The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
    This episode, wasn't fantastic, but then again it wasn't awful. Pretty average. But when you take into account that it was only the second episode, and things were only just getting started,and characters were only just being introduced, it becomes understandable

You also have to consider that Children of the Gods must have taken a lot of money out of the budget..........so to save money they did an on world episode

Comment

Good jack and teal'c moments

feel real bad to Kawalsky i really liked him along with a lot of other fans

solid episode it helped set up the gou'lud
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think they writers ended the whole Kawalsky / Go'auld subplot way too early ebcause it would have been intresting in latter episodes to have seen what might have happened (Imagine Within The Serpent's Grasp For Instance).

Otherwise, pretty much run-of-the-mill as far as the series is concerned.

timdalton007

Comment

I think Kawalsky really provided the motivation and the hatred Jack felt for the Goa'uld. While Sha're and Skaara's plights were worth an attempt at rescue, there was still hope for them. The plot really needed to give Jack a strong breaking point to fuel his later aggressive battle against the Goa'uld. Having this episode second allowed the remaining seasons to become more plausible.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

i disagree with what ppl have said about the Kawalsky character. IMO he would have been a great leader who would help sg1 out whenever they got in trouble.

Comment

i like this ep but i think Kawalsky should have had a bigger role in the season.
              ~ charmed slayer ~

Comment

Originally posted by Hira
                i like this ep but i think Kawalsky should have had a bigger role in the season.
                Agreed, coulda done with seeing more of Kawalsky before they killed him off
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Ya very strange, but he is in a couple other missions.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a great ep but a bit bummed that they killed off Kawalsky before we really got to know a bit more about him, especially since the character was in it from the movie. I heard that AT got hurt in the filming of this ep when she was thrown against the elevator wall - she dislocated her shoulder. Makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes. So there you go....a pretty good ep but not one of my favorites.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

The scene when teal'c went in to talk to kawalsky was so stupid. I wish teal'c would have been able to see that coming. (you think he would have)
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah anyway i thought he could detect the presence of a gouald so he should of been able to sence it ah well what is done is done

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
                          yeah anyway i thought he could detect the presence of a gouald so he should of been able to séance it ah well what is done is done
                          Teal'c senses naquadah not the presence of a Gou'ald. Just because Teal'c could sense that kawalsky still had Naquadah in him didn't mean that kawalsky was still a Gou'ald. Therefore Teal'c wouldn't know if Kawalsky was a Gou'ald.
                          sigpic

Comment

Also, most of the body of the Goa'uld had already been removed. While some naquada remained in the host's body, the highest concentration is probably within the symbiote itself.

Another important point to remember is that Teal'c hadn't developed the ability to sense naquada yet. He obviously couldn't sense that Kalwalsky was a Goa'uld at the beginning of the episode, why would he at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              Also, most of the body of the Goa'uld had already been removed. While some naquada remained in the host's body, the highest concentration is probably within the symbiote itself.

Another important point to remember is that Teal'c hadn't developed the ability to sense naquada yet. He obviously couldn't sense that Kalwalsky was a Goa'uld at the beginning of the episode, why would he at the end?
                              ROTFLMAO

Sorry but jaffa are born with that ability as our gou'ald hosts or former gou'ald hosts. Teal'c had the ability the entire episode they just played it out like teal'c hadn't been close enough to sense it. Im sure he would have to be within a 10-15 foot radius of the prospect, perhaps teal'c was never that close.
                              sigpic

Comment

Actually, the Jaffa's ability to sense Goa'uld didn't appear until later in the series. Teal'c and Kawalsky did stand near each other several times, at the end of Children of the Gods on the top of the ramp, for example. Even in season 2, In the Line of Duty, Teal'c did not sense Sam's Goa'uld, although they were in the same room during the briefing.

Comment

Working...
                                X