Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We lost one of the more interesting people in this ep :/

Comment

To bad for Kawalsky... we did get to see him in one of the alternate reality episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        We lost one of the more interesting people in this ep :/
        In a particularly horrible way too,IMO !
        (OK,I admit it,I really didn't like the ending....even though it was a plot necessity.I just have a low "Squick" threshold ! )
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

They could have used another character to demonstrate the Goa'uld thing... It didn't have to be a good character like Kawalsky.

Comment

I just though how funny it would be if the Goa'uld took over the chevron guy.

Comment

Anyone else notice how.... excitable Hammond seems to be about, well, everything in this episode? Or annoyed. And Hammond also seems really cold and lacking in the basic compassion he shows later in the series.

Comment

Well yea. Thats because the SGC at this point in time was a major goof. It costs millions of dollars to run and they could only establish a wormhole for instantious galactic travel to one planet.

They then place Hammond, a most likely decorated general, in this position of baby sitter, and now a whole slew of choas is insueing.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I guess it feels to me like the entire episode is painful to watch, and it's supposed to be one of the better ones in the first half of season 1. Makes you really think about what people say about Atlantis...

Comment

:| crap, im so glad they killed him off.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Poor Kawalksi! He was cool!

What was good:

a. Plot line. They needed to show just how evil the goa'uld are--and I suppose that they couldn't go too long before killing off someone cool. (Sorry. "Heroes" still rankles.)

b. I know there was an awful lot that was done well, but to be honest, it's been a while since I've seen this one. What tends to stand out most in my mind is what I didn't like. I'm really not this negative, at least not most of the time.

What wasn't good:

a. Kawalksi. I liked him!

b. Why'd Warner do the procedure instead of Janet? My Da swears that she's one of the nurses in the OR--but I can't tell.

c. How'd they only get a husk, anyway? Was there part that remained behind that they simply didn't catch, or had the goa'uld actually integrated itself into Kawalksi's nervous system? If it's the latter, it rather throws a damper on later eps where they've successfully removed a goa'uld. It'd be a bit of bad thing of they found out that everyone they thought they'd successfully un-goa'ulded still had a snake in their heads and no one knew it.

Overall, a fine ep. Not one of my favorites, but not the worst either.

Comment

Someone gave me a bad rep because of my earlier post, saying why I still watch the show if I find it crap, I don’t, I like Stargate itself, and enjoy most episodes, but in the earlier seasons there were quite a few bad episodes (but i like stargate because i became a fan during season 4, which was one of the best seasons), and characters which I found very boring and I am glad they killed them of, I’m entitled to my opinion aren’t I?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I think that part of the problem with this episode is that in order to use the Kowalsky (sp?) character, the PTB had to agree to kill him off. (I'm sure I read something about it, somewhere). And as this was also only the second episode, the plots and characters hadn't really been properly developed.

It's very difficult for a new show to hit the ground running, and so many fail to even start walking, Space, Above and Beyond, for example. I have to admit that I didn't start watching SG-1 until the second series, I'd tried a couple of the first series, and didn't really get the point.

So the early episodes wern't the greatest. They needed a little more development and a bit more filling out, but I wouldn't call them cr@p. Just a learning process.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the way Jack tried to get Teal'c on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              Anyone else notice how.... excitable Hammond seems to be about, well, everything in this episode? Or annoyed. And Hammond also seems really cold and lacking in the basic compassion he shows later in the series.
                              yeah I noticed that too yesterdaay when I saw it again.I bought the boxset of season 1
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Pretty intense storyline for the second episode of the series.

Too bad they killed off Kawalsky. I enjoyed the Jack/Kawalsky banter.

Comment

Working...
                                X