• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn and Face the Strange (322)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    TURN AND FACE THE STRANGE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 322

Noah Bennet grows suspicious that the body in his morgue is not Sylar's, while the real Sylar plans to torment him. Parkman uses his ability to target someone Danko cares about, and Hiro and Ando try to get Matt's temperamental baby to New York.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:13 PM.

This was a pretty good episode tonight. Finally, Noah is on the run like the rest of them, and we got to see a personal side to Danko. Also, as always, Hiro and Ando were great. Those two make me laugh so much.

By the look of it, next week's episode should be interesting.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What all happened in the first half? I didn't get home till 9:30.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

i was disapointed that scyler wasn't in it
        im so bored im dead

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cak20 View Post
          What show were you watching? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cak20 View Post
            Syler or Zachary Quinto?

Syler was in the episode.
            The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

TaFtS was ok. Once again the best part was the last scene. I think the people buried there are pre-Primatech.

I missed all the Mohinder stuff... I remember he found something his father had in storage but didn't catch what it was?

I'm assuming that Matt, Hiro and Ando are gonna meet up with the Petrelli gang now... hopefully Peter will get his abilities back - Which coincidentally means the baby will no longer be needed will he? (that would be a good thing as far as I'm concerned)
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

After the previous episode, I noted that the return of a strong and popular writer can have a synergistic effect on the rest of the writers' room, even if there are no other major changes. This episode seems to provide a counter-example. Instead of stepping up to the plate, the writers seemed to fall back into old habits.

Perhaps the worst was Matt Parkman's decision to strike back at Danko by attacking Danko's love interest Alena. The writers use Alena as an object to be used, and she is never given definition beyond her relationship with Danko. It seems to be an excuse for pushing Danko into an even more disturbing direction, thus undermining Matt's intentions completely, but that's beside the point.

The point is that the writers were already on thin ice. Daphne was killed to service Matt's character. This renders her character little more than fodder to drive Matt forward. Matt's subsequent decision only compounds the offense. Daphne and Alena became objects to be possessed, used, and avenged. I won't pretend to be the most consistent ally of feminism, but some things are too obvious and egregious to ignore.

It is likely to become a reason for Danko to step up his villainous game, which is unfortunate, because it's an external pressure. Since his introduction, Danko has been lacking a strong internal reason for pursuing his anti-metahuman crusade. Unlike Noah Bennett, who was rendered as a man with clear motivations during the first season, Danko is two-dimensional. That makes him less than compelling.

Noah's contest of wills with Sylar may have been designed to push him towards working directly with the heroes, but it also exposed all the ugly treatment that Sandra had to endure over the years. This was never much of a secret, of course, since her memory was erased on a regular basis. It's no wonder Sandra wants a divorce!

An inordinate amount of time was also spent on Hiro and Ando's travels with Baby Matt Parkman. Bringing Matt his son is clearly meant to stop him from falling further into the darkness, but that means that Hiro and Ando are once again used as comic relief. Hiro and Ando deserve a much better subplot than they've been given since the first season.

The bottom line is that this episode slipped back a bit from the progress they made in recent weeks, and this tempers my enthusiasm for the remainder of the season. It also confirms what fans should have realized from the get-go: Bryan Fuller was not the perfect savior of "Heroes", and no one writer is going to resolve all the issues in the writers' room.

Comment

Overall a good episode, not the strongest but good.

Personally I think it would of been more interesting if we saw Matt just shoot Danko girlfriend in cold blood out of pure revenge, just to see how dark his character is going.
                  Ando and Hiro, characters are just getting on my nerves at the moment, especially in this episode.
                  We saw a bit of Sylar in this episode not as much as I want but a bit, but again I think we needed just something a bit bolder from that scene.
                  Through how Danko going to explain where the body gone to, I want to see.
                  The best bit was the ending where we saw the mass grave, bound to be some sought of first generation. An a explanation of why Angela and her gang created Primatech. I am betting that they were killed by the government. The government somehow forgot about the whole incident and the existence of the heroes.
                  It is going to be interesting how much they are going to tie all the back stories together with the new secret government project storyline.
                  I am also wondering where Macca went.\

I am hoping this seasons end with them deciding to recreate primatech.

