• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Wars (317)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    COLD WARS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 317

Matt, Peter and Mohinder kidnap Noah Bennet and probe his mind to learn how the government project to round up people with abilities began, and who is really in charge.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:09 PM.

Wow, they are truly pathetic writers.... Peter would have lost the ability to fly as soon as he touched Parkman.

I hope Parkman dies soon. I despise that they made him a precog. Heroes' constant need to drop anvils as foreshadowing is a true example of their ineptitude as writers.

Can I now officially say that this show has jumped the shark?

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed tonight's episode very much. HRG is such a complex character. I love him and hate him at the same time.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Personally, I enjoyed tonight's episode very much. HRG is such a complex character. I love him and hate him at the same time.
        I like Noah but I don't like how the writers treated the other characters. I really don't know why I watch anymore since I spend most of the time just shaking my head and wondering how these people are paid to write such horrible dialog.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
          I like Noah but I don't like how the writers treated the other characters. I really don't know why I watch anymore since I spend most of the time just shaking my head and wondering how these people are paid to write such horrible dialog.
          Sorry to see you have a problem with the writing on the show. Overall, I think this Volume has been a big improvement over some of the previous ones. But, there are a few things I could nitpick on if I wanted to. Usually, like in tonight's episode, I can overlook them though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Sorry to see you have a problem with the writing on the show. Overall, I think this Volume has been a big improvement over some of the previous ones. But, there are a few things I could nitpick on if I wanted to. Usually, like in tonight's episode, I can overlook them though.
            Its just real simple things that get me. Like Peter flying away with Parkman at the end of the show. Peter has said that he can only use the ability of the person he has touched.

I felt the scenes with Parkman and Mohinder were 100% contrived or perhaps poorly acted. The dialog seemed stale and I didn't buy the premise that Matt needed HRG drugged. Matt is one of the most powerful metahumans around and I'm sure he could get Noah to spill the beans. And his escape was ah pretty lame. Maybe he really is a metahuman.

Comment

Its just real simple things that get me. Like Peter flying away with Parkman at the end of the show. Peter has said that he can only use the ability of the person he has touched.
              I think the reason Peter could fly is something we'll find out about later. I think if he holds on to an ability for long enough he keeps it. When Peter said he could only hold on to one power at a time he didn't say anything absolute, he said "for some reason"

I felt the scenes with Parkman and Mohinder were 100% contrived or perhaps poorly acted. The dialog seemed stale and I didn't buy the premise that Matt needed HRG drugged. Matt is one of the most powerful metahumans around and I'm sure he could get Noah to spill the beans. And his escape was ah pretty lame. Maybe he really is a metahuman.
              No he's not. I'm not sure where you got that idea from, but Parkman has probably struggled with his powers more than anybody else on the show.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

There is probably a little bit of will involved in Peter getting someones powere. I think he has to think about doing it, it doesnt just come on naturally.
                The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Or maybe Peter didn't touch Parkman, just his clothing.

But you're right. That would make sense and the writers don't make sense therefore the writers didn't intend for that therefore they're stupid and you should stop watching.

Comment

well, that 40 minutes blew by,, and didn't get much out of it.. not that it wasn't a good episide.. but the story didn't advance a whole bunch either.. glad Daphne is OK.
                    My Story:
                    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

i'm starting to lose patience with all this back and forth, is he good or bad? yadda, yadda

i feel like we're being strung out as 10 episodes worth of story is being made to fill 20 or something like that

make some plot progress please. cause right now i feel like i can miss an eps or two and not miss a single plot relevant point
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

"phasers on stun" lol --> the best thing in this episode

Comment

Well I actually enjoyed this episode.Yes it was a bit slow. Peter never once touch skin with Parkman, which is the only way we that peter absorbs new abilities now it seems and in the first season it was explained that he absorb the DNA of the person with other powers and incorporated it with his own.

I like the way they used parkman ability was use to explain how this whole thing was started and Bennett way of guiding them to the money weapon cache, yes I believe he wanted them to go their and pick up a few supplies, hope Peter pick up everything bennet wanted him to have.

Syid really should just started working with them the start through like Bennett planned him to from the begging.

I like the way Peter mum behind everything as usual and how she going to play Nathan and the hunter off each other and lead them to destroy their little operations. In the hope of crippling any future operations goverment
                          against people with powers, she going to have to get rid of her own son but I am sure she will not let that get in her way. They will still know they are out their just not where they are or who they are or how to capture them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            I think the reason Peter could fly is something we'll find out about later. I think if he holds on to an ability for long enough he keeps it. When Peter said he could only hold on to one power at a time he didn't say anything absolute, he said "for some reason"
                            I know this. One of the reasons why the writers of Heroes are subpar is that they rely on the "trust us" factor too much. They are unable to write a coherent plot yet I keep coming back in the hopes that they are able to overcome this shortcoming. Parkman probably outweighs Peter by 60-80 pounds. I really doubt that he could hold Parkman by the neck w/o touching Parkman's skin. Its highly unlikely and I believe it is yet again a major plot hole. The writers are saying "trust us."

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            No he's not. I'm not sure where you got that idea from, but Parkman has probably struggled with his powers more than anybody else on the show.
                            Parkman can enter the mind of at least one other person. He can create an illusion that will force that person to kill his compatriots, implant false memories, steal thoughts, and likely kill a person. Parkman's ability has "evolved" to include precog abilities. I personally think that this is a MAJOR stretch but again the Heroes writers are saying "trust us." Since his evolution I expect that he is capable of manipulating more than one mind at a time. The only other metahuman that can realistically over power him is Sylar. No other metahuman can overcome his ability to manipulate their minds.

Comment

I know this. One of the reasons why the writers of Heroes are subpar is that they rely on the "trust us" factor too much. They are unable to write a coherent plot yet I keep coming back in the hopes that they are able to overcome this shortcoming. Parkman probably outweighs Peter by 60-80 pounds. I really doubt that he could hold Parkman by the neck w/o touching Parkman's skin. Its highly unlikely and I believe it is yet again a major plot hole. The writers are saying "trust us."
                              You're not hearing what I said. I'm saying I think once Peter has held on to an ability for an extended period of time he keeps that ability. Permanently. So even if he absorbed Parkman's ability when he flew off with him he wouldn't drop him because he'd already retained the ability to fly indefinitely.

And the writers have never said "trust us"

Parkman can enter the mind of at least one other person. He can create an illusion that will force that person to kill his compatriots, implant false memories, steal thoughts, and likely kill a person. Parkman's ability has "evolved" to include precog abilities. I personally think that this is a MAJOR stretch but again the Heroes writers are saying "trust us." Since his evolution I expect that he is capable of manipulating more than one mind at a time. The only other metahuman that can realistically over power him is Sylar. No other metahuman can overcome his ability to manipulate their minds.
                              You didn't understand this either. Weather or not Parkman's ability is more "powerful" than anybody else's ability is debatable but irrelevant. Parkman's inability to control, understand his powers is what makes him weaker than some of the other heroes and keeps him from realizing his full potential.

There's no evidence to support the claim that nobody can realistically overcome his ability. HRG doesn't even have powers and Parkman made it clear in last night's episode that it would be more difficult to get inside his head. So it's clearly not a foregone conclusion.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                              X