No announcement yet.

Building 26 (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd all but given up on Heroes but I've just watched the last three episodes and it's starting to pick up in quality again, not as good as Lost or Fringe IMO but still worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
      nathan really is scum now and their whole reasoning that these peoples powers are dangerous so they just should be locked up is stupid, i mean the us constitution allows people to carry guns so whats the difference between carrying a gun and being able to freeze people, and do they explain going for people with passive abilities like the guy who can breathe underwater how is he dangerous
      Exactly!

I really hope that Nathan gets what he deserves for his naziesque actions. And by that I mean a slow and really painful death, preferably caused by people from his own organization.

Comment

Did anyone else find that Peter, Matt, and Suresh drugging Noah and carting him off was totally out of character for all of them? I can't help but feel that, with a few exceptions, they're trying to fit characters into roles where they don't belong.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I'd all but given up on Heroes but I've just watched the last three episodes and it's starting to pick up in quality again, not as good as Lost or Fringe IMO but still worth watching.
        Personally I'm leaning the other way. I enjoyed Season 2, and thought there were redeemable qualities in the first half of this season, but these last three episodes feel like a totally wild tangent. But yeah, Heroes is still worth watching... just.

Comment

Given that Hiro is a head of a multinational cooperation with private jets, countless bank accounts and well the head of this company for years who was helping to run clandesdine operations and channel funds into this operation I am sure their more than enough money in accounts the US government have not track down and frozen. Plus freezing personal accounts is a lot easier than freezing corporations accounts, which the media and other governments would surly start asking questions, questions the US would not be able to answer with out letting the big secret out of the bag. So simply put he took one of his private jets to India probably using force passengers names and made it look like a normal flight for a company of that size. He probably hired very expensive people to cover their tracks for him. Through the whole story seem a bit pointless.

Love how it Peter and gang have formed up and operating in an organisation now. Who bet that they going to become the new company, with Hiro financing it.

Look like Sylar is breaking one of his rules and becoming emotional involve with his objective. Like all great villains do really. Sylar a word of advice kill the kid before he kill you, all apprentices kill their masters, aint he watch starwars. I pretty sure even Sylar cannot heal microwaved brain goo.

I see Clare got a new boyfriend for this season, she seem to get through them fast.

Shame about HLS women, she does seem to have some moral issues and it a shame they went away so quickly. I hope she comes back to kick Nathan ars, I am sure parkman can help with that. Nice way identified Nathan Achilles hill through.

Have Nathan not learnt anything about their power, put people with abilities under duress and the abilities evolve and advance, grow in strength,. That why the company held them in fairly comfortable cells.

At the moment Tracy can freeze things, which is basically just absorbing the heat from them, sooner or later she going to simply absorb the heat from those lamps and overload them and I do not want to see what going happens to Nathan then. I do know through it will not look pretty from his point view.

It does seem as I guest last week that Bennett is not Rebel, so I am right. Unless he set up some kind of machine to send messages to Clare and respond to her to. Which means Micah is still in the running to be Rebel but so is a lot of other people. it also be interesting it was someone like Nathan mother doing it just to embarrass him or someone close to the hunter like his son or something. The fact that Clare under surveillance and unless these agents are stupid it got to be someone who can eliminate all traces of such communication, so it either someone in the office or Micah.
          Last edited by knowles2; 18 February 2009, 05:31 AM.

Comment

after the last two eps, i was really excited about this one. i gotta say, i was a little let down. none of the suspence of the other eps. the best part about it was the end. and i'm really starting to like this 'rebel' person
            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
            "what?"
            *throat punch*
            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Despite the jumpstart that the premiere provided, I'm not surprised that the story fell into a somewhat transitional mode so quickly. There were very few surprises in this episode, and the story didn't seem to flow very well from the previous installment. Perhaps that was the result of some of the changes taking place in the writing staff when these episodes were being prepared, but "Heroes" doesn't need any help lately when it comes to feeling disjointed.

Oddly enough, I liked some of the plot threads and how the writers chose to handle some of the natural issues that would emerge out of the newly federal witch hunt against the metahumans. Nathan's struggle to maintain control over his own program may not be original, but it does offer a few interesting ideas. Abby is essentially Nathan's chance to reconsider his decisions. If he wanted to, he could have let Abby be the one to shut the program down.

Instead, he made it very clear that he believes that the only means of ending the potential threat of metahumans is to keep all of them fully contained. (Well, all but the privileged few he selects.) Despite the bloodshed already on the books, he seems blind to the consequences. By sending men like Danko against those with abilities, he's giving metahumans a reason to go underground and form a resistance against the government itself. He's all but pushing them into the kind of extreme action that he's trying to prevent.

Danko's little gambit doesn't quite add up, even if it worked for the purposes of the plot. Tracy heard Abby's objections, and she's supposed to be a political expert. So, having seen Abby standing there by Nathan, why would she use her power at all? Why not call out for Abby to help her, claiming that she's being held for no reason? Her decision to kill someone with her ability completely undermines any opportunity to shut down the program and end the threat.