Comment

Heh, talk about a difference of opinion. I LOVED this episode. It was probably the best episode of this volume for me.

The plot finally started moving towards something, and we got some sweet character stuff with Noah Bennett (who is quickly becoming my favorite character). I liked Matt's story too, and I respect that he stayed who he is and didn't go through with it.

I had no idea who was, and who wasn't Sylar, so that kept me on the edge of my seat. It was heartbreaking watching Noah screw up over and over, even though he was right at the end. Also, I cheered when Hiro froze time just as Matt was being shot; I was so engrossed in the scene between Matt, Danko (who I now have sympathies for; I think they're doing a great job with his character), and Elena, that I had totally forgotten about Hiro.

Looking forward to next week's episode!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Heh, talk about a difference of opinion. I LOVED this episode. It was probably the best episode of this volume for me.
                      B-but... Cold Snap? No, I pretty much agree with you. I think these past couple of episodes have been particularly strong for the most part.

I disagree with whoever said that Bryan Fuller isn't turning the show around. I have seen an improvement in the writing and plotting of the show so far. Kudos to him.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Morning,
                        I agree i feel like it was a very strong episode. Still give Peter his powers back i also feel there making Sylar too strong specially with his shape shifting are they going to use this more and more so that the actor can go off and do other things i wonder. looking forward to next week though not seen any previews yet. Links welcome.

Matt

Comment

I thought it was a good episode, in terms of setting the stage for the final 3 episode of the season. I really dont like the Hiro/Ando & Baby Matt stuff story wise, but it did make me laugh a little. I can understand the Matt/Danko stuff but again it was a bit meh for me. The HRG and Sandra scene in her hotel room was great, with some geat acting from both actors. The final scene as someone has said was the most interesting, can't wait for the Angela centric episode next week!!

Originally posted by mrodwell View Post
                          Morning,
                          I agree i feel like it was a very strong episode. Still give Peter his powers back i also feel there making Sylar too strong specially with his shape shifting are they going to use this more and more so that the actor can go off and do other things i wonder. looking forward to next week though not seen any previews yet. Links welcome.

Matt
                          All previews, episode disscription etc are in the Vol 4 thread

Comment

Good episode, the only thing I didn´t like was the massive plot device in Mohinders dad just happening to have left stuff in storage that the landlord for some reason never mentioned to Mohinder before.

Syler is without a doubt loving his new ability and is using it to great effect, there is no doubt in my mind that he will at some point close in the future take out Danko and take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                              Good episode, the only thing I didn´t like was the massive plot device in Mohinders dad just happening to have left stuff in storage that the landlord for some reason never mentioned to Mohinder before.
                              i agree. i haven't liked mohinder for a while now, and this kind of felt like they just shoved him in there.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

All previews, episode disscription etc are in the Vol 4 thread
                              cool thanks, i've been wanting to see a preview, too

Originally posted by mrodwell View Post
                              Morning,

Matt
                              i agree; especially now that peter basically has none. to begin with they were the strongest characters, and now the villian is unstopable and the hero powerless= good drama! when peter has all his powers it didn't really make sense for him not to just kill sylar out right.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

The plot finally started moving towards something, and we got some sweet character stuff with Noah Bennett (who is quickly becoming my favorite character). I liked Matt's story too, and I respect that he stayed who he is and didn't go through with it.

I had no idea who was, and who wasn't Sylar, so that kept me on the edge of my seat. It was heartbreaking watching Noah screw up over and over, even though he was right at the end. Also, I cheered when Hiro froze time just as Matt was being shot; I was so engrossed in the scene between Matt, Danko (who I now have sympathies for; I think they're doing a great job with his character), and Elena, that I had totally forgotten about Hiro.

Looking forward to next week's episode!
                              i comepletely agree! i would put my own review up but that's basically it
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X