Exposed (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevelion View Post
    Hmmm....I want to go to the nursing school Peter went to. Not only medical skills but also weapons training (firing an AK47), and computer hacking to level of blocking out presumably pretty good government agents. Where do I sign up?
    I think Rebel was the one that was keeping the agents of peter back while he search for the stuff he needed.

As to Weapon it America have not everyone fired a gun at some point, is not exactly hard and the Ak47 are known for their ease of use.

Comment

For most of the episode, this was little more than a transitional installment, moving the plot forward incrementally. The final act ramped up the tension a bit and pointed to a more exciting direction for the next episode, which certainly helps, but even that seemed to do little to redeem this hour.

The writers aren't being particularly subtle in their treatment of Danko and his steady takeover of Nathan's little program. His troubling background was covered back in "A Clear and Present Danger", so he's just falling in line with his established characterization. He was always going to be a serious threat to the metahumans, and that threat is certainly growing. His decision to use Matt to prove his point is just an evolution of the tactic he used with Tracy.

All of which continues to demonstrate just how much of an idiot Nathan really is. It's bad enough that he thought a government program, however "black ops" it might be, would somehow be the best way to handle the potential threat posed by metahumans. He failed to see how containment could easily become elimination, especially when bringing in someone with a clear reputation for overkill. Add to that his inability to see why Peter and the rest of his "friends" among the metahumans would want to resist death or imprisonment, and he's living in a very special fantasy world.

It would help tremendously if the "heroes" had an effective leader. Once again, Peter drops the ball in that regard. First, he and Matt lose Mohinder (who is oddly ignored by all sides in this episode). Then, in the process of trying to find Daphne for Matt, Peter manages to let Matt get captured. After negotiating an exchange of stolen information for Matt and Daphne, he walks into one of the most obvious traps ever devised.

This may be overstated a bit, but the “villains” always seem to have a leader, while the “heroes” always seem to fumble and distrust one another. Because of the nature of the series thus far, this is mostly a delaying tactic. The writers know that the heroes, if working together logically, could easily overcome the threats leveled against them. (For that matter, they've had how many chances to incapacitate or kill Danko so far?)

The irony is that "Rebel" (increasingly likely to be Micah, based on the skills on display) has the potential to be that kind of leader. He's certainly guiding the aborning resistance movement well enough, if Claire's subplot is any indication. Alex may say Claire isn't some stop on the Metahuman Underground Railroad, but isn't that exactly what she and Sandra are being asked to create? (That doesn't make her "romance" with Alex any less cloying.)

Sylar's road trip with Luke takes an interesting turn, to say the least. So Sylar's father killed his real mother, and sold him off to his brother? The flashback was a bit goofy at times, and it seems rather convenient that the road trip would just happen to take them past this particular restaurant. It also feels like the writers brought along Luke so they would have someone to talk with Sylar and give the scenes a little more heft. I'm not entirely sold on the notion that Sylar had to keep him alive (despite the hints that the two are related, which has yet to come up directly).

The next episode promises to be a bit more lively, given Sylar's more violent direction and Matt's predicament. The process of getting there, however, was a bit drawn out and tedious. It also doesn't help when the writers assume that the audience is following all the online content. They featured Rachel, one of the government agents watching Claire, as if she was a well-established character, when most of her screen time has been devoted to webisodes. It was incidental in this case, but this isn't the first time the writers have made this mistake.

Comment

I think this is where heroes is being adventurous and experimental in trying to merge the ARG they renamed it an interactive story but it the same thing through, the comics and webisodes into a single joined up entertainment experience.

However I do think that they need to advertise all parts of the experience a lot better than they have done. If it was not for the online communities like this one I would not have a clue that these other parts of the universe existed.
        Last edited by knowles2; 05 March 2009, 03:38 AM.

Comment

I don't think the agent was overused, it showed a little bit of talk between the two though the second one could've gotten more screentime to even it out, I haven't read the webisodes yet.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone thought that when they (hunter & crew) thought they had Peter cornered but instead saw Peter jump over the wall and fly away. Do think he could have using Matt's power to make them think he flew away. After all he had to touch Nathan again to fly off in the end.

Comment

Peter and Claire are still related right? Anyone else find that a bit disturbing?
              When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                Peter and Claire are still related right? Anyone else find that a bit disturbing?
                Why? Did I miss something?
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Why are so many of you thinking that Peter flew away after he was shot? It was Nathan that came to his rescue. Did you not see the following scene where Peter, Nathan, and Angela? Peter at that point takes Nathan's flying power back and takes off.

On a different note, I think Sylar and Luke are brothers.

Comment

I thought when I was in the middle of watching it that Peter had suddenly regained the ability to retain more than one ability and subsequently let out a groan thinking they had pulled a deus ex machina.

However, the next scene did indeed show that it was Nathan that saved Peter so I agree that it is perplexing that a few people missed that bit.

Comment

1. Whoever Rebel is...Angela's running them.

2. I think Nathan blew the whistle on his own op.

3. Not sure what Noah's next move is.

4. Oh Christ...that scummy thing.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                        Sylar is getting interesting.
                        That he is. It seems like dad and him share the 'hunger' and scalping issue.. Or so it seemed from that flashback/dream he had of dad killing his mom..

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                        Claire's scenes were only tolerable because they have finally developed her mom. In all honesty they should have had Claire die in the water. I really do not need to see her in another relationship.
                        True, she is still somewhat whiny but i like that she is actually WANTING to step up and be a hero..

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Same here, through I did have a feeling Clare mum was it for some reason. But Yeah Micah is the best candidate as they cannot seem to track the hacker.
                        Since in a lot of this season we have not seen lyle (claire's brother) i was starting to wonder if it might have been him.. BUT i am still hoping its Micha..

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        Yeah, but think about how fast the government can get those tapes.
                        Exactly. They would more than likely have already turned any cameras there off, before the drop off.

Originally posted by MasonC2K View Post
                        I will be thoroughly disappointed in Rebel is anyone other than Micah.

I really hope water boy is gone. At least he wasn't creepy like West the Flying Wonder Stalker.
                        I disagree. I would like to see fishboy again. And as for west, i still can't understand the hate for him..

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        I was wondering if anyone thought that when they (hunter & crew) thought they had Peter cornered but instead saw Peter jump over the wall and fly away. Do think he could have using Matt's power to make them think he flew away. After all he had to touch Nathan again to fly off in the end.
                        Possible. OR maybe he is starting to regain his S1-2 ability to take more than one power..
                        And you would think by now as soon as they see peter, agents would READY themselves to shoot to the sky...

Comment

Working...
                        X