• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Snap (320)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    COLD SNAP
    EPISODE NUMBER - 320

After Rebel breaks Tracy out of Building 26, she considers leading Bennet to him in exchange for her freedom. Angela tries to avoid capture herself, while Hiro and Ando protect Matt Parkman's infant son. Matt is reunited with Daphne.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:11 PM.

Wow no ones posted yet!!

I enjoyed the episode. MICHA!! -tho as most had guessed that he was Rebel, i wish they didnt put the actors name at the start of the episode. nice to see hiro with some power again and ando actually using his. I wish Daphne didnt have to die, not so bothered when it comes to Tracy,
    Spoiler:
    since she'll be back and looks like Barbra will turn up some point (maybe) to

Comment

I love Bryan Fuller. This episode was fantastic. The scene in the parking lot with Tracey was epic, and the final scenes with Daphne were actually really emotional- not to mention the nice nod to Superman. And Hiro finally has one of his powers back.

Comment

I'm very glad Hiro is getting some power back, that took way to long. Still waiting on Peter though...

Upset Clair died. She was cool, and they have barely introduced any new characters this season so I feel like we have lost another among many we no longer see.

Micah is back - totally awesome!
        sigpic

Comment

It was def the best episode they've done in a while.
          I liked the way they handled Daphne.
          The baby stuff was silly but since they went there, can somebody get the kid to give Peter his powers back please?
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Yep I called Micah being rebel, shame everyone else did to .

The ice queen taking down the troops was good to see and epic. I love seeing the tears running down her eyes at the end. She really had change at the end. So the next of the triplex is Barbara I say bring her on. Hopefully they will do something different with her.

Sylar been busy and probably captured the puppet master bought him. Love the bow-tie

Hiro got his powers back but only when he holding the kid, that going to be pretty funny to see and only when the kid happy to, if he miserable no powers. Love they bought matt Parkman former wife back.

Only thing I thought was strange was that they did not release more of the prisoners while they had a chance to.

Enjoy the who liberty statue scene at the end to.
            The super man scene and the hospital scenes was brilliantly written and filmed. Tricked me into thinking it was real for a minute, well he got the seeing in the future power so why not flying to, perhaps I wanted to believe it real.

So ice queen an Daphne killed in a single episode, so how many do you think will be left for sylar to kill.
            Last edited by knowles2; 24 March 2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Yep I called Micah being rebel, shame everyone else did to .

The ice queen taking down the troops was good to see and epic. I love seeing the tears running down her eyes at the end. She really had change at the end. So the next of the triplex is Barbara I say bring her on. Hopefully they will do something different with her.

Sylar been busy and probably captured the puppet master bought him. Love the bow-tie

Hiro got his powers back but only when he holding the kid, that going to be pretty funny to see and only when the kid happy to, if he miserable no powers. Love they bought matt Parkman former wife back.

Only thing I thought was strange was that they did not release more of the prisoners while they had a chance to.

Enjoy the who liberty statue scene at the end to.
              The super man scene and the hospital scenes was brilliantly written and filmed. Tricked me into thinking it was real for a minute, well he got the seeing in the future power so why not flying to, perhaps I wanted to believe it real.

So Claire an Daphne killed in a single episode, so how many do you think will be left for sylar to kill.
              Claire didn't die...
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I don't even remember seeing Claire in the episode. Can't wait to see what Sylar does next episode, the beggining with Danko was pretty good. I like the episode, Tracy died. Kind of sad about Daphne though, she was a good character. Looks like mama Petrelli has a plan.
                http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

oops sorry for the mistake

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    I wouldn't welcome Barbara just yet. Tracy's power had to seriously mutate to turn herself into pure ice. I have a feeling she'll pull herself together again eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
                      I wouldn't welcome Barbara just yet. Tracy's power had to seriously mutate to turn herself into pure ice. I have a feeling she'll pull herself together again eventually.
                      I thought that when I saw the tear that she could turn back from ice to human again but then again that does sought of make her sacrifice less important.

Comment

I liked this episode very much. Reminded me of classic season 1 episodes. Way to go I say!

Comment

It's amazing what a powerful creative force can do for a writers' room. "Heroes" is often written by committee, with the credit going to whichever writer gives a script its final polish. The net effect is that an episode is based on a bullet-point list of gestalt ideas, and it comes down to the talent and inspiration of the writer to flesh that out into something worthwhile. Given what we’ve seen of the "inspiration" provided by Tim Kring and the previous showrunners and the endless repetition of plot elements, that room needed some new (or, in this case, old) blood.

I make this point because it seemed to me that this episode wasn't necessarily a dramatic move away from the storytelling conceits that were found in previous episodes. Obviously, it couldn't stray too far from what was established, but if one saw a summary of previous episodes and this episode side by side, it wouldn't look all that different. What was different, however, was the evolution from the breaking of the story to the final version. The tone was substantially different, and I believe that is what many fans have noticed and continue to laud.

For example, Daphne's death seems to be rather pointless, given the fact that the audience was already led to believe that Daphne was dead once and she actually dies of her earlier wound in this episode. The end effect (driving Parkman towards revenge) was already in place. Letting her live only serves the purpose of giving Matt and Daphne a moment of closure that was previously missing, thus exploring an aspect of Matt's power that hasn't been seen recently.

There's also the baby plot with Hiro and Ando. Now, using this plot to explore Hiro's psychological reaction to everything that happened in Volume Three was a nice touch, because they usually don't bother with that enough. But having Matt's baby somehow restore part of Hiro's ability? That's a real stretch.

Finally, there's the latest example of a character "dying" out of some semblance of sacrifice, despite the fact that she's obviously not dead. Tracy's trick of freezing herself and fooling Danko into thinking that he can shatter her to death was clever enough, but how many times has a character seemingly died, only to come back? (See Daphne's recent arc.) This happens all the time on "Heroes".

Normally these things would be irritating. In this case, they were given more depth by just the right spin on the material. There was a much better emphasis on the characters and how these situations were affecting them on a personal level. Daphne's fate was secondary to how Matt reacted to the knowledge of it, and how he ultimately helped her have one last magical moment. Hiro's interaction with the baby was mostly about his own sublimated emotions. Tracy's ruse was well-done, and her reasons were tied to her regret for betraying Micah.

Add to that the exploration of Angela's attempts to escape Danko's forces (which was focused mostly on her fear), and this was more devoted to motivations than the lion's share of the episodes this season. It's hard to know if this was Bryan Fuller's doing or if it was simply the synergistic effect of his return to the writers' room. But whatever it was, it was a huge step in the right direction.

Comment

great episode. it was totally obvious that micah was rebel, but it was still great. it was cool how tracy pulled some Iceman stuff by freezing and shattering herself.
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Really good episode last night. This Volume is really wowing me thus far. I hope these kind of episodes keep on coming.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X