Someone To Watch Over Me (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wontgetfooledagain View Post
    Being artistic, Daniel was probably way more human than any of the other skinjobs created up to that point.

that and he probably got jealous of him as well

Comment

This episode had a few surprises for me:

1. Another slow-mover
      2. Sharon Agathon was still alive at the end.
      3. Cavil wants Hera?

Further proof that Kara's father was the original #7 Cylon model named "Daniel" came as no surprise however.

What does Cavil want? We know that Cavil wants to restore resurrection capability. He probably secretly accepted Ellen's explanation that ALL of the Final Five are needed to do that, so Cavil probably wants Hera just to use her as a lure to get the Final Five in his clutches and bring them back to the "Colony" where the original resurrection equipment still resides. This is likely the Cylon homeworld.

Additionally, Cavil seems to want to be mechanical again.

The Final Five head music (All Along The Watchtower) might be the key to unlocking or activating something, if only somebody can remember how to play the whole thing. Maybe Kara? Maybe Anders, if he gets his wits back?
      sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
        Additionally, Cavil seems to want to be mechanical again.
        He wants to be mechanical? Turn him into a music box with a dancing ballerina on top or a garage door opener.
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
          <snipped for size>

There is a certain level of irony here. Athena seduced Helo by posing as Boomer on Caprica during the first season. In a way, Athena co-opted a life that could have been Boomer’s. Boomer gets her pound of flesh in this episode, and it is not at all pretty. It’s actually one of the more disturbing moments in the entire series run. Boomer beats Athena to a pulp, essentially forces Athena to watch her sleep with Helo, and then steals Athena’s daughter.

What makes this so crushing is the realization that Boomer has been a victim for so long that her actions must seem justified in her own mind. Boomer’s attempted assassination of Adama was programmed into her (presumably by Cavil). She tried to atone for that mistake in the past, but it always went horribly wrong (particularly the New Caprica experiment, which was clearly undermined by Cavil in retrospect). Boomer ultimately has been used and abused by Cavil in more ways than one can count (including their “affair” on the baseship).

This doesn’t excuse Boomer in the slightest, but it does point to the notion that Boomer is still being used; she’s still not acting out of her own personal agency. Either that will never change, and Boomer will end up being a tragic figure, or the moment that she takes control of her life will be a critical point of the finale.

John Keegan
          Reprinted with permission
          Original source: c. Critical Myth, 2009
          All rights reserved
          Link: http://www.criticalmyth.com
          I found that part fascinating as well. My hubby was confused as to why Booner would go after Athena and I saw it as being "she is living my life", and boomer was angry.
          Excellent episode all around.

Comment

Yeah Boomer certainly seems to be a confused and resentful figure right now.

I don't think that she had any intention to force Athena to watch her make love with Helo. There was a definite hesitancy on her part when Helo entered the washroom and made his intentions clear.

At this point, I think she considered her options and decided that the best way to ensure that her plan would work was to maintain her cover and keep Helo in the dark about her true identity. However, she also likely saw it as a convenient way to add to Athena's torment.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but facing ten women scorned would likely be safer than facing Athena right now. Boomer's days are numbered if Athena has anything to do about it. One of them is just gonna have to die.
            Last edited by fwupow; 04 March 2009, 09:41 AM.
            sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

It was a slow episode, but it made me feel something in a way I haven't since the miniseries and season 1. It built up and was insanely powerful, and I'm damn glad it aired as a 90000% improvement over the dismal failure that was Deadlock. This really redeemed the show's direction for me, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. OK...we now know that Starbuck has some kind od connection to Earth.

2. Unlucky Chief!

More later
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                  It was a slow episode, but it made me feel something in a way I haven't since the miniseries and season 1. It built up and was insanely powerful, and I'm damn glad it aired as a 90000% improvement over the dismal failure that was Deadlock. This really redeemed the show's direction for me, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.
                  Agreed. This episode was - for me - up there with the amazing, tense, deep episodes of S1 and S2. It might not be up there with the likes of 33 or The Captain's Hand (two of my favs) but it's still a very well made episode and really begins to tie up some things, leaving us ready for the finale.
                  Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I think Starbuck is 'God'. But then, I've always thought Saul Tighe was her Dad. Who knows?

I also think the President became a cylon when Hera's blood was transfused into her. That's why she sees visions.

Poor Galactica. What a sad end for such a good ship. Will it burst apart before they find a planet/ship big enough for everybody? Or will Six and the Chief save it?

I had a wild thought a couple of days ago ....... what if the Galactica time-travelled sometime during one of the jumps. I really hope the writers don't do that as that will be way too 'cliche'. Although, it would solve a lot of the time confusion. As somebody else said, I do hope they get to the 'it has happened before, it will happen again' theme. Ack! Or even worse. Everybody wakes up from a dream (kind of like Matrix). Oy.
                    Last edited by hisg1fans; 06 March 2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix Commander View Post
                      It would appear to me that Boomer taking Hera was part of a higher plan that Boomer may not realise yet, because i think Hera has a bigger part to play in the final episodes then anyone realises. RDM tends to give hints about almost forgotten characters then runs with them for a few weeks after bringing them back into focus. By sparking our memories of Hera i feel she may be a big part of the last few eps.

As for the dying leader, im pretty confident its not the Goolactica. I have a theory that may be left field for most people but does anyone think it might actually be Starbuck? Based mainly on two things - the its all happened before and will again - she has died once before by the look of things and may have ressurrected and the fact that she led them to earth may fit with a bit of a leap of faith! lol

Just a few thoughts...

Interesting idea. I've not thought of her as the leader, but at this point I don't know what to expect from RDM et al. They continue to surprise me. I have expected it to be Roslin (obvious), Adama (not obvious at first, but he's been looking pretty rocky lately), and finally Lee (when he took over for Roslin I fully expected him to be shot).

Comment

Another talker, wasn't impressed with this episode, especially so close to the end of the serise, I think the talking should be done with and get on with some action.

The only real thing I took from this episode was that the poor Galactica is on her last legs, and about to fall to bits. I wonder if she will make it?
                        I got nothing!

Comment

to go
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Ha, totally called Kara playing the Cylon tune.

I was going "play the song, play the song, play the song" as she started, and BAM! There it was. Very cool scene, that one.
                            indeed it was

All along the thrace tower was awesome.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                            X