Less troubling is the "road trip" with Luke and Sylar. While it doesn’t make sense in purely logical terms, since Sylar could simply rip the information out of Luke's brain at any time, it does provide some insight into Sylar's self-delusional capabilities. Sylar talks about how one must have an objective in mind, and how emotions need to be kept out of one's actions, but his recent history doesn't match his stated philosophy. The implication is that he's not even sure why he's letting Luke live, or why he saved Luke in the process of "intelligence gathering".

Much less successful was the Bennett subplot. Never mind that Noah had to be incredibly stupid or naïve to fall for anything Claire did in this episode, let alone leave himself vulnerable in a public location. The real issue was Claire and the writers' decision to retread her teenage rebellion tendencies yet again, with yet another bland potential love interest. The "Rebel" storyline has some small potential, but right now, it seems more like a plot convenience than anything else.

The final subplot, involving Ando and Hiro, seems a bit out of place. For one thing, the basis for their adventure comes a bit out of nowhere; it took me a moment to realize that they were pursuing one of the drawings created by Matt in the previous episode. As much as the adventure reveals a bit of the tension between Hiro and Ando over their reversal of ability fortune, it fell a bit flat for me. Perhaps that has something to do with the overuse of the "precognitive drawings" motif over the course of the series.

I can only assume that this was all necessary to propel the story arc forward, however incrementally. Abby is now a true believer, which should prove both a blessing and a curse. Sylar is getting information he needs for his own resistance, and Peter's little gang now has their hands on Noah. As noted above, the Hiro/Ando thread doesn't seem to point to anything specific quite yet. In essence, there was nothing particularly shocking, but also nothing particularly notable.

Comment

Easily the best of Volume 4. I actually liked the relationship between Sylar and his little brother type. He sees himself in the boy and cant bring himself to hate. I see this kid breaking sylar down in the future.
                When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

1. Can't blame Tracy here, her power seems to operate on reflex. More annoyed that Abby folded so quick.

2. Hiro was an idiot here.

3. Don't have a problem with the stunts of Peter's crew(and it 'does' seem to be Peter's crew), desperate times call for desperate measures.

4. Nathan is skating on thin ice. End the program while you still can.

5. Still not sure who Rebel could be.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    A decent episode. I'm a little annoyed Sylar is still dragging that kid along. I can't wait to see the next episode as it appears to be heavily about HRG.
                    As i mentioned before, maybe he sees too much of himself (left by parents, mad at adoptive ones, struggling to find himself in society) in that kid..

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    they didnt explain how hiro an ando got to india, which really bugged me since hrio cant teleport and that they wouldnt be able to catch a comercial flight anymore. did anyone want to slap hiro in the cafe scene, or was it just me?
                    I too wish they would have answered that part of HOW they got to india.. Especially with Hiro at least being tracked and having his accounts and such frozen.
                    As to the Cafe scene, Hiro seems to always have had a "I am the hero, not you" sort of vibe and seems to always have a jealousy of others...
                    Well now Ando has powers and he doesn't

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                    The other thing that annoyed me about this episode was the homeland security woman with the ideals that folded like a house of stacked playing cards. I really liked her at the beginning, because she was a strong champion of common sense, morality, and common sense, and then she just folded like someone struck her Achilles heel. Seems like the whole US government has no morals the way it's going...
                    Agreed. I was like "ALL right" someone with a moral compass.. Then she saw Trish freeze that goon and shatter him and was "Ok you get a blank check"..

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    Do you guys think claire could survive getting frozzen? seems like if something happened to her like that man getting shattered, she would not be able to recover.
                    IMO if she COULD get completely frozen then shattered, no.. BUT would her powers prevent her from completely getting frozen in the first place??

Originally posted by Corgano View Post
                    Exactly!

I really hope that Nathan gets what he deserves for his naziesque actions. And by that I mean a slow and really painful death, preferably caused by people from his own organization.
                    Better yet, his own kind who he has yet again turned against..

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
                    Oddly enough, I liked some of the plot threads and how the writers chose to handle some of the natural issues that would emerge out of the newly federal witch hunt against the metahumans. Nathan's struggle to maintain control over his own program may not be original, but it does offer a few interesting ideas. Abby is essentially Nathan's chance to reconsider his decisions. If he wanted to, he could have let Abby be the one to shut the program down.
                    It would have been had she not simply caved in after seeing Trish freeze that person..

Instead, he made it very clear that he believes that the only means of ending the potential threat of metahumans is to keep all of them fully contained. (Well, all but the privileged few he selects.) Despite the bloodshed already on the books, he seems blind to the consequences. By sending men like Danko against those with abilities, he's giving metahumans a reason to go underground and form a resistance against the government itself. He's all but pushing them into the kind of extreme action that he's trying to prevent.
                    Exactly. Which is imo doing what Peter said his visions of the future showed..
                    All i know, is if i WAS one of those metas, i would definitely be in the mind set of "YOU want to consider us a threat, well i damn well will give you a reason to think that".

Danko's little gambit doesn't quite add up, even if it worked for the purposes of the plot. Tracy heard Abby's objections, and she's supposed to be a political expert. So, having seen Abby standing there by Nathan, why would she use her power at all? Why not call out for Abby to help her, claiming that she's being held for no reason? Her decision to kill someone with her ability completely undermines any opportunity to shut down the program and end the threat.
                    Did she? OR does she actually see that her powers ARE a threat and wanted to get locked up..?

Comment

Working...
                    X