X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let It Snow!!!!!!

Hey everybody!

We just had the fist snowfall of the year, here at good ol' CMU. (OK, the second, but the first one happened over Thanksgiving Break with no one here to enjoy it so it doesn't count.)
    Currently it's 2:12 in the AM, and my roommate and I just got back in after a late night snowball fight with about half the population of our dorm building. We built a GIANT snowman and sat back and watched "Brave Heart 2: The Frozen Sequal" play out as kids lined up on either side ofthe train tracks that run through campus then proceeded to run at each other screeming and throwing snow! it was GREAT!!!

SO... what I want from you; your crazy late night stories. Either from college (the best, of course... but please, keep it clean.. I hear there are children present) or anywhere else. What's the craziest thing you've ever done late at night on a whim? Or just tell us your best 1st snowfall of the year story.

OK, GO!
    - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
    THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
    BM: "Aren't they all?"
    www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
    www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Don't have that much snow here. The winters are usually just a tad bit too warm here, just above freezing point. If it snows, it's smelting snow (like earlier this month) or it's like 5 cm and gone in 3 days.

Weird actually, we're a high up north as Labrador, Canada but I never have seen a white Christmas. Allways like 0-5° C (32-40 F)

---

Other crazy late night college stories ? Well, we've got plenty here, becaue the minimum age to drink beer or vodka is 16 instead of 21 like in the US here so I think you can imagine.
    Once, while coming back from a party in summer, when it was still 35°C (95 F) we could need a little refreshment. We were riding our bikes (gotta be 18 for cars and I wasn't at the time) along the main street to our town, but the alcohol made sure we didn't ride straight. Then, something came up, the mayor of our city lived quite close to where we were at, and we know he had a 10 by 30 meter outdoor swimming pool in his garden. We decided to go for it and sneaked in from the back of his domain to check if any lights were on, any guards were present (normally not) and if alarm were placed in the back. Seemed clear and we had a go and plunged into his swimming pool, but after a few minutes I saw that a light was switched on inside. We ran as quickly as we could to our bikes and tried to get the hell out of there, we barely made it because we heard someone chasing us. We lost him though, coz that guy was like 250 pds (some bodyguard I guess) and even drunk we were faster than he was.
    Great experience, a nice adrenaline rush ... too bad of the hangover the next day though...
    Last edited by XToDaZ; 01 December 2004, 01:14 AM.

Comment

It doesnt snow in Australia....especially not during summer

So I've never had a white christmas

But next year I'll be in Holland and the year after in Canada!!

Who wants to bet it wont snow those two years just cos im in cold countries!?

Comment

Don't have any late night crazy college stories, but here in Manitoba we had our first snowfall November 22nd. Usually it snows ALOT on, before, or just right after Halloween. It was late this year! It snowed alot yesterday too, and it's snowing right now.

I am very hopeful for ALOT of snow, thus cancelling school lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

We had are first mesureable snow of the season yesterday morning. When it does that I stay inside and try not to drive any where (those crazy drivers). In the winter (sorry about this, MartoufMarty), we also get the cold north winds from Canada. *shivers just thanking about it*

Comment

It snowed an itty bitty bit here on Thanksgiving (November... oh, whatever day that was) but that was about it. It's really icy out there now though so I get to be driven around now, YAY!
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

We could have snow (not a lot) or not. You never know. One year, I was working at the police dept. and it started snowing heavily. There was 1 foot of snow on the ground and when it snows here, that is a lot trouble, as it doesn't happen to snow that much very often. The city offices shut down and sent everyone home. A kindly officer from Michigan, who was used to driving in the snow, loaded a bunch of us up in a police van and dropped us all off on his way home. It was a mess. Accidents everywhere, heavy snow. I got home and an hour later the sun came out, and it was 65 degrees and all the snow was melted by 5:00, usual quitting time. So I had to get a ride back to pick up my car. Much ado for nothing. But we got out of work early.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                It doesnt snow in Australia....especially not during summer

So I've never had a white christmas

But next year I'll be in Holland and the year after in Canada!!

Who wants to bet it wont snow those two years just cos im in cold countries!?
                Even though Holland is as high as Canada, it doesn't often snow and if it does, it won't stay. The last white christmas in Belgium or Holland was over 35 years ago. So don't complain, you can still have a drink outstide while it's warm, while we're usually in the icy cold ... rain ...

Comment

It snowed a few weeks ago here and I got all excited about it.
                  Snow in the UK is variable. We tend to get heavier falls that might stick around for a few days in Jan/Feb rather than Dec. My Aunt remembers when it snowed so bad that a double decker bus got lost in a drift, but bear in mind this would have been about 60 years ago! I guess global warming has a lot to answer for...
                  I love snow.
                  Random late night stories??
                  On my D of E expedition practise we decided to forsake the tent and sleep (uh, for sleep, read in 'talk all night and eat emergency rations after melting in camp-fire) under the stars...
                  It got mightily chilly about 4AM!
                  I spent an entire night awake in a forest once doing 'camp craft' and night walks with the Guides when I was a bit younger. *That* was pretty cool, walking in a dark wood at night. Especially after three hours of ghost stories... heheheh.

Comment

We got our first snow fall this morning. I was surprised actually. It's like a month late. I live in Canada. Don't complain about not having any white Christmases, they are sooooo overrated. It's artic cold here for the whole winter. Walking to get public transportation is torture (my eyelids get frozen together for crying out loud!). It's very pretty for sure, when you're inside and warm. And snow doesn't stay white very long, does it? after a month or so it's in huge brown piles on the street then it get's all sloshy... I'd much rather never have any snow.

And it's so freaking cold!!!!
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I wish, I so wish, it would snow here (in Texas). Only consolidation, I will visit my family in Austria over Christmas
                      Lot's of snow there!

Comment

Working...
                      X