Requiem (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I don't think I remember seeing him on Atlantis.
    Just a small part in season two Trinity
    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_206_215.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
      Chris Gauthier, who played Winslow Schott (bombmaker) also has Stargate connections, he was in both Ark of Truth and a Atlantis episode.
      Oh, yeah, he is in Atlantis. He's in the episode Trinity.

I looked him up at IMDB and saw that he also plays Vincent in Eureka (which I didn't realize until I looked him up) and also did a couple of Supernatural episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
        Just a small part in season two Trinity
        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_206_215.JPG
        Lol as soon as I saw the picture I thought "Oh yeah, that dude" It never crossed my mind during the episode.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Does Lana get to keep her powers? If so then it rather reduces Clark's importance if there is someone out there who is as fast and strong as he is in addition to being able to take Clark down just be standing close to him...

I have to say that this episode irritated me, the show seemed to have finally moved beyond the Lana/Clark relationship this season only to have them shove Lana down our throats once again.

You have to wonder if some Lana Lang fan kidnapped the writers dog and forced him to write this episode...

Comment

Lana keeps her powers but if I'm not mistaken she does not have invulnerability (at least not to slashing/piercing attacks ie. blades & bullets) so she's more like Wonder Woman. maybe that's why Clark said that even with her strength & speed it was still dangerous out there

btw I was somewhat annoyed at the Lana+Clark renewal too, but this series is only supposed to be based loosely on the comics (for example the comics Brainiac is not of kryptonian origin, etc.) so maybe in this series the writers never intended Clark & Lois to hook up

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
              btw I was somewhat annoyed at the Lana+Clark renewal too, but this series is only supposed to be based loosely on the comics (for example the comics Brainiac is not of kryptonian origin, etc.) so maybe in this series the writers never intended Clark & Lois to hook up
              They're not gonna stray that far from the comics. The fans already hate the Clark/Lana stuff because they let it drag out for so long.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

The really irritating thing about Lana coming back is that things were going along well between Clark and Lois, there actually seemed to be real chemistry there which I always felt was missing from the Clana.

These episodes just feel like the don´t belong in this season and should have been done last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  They're not gonna stray that far from the comics.
                  hey they already killed Lex Luthor
                  and given the circumstances (esp. his remains found & identified as his) looks like the only way to bring him back would be for the writers to pull off another "omg it wuz only a clone" on us (like they did with Lana) which needless to say wouldn't exactly serve the series well
                  so it's a bit of a dilemma isn't it : either kill Lex (and stray too far from the comics), or bring him back (and kill the show instead)

unless there's a 3rd option, if so I'd be curious to hear it :|

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    hey they already killed Lex Luthor
                    and given the circumstances (esp. his remains found & identified as his) looks like the only way to bring him back would be for the writers to pull off another "omg it wuz only a clone" on us (like they did with Lana) which needless to say wouldn't exactly serve the series well
                    so it's a bit of a dilemma isn't it : either kill Lex (and stray too far from the comics), or bring him back (and kill the show instead)

unless there's a 3rd option, if so I'd be curious to hear it :|
                    Time travel
                    Lex bribed the forensic team to say that the remains were his
                    Alternate reality Lex with the real one trapped in the phantom zone but finally escaping...

This is a comic book based universe so anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      Lex bribed the forensic team to say that the remains were his
                      **** I forgot the simplest. yup could be it. it's the typical "Luthor way" of doing things, too ^__^

Comment

yay, lana's gone now!! Lois and Clark time baby! I LOVED that last scene with Clark and Lana. It was amazing. That's about all I liked about the whole Clark/Lana thing...for this episode at least

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
                          lex obviously isn't dead.
                          he wasn't in the truck he was watching the explosion on his screen and was really somewhere else.
                          the remains they found were of a clone he put there.
                          he faked his own death so that they'll stop looking for him.
                          I thought that but there is a frame of his face with an explosion all around... I really hope he isn't dead though. And I know it's silly, but that Michael Rosenbaum comes back for at least a guest episode!

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                          I can say that I'm glad the Clark/Lana storyline is finally over. I wish Lois was there in at least ONE of these Clark/Lana episodes to kinda lay it down on Clark, "wtf were you doing going after me and now you're running back to Lana?!"

Was that a Teryl Rothery cameo (Dr. Fraiser on SG-1) in the opening scene talking to Oliver Queen?
                          Yeah I know! Having Lois there would have made the whole Lana arc much more interesting (*whispers* and bearable! ). The tension there would have been between her and Clark, the development (or destruction) of her friendship with Lana, and not to mention Lex! I would have loved for Lois to have teamed up with Oliver and Chloe, or at least for her to be somewhat involved in the Lex plotline. Her relationship with Lex was never really developed, and in the Superman incarnations (ok, I mean films, I never read the comics ) that was one of the most interesting.

I am really glad that Lana is her own person now. For ages I've wanted her to break out from Clark's shadow and become her own person. Her speech at the end was great - "I know my life now", or something like that. She deserves to have her own destiny, seperate from Clark.

And is anyone else unhappy about how Clana ended? I mean, I loved how they did it (heartbreaking!), but now it seems like Lois is always going to be second best, and Clark and Lois' relationship is never supposed to be that way...
                          ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                            And is anyone else unhappy about how Clana ended? I mean, I loved how they did it (heartbreaking!), but now it seems like Lois is always going to be second best, and Clark and Lois' relationship is never supposed to be that way...
                            I totally agree! It would have been better to wrap up the whole Clark/Lana thing before the Clark/Lois thing really got going. I mean, of course there will always be feelings that Clark will have for Lana, but it could have been done in a way that would give a cleaner, healthier feel for Clark and Lois. Lana as a first love, fine...but not as the love he never got over.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I'm torn on this episode. Parts were really good and parts were bad, but it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the season. If there was this sort of story as a stand alone thing (maybe a movie) it would be very good. But given its placing in season 8 it seems weird.

Comment

It is a bit wierd. In fact the whole Lana arc seems a little odd to me, especially the convenient absence of Lois. It feels like a section from season 7...
                                ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Working...
                                X