The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    I'll take the easy one, you lot can do the others.
    Considering how few tried the Solitudes one, I doubt I'll have many takers for the hard one.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I should try the Solitudes one again when I have time.

Comment

Hammond is very lively, perhaps it is a clever rouse or backstory for hammonds time travel... or perhaps he is a tokra/gouuld?! maybe one found him somehow similar to osiris or a rogue gouuld/tokra escaped to earth via teltak or stargate when no one was looking stealthily to help guard earth against the gouuld and make sure they made the right choices with the stargate etc

Comment

Shooting error :
          Teal'c Jaffa symbol is upside down.
          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x02/09.jpg
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Puzzle: 3:53
            Quiz: 13/15

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Shooting error :
              A classic continuity error.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Puzzle: 3:53
              Quiz: 13/15
              *thumbs up*

Comment

The first Stargate SG-1 episode I ever saw.

Kawalsky was a fun character, but I think that they needed to lose somebody to the Goa'uld early on, to show just how high the stakes were. They also dealt really well with the horror of implantation by a Goa'uld. I love the way Hammond stood up for Kawalsky. He seemed more like the Hammond I know and love in this episode than he did in Children of the Gods.

On the subject of Goa'uld implantation, it strikes me that the surgery to remove the one from Kawalsky would probably have been successful later in the series. The implication in this episode appears to be that the Goa'uld no longer needs its body once it has merged with the hosts, while it would later be established that it is possible to remove a symbiote from a host, and that the symbiote's body remains intact.

I like the hope spot at the end when Sam points out to Daniel that, for the Goa'uld in Kawalsky to have known the codes, something of the host must survive.

Is it true that Amanda Tapping was injured for real while filming this episode?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Shooting error :
                  I never even noticed. I admire your eye for detail.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    Is it true that Amanda Tapping was injured for real while filming this episode?
                    Yes, when Kawalsky slams Carter against the back of the elevator, Amanda really did slam the back of her head into the wall which resulted in a tiny concussion.

Comment

Two more "errors" in this episode:

1. When they make the surgery, there is a clock in the background. The time is changing back and forth on it (started from 00:00:00 then 1:19:51 then 00:23:48). It is not even visible in most of the scenes as the doctors cover it, but it happened once that it has been shown or more than a 1 sec, while the counter hasn't changed at all.
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x02/12.jpg
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x02/13.jpg
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x02/14.jpg
                      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x02/16.jpg

2. As I said I won't post dialing errors, but while the Goa'uld Kawalsky wants to dial Chulak, they use the glyphs of Abydos. The sound and light effects are also mixed, because as he is typing on the keyboard they play the activation effect, while no chevrons are coded, but as soon as he goes down even the wormhole is opened. No blue lights behind the gate either.

3. He could activate the self-destruct alone, while it needs two officers. This one can be explained, that maybe they changed the protocoll after this event.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        ...which resulted in a tiny concussion.
                        There is no such thing as a tiny concussions. All concussions are serious brain injuries. I know you put the emoji in, but I wanted to point this out.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          There is no such thing as a tiny concussions. All concussions are serious brain injuries. I know you put the emoji in, but I wanted to point this out.
                          I know from experience there's nothing tiny about a concussion -- courtesy of a horse named Cupid (no less -- no love lost with him).

** I did forgive the horse. Wasn't his fault he got spooked by the melting snow sliding down the roof of the stables.

Comment

I heard that the writers tried to get the actor that played Kawasaky in the movie for a whole season and he declined so they changed the story to just a few episodes and he still declined. I guess they never changed it back once they found a new actor for Kawalsky. Does anyone have a reference for this? I’d be really curious what the original script was before they changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by skysmurf View Post
                              I heard that the writers tried to get the actor that played Kawasaky in the movie for a whole season and he declined so they changed the story to just a few episodes and he still declined. I guess they never changed it back once they found a new actor for Kawalsky. Does anyone have a reference for this? I’d be really curious what the original script was before they changed it.
                              I did a google search and found a blog post by Geekbat (2010) who mentions John Diehl and his refusal to reprise his role as Kawalsky in Stargate SG-1. He/she references a book called Dialing Up: The Official Guide to Season 1-5 (available on Amazon -- though not cheap).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I did a google search and found a blog post by Geekbat (2010) who mentions John Diehl and his refusal to reprise his role as Kawalsky in Stargate SG-1. He/she references a book called Dialing Up: The Official Guide to Season 1-5 (available on Amazon -- though not cheap).
                                That's great to know, I may have to check out the book at some point - thanks for the reference!

Comment

Working...
                                X