• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shades of Gray (319)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    SHADES OF GRAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 319

Danko and Nathan set themselves against each other, with Danko trying to prove that the Senator has an ability. Sylar finally comes face-to-face with his real father. Puppetmaster Doyle turns up at the Bennet house asking Claire for help.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:10 PM.

Why didn't Syler kill his Dad and take his powers? I know he wanted to let him suffer, but his Dad could have 5-25 powers and Syler could have taken them all. Is he still interested in new powers? I loved how he fooled his Dad into thinking he had him beat!

I'm ready for Hiro to get his powers back and for Peter to do the same!

I really thought HRG or Nathan would kill that guy by pushing him out the window.
    sigpic

Comment

Sylar's dad trying to kill him to take his powers and Danko pushing Nathan out the window were both too predictable.

Liked the little set-up at the end though. Figures it would take Sylar to do what has to be done.
      Last edited by Shan Bruce Lee; 11 March 2009, 04:00 AM.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        Why didn't Syler kill his Dad and take his powers? I know he wanted to let him suffer, but his Dad could have 5-25 powers and Syler could have taken them all. Is he still interested in new powers? I loved how he fooled his Dad into thinking he had him beat!

I'm ready for Hiro to get his powers back and for Peter to do the same!

I really thought HRG or Nathan would kill that guy by pushing him out the window.
        His Dad taught Sylar one thing, is why take the small weasles out, why hunt down the defencless, their no point their no challenge, and a hunter with out a challenge, is a hunter who wasted his life.

Sylar knows what the challenge is now and is going to do what his dad was going to do after he obtain Sylar immortality, change the world, take over the government an give the Danko such a beaten its going to be hilarious.

Sylar going to capital city and its not going to be a pretty sight when he get their.

Peter, Nathan and the rest of super power gang saves the presidency and given amisticy in return for helping them out. They also agree to help with other threats out their and to keep their power hidden from the public.

I like the puppet master scene with Barbie , we all no he as not change at all, and player Claire perfectly, even giving her a hint at the end that he did. Love it.
        Nathan story turns predictable. Through I want to know why Danko is so insistence on hunting these guys down and I do not think if just because he afraid of them, I think, I hope their more their.
        Last edited by knowles2; 10 March 2009, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but I fail to see the point in the Sylar story. Sylar has changed motivations enough times that having a multi-episode arc to find Dad is really pointless. He'll be motivated for 3 episodes, then go off to do something else and forget everything about the trip to see Dad.

Comment

This was the first episode with Brian Fuller back. It has been better than the others.

Claire needs to die in the most horrific manner possible. She is a waste of screen time. But you got the idea why she is on the show from the comic book scene. The writers are geeks and relish the idea of a hot chick coming into their comic book store. I was half expecting Claire's mom to make the new social security card and other documents from a cereal box and some tape.

Sylar is his usual badass self. I could watch an hour of him each week just running around killing people. I am kind of hoping since Sylar told his father he got his regen ability from a cheerleader in California that Sylar's father pays old Claire a visit. Does what ever he does to take powers, guts and then stuffs Claire like they did to that rabbit.

Did I mention I hate Claire?

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
              This was the first episode with Brian Fuller back. It has been better than the others.

Claire needs to die in the most horrific manner possible. She is a waste of screen time. But you got the idea why she is on the show from the comic book scene. The writers are geeks and relish the idea of a hot chick coming into their comic book store. I was half expecting Claire's mom to make the new social security card and other documents from a cereal box and some tape.

Sylar is his usual badass self. I could watch an hour of him each week just running around killing people. I am kind of hoping since Sylar told his father he got his regen ability from a cheerleader in California that Sylar's father pays old Claire a visit. Does what ever he does to take powers, guts and then stuffs Claire like they did to that rabbit.

Did I mention I hate Claire?
              Haha, she really to good looking to do that to her. Your are right through the comic book scene was design just to meet their geeks needs and can you blame them. Through I hope she doing her homework.

Comment

awesome episode, heroes has been laking latley but this weeks really delivered felt almost season 1 like quality

8/10
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

This is the first episode after Brian Fuller came back and while i don´t know if his influence is so strong on the series it still felt like this was the first episode in a long time that didn´t irritate me. Claire was actually tolerable which I never would have believed possible a few episodes ago.

I hope the series keeps improving and that this season will turn out ok.

Syler seems to be back in form, I hope he will take on the government full force even though in doing so he will most likely vindicate Danko and turn all norms against the "heroes".

