• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadlock (416)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR
    DEADLOCK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 416

The final Cylon returns to the fleet and is reunited with her loved ones, but her presence wreaks havoc between them. Baltar discovers that someone else has taken over leadership of his followers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:37 PM.

Well that was a slow episode, after last week and all the revelations, I thought we'd get more answers with Ellen coming to the fleet. I thought it was pretty funny scene when Ellen was sitting in the chair and Adama and Roslen were just staring at her. Wondering where the hard drinking, hard fraking Ellen Tigh went to.

Surprised that the killed off the pure Cylon baby but goes back to the theme that the human's and cylon have to combine and live together to survive. And makes Hera much more important again.

Why do the Cylon's always want to run?

Comment

Poor Six and Saul.

And Galactica for that matter.

Ellen is a crap disturber. She ruins everything. I thought after seeing her in No Exit that she would have matured having gained her memories back. Turns out she's just as naive and selfish as ever.

Tory too.

And what was with Chief? He seemed to be coming back to the fleet, yet wanted to jump away?

Comment

FIX! I must have my fix! Give me all the details....please

::sobbing on the floor::

(Or send me money for cable...)
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
          FIX! I must have my fix! Give me all the details....please

::sobbing on the floor::

(Or send me money for cable...)
          - Galactica has the Cylon tech added to her now, the organic material has begun to heal the damage to Galactica's structure.
          - Ellen and Boomer are back in the fleet
          - Ellen raises crap, she is jealous that Tigh had a baby with Caprica. She tries to get the other Five to jump away with the Base Star and leave the fleet behind. They also want to take Caprica Six with them because of the baby.
          - Caprica and Tigh's baby dies after Caprica is in the middle of an argument amongst the Five. (Anders and Tigh don't want to leave the fleet, Tory, Ellen and Tyrol want to.
          - The Cylons have been posting pictures of every Cylon that has died since they joined the fleet on the wall with all of the pictures of the dead Colonials.
          - Tigh and Adama are good buddies again, getting smashed together and Adama helps out Tigh when he finds out his kid died.
          - Baltar is seeing Head Six again, and he starts handing out supplies that his group had stockpiled. She eventually convinces Baltar to seek guns after a group steals his supplies through force, Baltar goes to Adama and convinces him to give his group assault rifles.
          - Something happens to Anders at the end, his heartbeat changes at the end of the episode, gets faster. Might mean he's coming to.
          - Tyrol is all stressed out over Boomer, which according to the preview for next week will play a large part in that episode. Boomer is currently in the brig.
          Last edited by Finger13; 20 February 2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Really good episode tonight IMO. I feel really bad for Tigh and Caprica.

Next week should be amazing. I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left now. All will be revealed very soon.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great episode, the plot kept me on edge, praticularly Ellen/Caprica and Baltar's followers, though the episode in terms of pacing was very slow.

I noticed that Ron Moore showed multiple scenes of Adama supervising the repairs and lamenting over Galactica being a hybrid itself now. (Setting up the last scene where Adama and Roslin agree that a fusion of Cylon and Human cultures/circumstances has already happened.)

I was very sad to see Caprica's baby die, for awhile, I was worried that Ellen would do something to harm it. (which she did in a way by stressing out Caprica.) I hope to God that Tigh dumps ellen, the b**ch doesn't deserve anything after treating both of them the way she did.

From the jist of their conversation, I think baltar was trying to get Adama to supply his followers with weapons so he can defend galactica in the event of another rebellion, but I was left a bit "what exactly did they agree to?" in that scene.
              Last edited by Chev's Ron; 20 February 2009, 08:02 PM.
              Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
              -----------------------------------------------
              I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

I obviously haven't seen the episode, but the thought of Ellen getting upset at Tigh because he was doing some serious data exchanging with Six was uncool. How was he supposed to know that she would download and it had been 18 months?

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                  Great episode, the plot kept me on edge, praticularly Ellen/Caprica and Baltar's followers, though the episode in terms of pacing was very slow.

I noticed that Ron Moore showed multiple scenes of Adama supervising the repairs and lamenting over Galactica being a hybrid itself now. (Setting up the last scene where Adama and Roslin agree that a fusion of Cylon and Human cultures/circumstances has already happened.)

I was very sad to see Caprica's baby die, for awhile, I was worried that Ellen would do something to harm it. (which she did in a way by stressing out Caprica. I hope to God that Tigh dumps ellen, the b**ch doesn't deserve anything after treating both of them the way she did.

From the jist of their conversation, I think baltar was trying to get Adama to supply his followers with weapons so he can defend galactica in the event of another rebellion, but I was left a bit "what exactly did they agree to?" in that scene.
                  I think that he was given weapons so that he could supply Dogtown with supplies and care without the gangs controlling everything. Kind of like Vigilantes.

What I don't get is how they are considered reliable enough to be given assault rifles. They're always referred to as freaks and such, and now they're vigilantes?

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                    I obviously haven't seen the episode, but the thought of Ellen getting upset at Tigh because he was doing some serious data exchanging with Six was uncool. How was he supposed to know that she would download and it had been 18 months?
                    Ellen is vindictive and petty, always has been.

She started stressing Caprica out the moment she got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                      What I don't get is how they are considered reliable enough to be given assault rifles. They're always referred to as freaks and such, and now they're vigilantes?
                      There is a saying I learned while in the Coast Guard. If the US were to ever be successfully invaded, our last true hope would be the street gangs. Meaning, normal people consider gangs "Freaks, terrors, unruly, dangerous and illegal". However you try to take over there territory that is when you see them do everything and anything to take it back.

I feel that way about Baltars followers. They may be strange, freakish and perhaps a danger. But I think they will prove to be a great asset in the end.
                      Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                      End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                        Ellen is vindictive and petty, always has been.

She started stressing Caprica out the moment she got there.
                        I just thought a lot more of her after last week's episode. I was liking the whole idea that she was in reality this very practical down to Earth but near visionary in reality and that her whoring around with the entire fleet was the result of something that Cavil did to her personality as a really sick means of revenge.

Comment

I don't like Ellen at all anymore! The Cylons leaving will just doom themselves! Its nice finally seeing Baltar with a gun.

Comment

This episode had me scratching my head. Since "Sometimes a great notion" it has been packed with gritty, entertaining, aw inspiring material. And then we get to this episode. You go from mach 9 to screeching halt. Don't take this as I didn't like it. It is a part of the puzzle. But I felt with Ellen showing back up in Galactica it would have stirred the pot even more. But all it did was slow it down.

It was weird seeing Iron Clad Bill Adama distraught over how fragile Galactica was and that he needed to get help from the Cylons to fix her. I don't know what was more painful, Galactica falling apart or him needing to ask the Cylons for help.

What pissed me off was that the Final 5 were ready to cut and run. I do have to agree with the question. Why do Cylons always want to run.....

This episode was good, but it wasn't great like the previous 5 episodes.
                            Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                            End of line.

Comment

12 Cylon models doesn't sound like enough genetic diversity to sustain a race. The purebred cylons might well have genetic diseases for being so closely related.

It's also not certain that cylon-cylon pairings will be fertile.

Seems to me that cylons need to stick with the fleet if they want to survive.

---

And Ellen is pretty petty. I expected this, but was still sad to see it. Nonetheless, it's understandable, or at least believable.

---

I wonder if President Rosslyn realizes that Caprica is the one that infiltrated the defense mainframe computers. Although I think she could warm up to cylons "in general," I don't think she could warm up to the exact person/personality who made it possible to nuke everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X