• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Enemy Within (102)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102

Major Kawalsky is possessed by a Goa'uld, and the S.G.C. must find a way to remove it without killing him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:51 PM.

Not a great ep IMO but it nicely established how dangerous the Goa'uld are.

Poor Kawalsky
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Wow bmc your commenting on like every episode, anyways, back to the topic, yah, i didn't think it wasnt good or bad, but i do agree, it did clearly show how evil they are
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

What can I say they looked so lonely with no comments and I fingured I'd try and start some... something

Besides, you should talk
        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          What can I say they looked so lonely with no comments and I fingured I'd try and start some... something

Besides, you should talk
          Hehe Maybe i shouldn't , but then i couldn't aggrivate people who don't agree with me But yah, i feel kind of bad for those episodes who don't get comments...

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            Not a great ep IMO but it nicely established how dangerous the Goa'uld are.

Poor Kawalsky
            I didn't see this ep until I got the first series on VHS. It made no sense to me, until I realised that the vids were numbered out of order! I kind of liked this ep, but I really wanted Kawalsky to be a regular character. Still, it was not to be.
            sigpic

Comment

I wasn't too 'interested' in watching Kawalsky every week, but i did think he would be in more than 3 episodes (although he was).

Comment

I liked Teal'c and Jack in this one,The story was sorta off somehow, and I personally didn't care for Kowalski, I couldn't say why. But Teal'c was cool, and the way they sliced off the back of Kowalski's head to kill the Goa'uld was good. I wonder how Jack knew that the Stargate would do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum
                  I liked Teal'c and Jack in this one,The story was sorta off somehow, and I personally didn't care for Kowalski, I couldn't say why. But Teal'c was cool, and the way they sliced off the back of Kowalski's head to kill the Goa'uld was good. I wonder how Jack knew that the Stargate would do that?
                  He didn't know it would do that and they were trying to cut off the back of his head.

They were just trying to prevent him from leaving so that they could continue to try to save him. However he was partial in the gate and from Jack's angle he probably couldn't tell that so he shut it down, killing Kawalsky.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Didn't Jack tell Teal'c to hold his head there though?

Comment

Okay I just went to look at the transcripts and this what they say about it:

O'NEILL
                      Teal'c! Hold him there!

TEAL'C pushes KAWALSKY'S head back into the event horizon.

O'NEILL
                      Shut it down! Now!
                      I always took that part of the scene to be an accident.

Although I suppose it makes sense when you consider Kawalsky asked to be killed if they couldn't get the goa'uld out. *shrugs* So I guess you were right.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Well, in Stargate O'Neill sees Anubis killed by the rings, so maybe he guessed that the gate would have a similar effect.
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

hey even if he didn't know it was still a good try....but i think it's just that JACK has a higher IQ then he pretends to have...and just scientifically guessed what would happen

Comment

This episode further illustrates how the Goa'uld take over hosts.

Comment

I liked The Enemy Within. It further illustrates how the Goa'uld operate, and how dangerous they really are. It also showed how, when given atough decision to make O'Neill can make it. His friend wanted death and Kowalski got it - I don't think it was by accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X