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                    Syler seems to be back in form, I hope he will take on the government full force even though in doing so he will most likely vindicate Danko and turn all norms against the "heroes".
                    Absolutely agree... but I don't think he cares.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

When Bryan Fuller returned to the "Heroes" fold, he was bluntly honest about the state of the fourth volume. He said that the first few episodes would be a strong start, but that things would fall apart and get pretty bad by episodes 18-19 of the season. That kind of honesty could be interpreted as simple arrogance and narcissism, but I can't help but see his point.

Oddly enough, I'm usually one to root for the underdog. If I start watching a random football or baseball game with little or no personal investment in a given team, I'm the one who starts cheering for the losing team. Someone says a film or book sucks? I look for the silver lining. Which is the roundabout way of saying that I still have hope that "Heroes" can pull out of the tailspin they've found themselves in for the past couple seasons, and I see the potential within the story that has yet to be managed particularly well.

The episode doesn't get off to a good start. Previously, Danko had set Matt up as a "terrorist", complete with a bomb strapped on his chest, to give the public and his superiors evidence of a threat worthy of serious human rights violations. For this to work, Danko's involvement shouldn't be obvious or easy to determine. Unfortunately, somehow, everyone is quickly convinced that Danko set Matt up, and Danko doesn't even try to deny it. This renders the entire situation moot, revealing it to be little more than an attempt at shock tactics.

But it does serve to bring the conflict between Danko and Nathan to a head, effectively paying off their little power struggle. There was never any doubt that Danko would take full control over the operation, and that his more extreme policies would take effect almost immediately. Nathan was a fool to ever expect that he could keep Danko under control, and sure enough, now Nathan is in the crosshairs. (The outright thick-headed stupidity of the Petrelli family is staggering to behold.)

Much like Matt's subplot early in this episode, Claire's subplot seems a bit pointless. If the writers were going to have her stay in Costa Verde for a while, working for Rebel and the burgeoning metahuman underground, it would make sense for her to take a new job and establish herself. But as it stands, the situation is mostly notable for tossing her into a comic shop job where she can be the object of attraction. Oh, and so she can prove to be as clueless as her father and uncle when it comes to taking people at their word.

The highlight of the episode is, as usual, the Sylar subplot. Even that, of course, has its flaws, but the darker side that Sylar represents is a lot more interesting. I loved John Glover during his tenure on "Smallville", and he brings some familiar amoral depth to the role of Samson Gray. If Samson hadn't been weakened by time and disease, I doubt Sylar would have been able to beat him so easily. But it does seem to have given Sylar the closure he needed to move on, and it should be interesting to see what he does with Danko. I suspect he will convince Danko, one way or another, to make him an operative, serving both their interests (since Danko's team was unable to stop Sylar in the past).

It's far better to contemplate Sylar's ongoing shifts in character motivation than, say, the logic behind tossing Hiro and Ando into a baby plot. That turn of events was beyond random, and perhaps typifies the underlying problems with the episode (and the volume thus far). While the central conflict could certainly be compelling, the writers appear to be struggling with the task of giving so many characters something to do. Even so, I'm holding out to see if the revised writing staff can turn things around.

Comment

I didn't like this episode very much, Sylar seems to becoming less and less a bad guy as the series goes on.

Comment

1. Doyle, meh.

2. Nathan vs Danko. Tasty but Noah had a point in that Nathan was moving too fast.

3. Sylar vs Gray senior. I liked this one. both of them fracked in the head.

4. Sylar's motivations...I'm really not fussed on these, the writers have thrown about the black and white hats a load of time. I'll root for him Danko, other that that, we'll see.

5. I presume Hiro's got his time travel abilities back somehow.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            Maybe he saw how sorry daddy looked and felt "you have caused me years of pain, now YOU suffer, i won't be your quick out"..
                            BUT I too liked how he fooled dad, and his line "you would think someone in your profession would be better able to tell when someone is playing possum"..

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            I like the puppet master scene with Barbie , we all no he as not change at all, and player Claire perfectly, even giving her a hint at the end that he did. Love it.
                            Nathan story turns predictable. Through I want to know why Danko is so insistence on hunting these guys down and I do not think if just because he afraid of them, I think, I hope their more their.
                            Part of me was glad claire initially turned him down, but went to his aid later, another part felt she should have turned him IN after what he did to her mothers and herself..

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                            We can hope but it seems to me more that he is going to play danko into getting more metas for him to 'copy powers from' making him more and more unstoppable..

Comment

Working...
                            X