scheduled to air on March 12, 2009. On March 5, The CW will be showing a repeat of the episode "Legion."

here is a schedule for the coming weeks (subject to change):

2/12 #8-6 "Prey"
              2/19 #8-7 "Identity"
              2/26 #8-8 "Bloodline"
              3/5 #8-10 "Legion"
              3/12 #8-15 "Infamous" NEW!
              3/19 #8-16 "Turbulence" NEW!
              3/26 #8-17 "Hex" NEW!
              4/2 #8-18 "Eternal" NEW!
              4/9 & 4/16 Repeats - To Be Announced
              4/23 #8-19 "Stiletto" NEW!
              4/30 #8-20 Title Unknown NEW!
              5/7 #8-21 Title Unknown NEW!
              5/14 #8-22 Season 8 Finale - Title Unknown NEW!

(And yes, this schedule change does also affect the return of Supernatural - it will also be coming back with new episodes on March 12 wit the episode "Death Takes A Holiday.")

Comment

March 12th now? Come on!!
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What is with all these breaks in US shows. It seem everything is having haitus at Christmas and other one shortly afterwards. Smallvill, Fringe.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    What is with all these breaks in US shows. It seem everything is having haitus at Christmas and other one shortly afterwards. Smallvill, Fringe.
                    Yeah, these breaks are freaking ridiculous. There is no excuse for these networks to put us fans through this kind of torture.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well I actually really hope Smallville gets renewed. I stopped watching a little way into season 6 I think. I just got bored of it. But I recently watched all of season 7 (which was ok) and all of season 8 so far, and I think season 8 has been the best. Clark, as a character, is just so much more fun to watch when Lana is not around. He's a much more confident character with a season of humour. I missed that from the last couple of episodes.

Also I think they should stop bringing in new characters just for the sake of it. In season 7 they bought in Kara, who was an interesting character, but in terms of the main plot she didn't really need to be there. Or at least for more than a few episodes. They seemed to like bringing in new people just to give them pointless side stories with little effect on the main arc, which annoyed me greatly. Luckily this season all the characters are more closely tied together and the story flows better. But I think in the last few seasons they wrote themselves into a corner. Since Lex and Clark were no longer friends, it makes little sense that they would have much contact, so they were stuck with two completely seperate stories which they could only tie together for a couple of episodes. I loves Michael Rosenbaum as Lex, but him leaving was actually really good for the show, as it gave the writers a chance to focus more on Clark's journey, and I like how they've had him as a hidden antagonist behind the scenes.

That's quite a long rant. I've had nowhere to share my Smallville thoughts with before.

Comment

SEASON 9 CONFIRMED

In the clearest sign yet that The CW will live to fight another season, the network has given early renewals to a half-dozen existing series, including Superman drama “Smallville.”

In the case of “Smallville,” producer Warner Bros. Television had been negotiating with series star Tom Welling to return. The CW’s renewal indicates the studio was successful in those conversations.

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/02/c...ing_around.php

Comment

That is such awesome news. I can't even put into words how happy I am that Smallville will get a 9th season. I say bring it on.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Alaina Huffman & Elyse Levesque Join SGU

As many of you have heard by now Smallville alumni Huffman & Elyse have joined the cast of SGU. Levesque stars as Chloe Armstrong, the daughter and aide of a U.S. senator, while Huffman portrays Master Sgt. Tamara Johansen, the strong-willed field medic saw the Air Force as the best option.

So with Huffman signed up to SGU and Smallville renewed for season 9, dose that mean there will be no more Black Canary in Smallvilles future??

Comment

Question: We know that Tom Welling will be returning for Smallville's ninth season, but what about the rest of the cast? --Bill

Ausiello: My Small mole assures me that all principal cast members are on board for next season, with one possible exception: The dude who plays Doomsday. (I'm blanking on his name and I'm too lazy to look it up.)

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/...siello--3.html

Comment

Working...
                              X