• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust and Blood (315)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    TRUST AND BLOOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 315

Following an airplane crash, Claire puts herself on the line to try and help the surviving heroes escape. Ando and Daphne go in search of their friends, and Tracy must decide where her loyalties lie. Sylar torments a mother and son to make a talk, but finds an unexpected ally.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:08 PM.

Someone fill me in? was it a good episode?

Didn't have a chance to watch all of it, only parts.

Comment

I'm glad they're taking Hiro and Ando a little more seriously now and not just using them as comic relief.

Spoiler:
      When Hiro said he had to get his powers back you pretty much know it's gonna happen sometime soon. Maybe they'll have him and Peter both get their powers back.

Is it just me or did Noah look like a completely different character? Maybe it was the uniform.

I really hope they keep the quality of the last 2 episodes up for the rest of the volume. I can't remember the last time I anticipated the next episode this much.

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      Someone fill me in? was it a good episode?

Didn't have a chance to watch all of it, only parts.
      Yeah, it was good. At least as good as last week's ep, if not better.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

While I will always have my complaints, I like the way this season is headed so far. One thing is, I don't think it would be as easy as they make it out to be to catch these people with powers.

For instance, Tracy's power has the ability to make treated steel brittle enough to fall apart but she can't get through a soldiers body armor? Get me some of that stuff for when I'm skiiing.

Parkmen did last night, but has always been able to turn people into slaves. How can anyone protect against Parkmen. He could make any of those men become his own personal secret agent. If he could just get within distance of Nathan he could end this thing (too easy I know, not fun)

Speedster is obvious, is she dead for sure?

If Hiro\Peter ever gets their powers back and becomes smart like future Hiro and Peter they would be a tough pair for anyone to stop.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

Speedster is obvious, is she dead for sure?

I think the Speedster herself ruled that out by what she told Ando - "You kill Hiro in the future, right? So he can't be dead..." In that vision..Ando and the Speedster were together when he killed him...so she can't be dead either..
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's future-logic is pretty spotty.

I like the "Fugitives" concept and the fact that they have slowed down the pace of plot development. But I'm really finding it harder and harder to care. It's tough to buy into Nathan's sudden change of heart. It's tough to enjoy Hiro without powers, and Ando with powers. It's even tough to like Peter these days.

I think that by the end of the first season, the writers realized that they had a fundamental problem with the characters of Peter and Sylar becoming too powerful, so they had to "reboot" them, weaken them, and finally make a fundamental change to the way that Peter's abilities work. I understand the necessity, but it makes that Season One journey for Peter feel pretty worthless.

The characters on the show have become a mile wide and an inch deep. The emotional resonance of episodes like "Company Man" is just gone. I say kill 'em all off and find a core of a half-dozen characters to focus on.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Yeah, that's future-logic is pretty spotty.
              True. The reason we have seen some of the future is so it can be changed.

We saw Niki in the future and she is dead. (can't happen)

We also know Syler killed Nathan, took his form and became President. (could happen)

Parkmen and Clair worked for the government. (could happen, but seems unlikely)

I don't think we can use much from alternate timeline visits to assume things, because once one thing is changed it is all changed.
              sigpic

Comment

A mighty fine episode.
                Nathan is going to fall so hard it gonna be funny.

I so hope that computer controlling kid was the one that phone clare. The goverment fine its accounts rather empty in future, as well as their computer systems crashing around them. I just want to see him action.
                I thought peter comment about money was funny, last time I check Hiro sister is not short of a bob or two either is he.

Peter, Hiro, and the rest of the gang are togeather.

Sylar and microwave kid, well I hope the kid will not be to shock when sylar start cutting his brain open, through he did seem some what resistance to Sylar telekinesis, might make it interesting, may his microwave power can act a forcefield. Although I thought it interest that Sylar was able analyse the kid brain for afar, an enhancement of his abilities.
                If I am right Peter and Sylar need to come in contact with each other, in theory once peter absorbs sylar ability, peter should to learn to us it the non cutting open brain way. How Hiro getting his abilities back, I got the catalyst in the last chapter originated from India.

I do want to know how parkman gained time seeing powers, it seem the African bloke is still in his head somehow and it is him that doing the seeign the future and painting thing and not Partman.

Shame a speedsters is dead, I liked her character.

I think Parkman need to pay a visit to the president and show him the errors of his ways.
                Love how he single handidly took out those solders by using other solder, seriously these guys did not plan to actually face these people battle o rif they did they did not plan very well.

Bennet, he so keep trying to protect his family in all the wrong ways, he really thinks Clare going to be the stay at home/college kind of daughter. Through I am surprise she has the grades to be going to college given she hardly ever attends school.

I see his mother still one step ahead of him, anyone else think she going to be rebuilding the company behind his and the government backs.
                Last edited by knowles2; 10 February 2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Good episode overall. I don't like whats Peters power has become. I feel sorry for Matt, I like where his story might be going. I liked Sylar's reaction to that kid. I hope Hiro gets his power back.
                  http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I don't think Daphne is dead, they would have showed her really dying. But why did Matt and Mohinder leave her there?

I was truly hoping that the big bad guy would have put a bullet in Claire's head. I'm tired of her only lines being Dad, how could you! I just don't like her character.

I'm hoping now that the writers have reset Peter's character again, they make him smarter.

Not sure how I feel about Sylar's mini-me yet but I generally like any story line with Sylar because he is such a badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                      Not sure how I feel about Sylar's mini-me yet but I generally like any story line with Sylar because he is such a badass.
                      Sylar's mini-me!

The whole situation between Sylar and microwave boy reminded me at "X-MEN 2", the scene where Magneto talkes to Pyro and Pyro eventually follows him.

Coincidence?

Comment

I don't understnad how Sylar allowed the microwave boy to go with him, but this was a pretty good episode. Heroes is getting stronger and stronger!

Comment

Something funny happened after the off-screen plane crash. "Heroes" actually gained a sense of direction again.

I have to wonder if it has something to do with writer/consulting producer Mark Verheiden. Verheiden is perhaps best known for his solid contributions to early seasons of "Smallville" and, more recently, critically and fan acclaimed episodes of "Battlestar Galactica" (including the recent masterpiece, "The Oath").

What "Heroes" needed was a touch of the chaotic, the feeling that events are spiraling out of control and lives are changing forever. The premiere for this volume set the stage for the changes seen here, but little else. This is when the overwhelming nature of the circumstances starts to sink in for everyone involved, and that adds some much-needed tension.

As mentioned in the review for the previous episode, the main shift in the story is the nature of the organization hunting down the metahumans. It's not some private company with a vested interest in keeping things quiet, run by metahumans with a desire to prevent future reoccurrence of old mistakes. This is the federal government controlling a potential threat. Government is seldom known for its subtlety.

Nathan is already getting the hint that the soldiers assigned to this little roundup are led by a man without restraint. Daphne's death (and Claire's momentary imitation of Swiss cheese) should have been an indication of how bad it could get. Nathan and Noah can make all the demands they want; these soldiers are not going to hold back. It's already bad enough that I'm counting down the episodes until Nathan himself is forced to go on the run.

While someone had to die for the stakes to be raised, I'm a bit annoyed with the decision to kill Daphne. It's designed to push Matt into a darker direction. Daphne was already the victim of unfortunate storytelling during the third volume (where her conversion to "good" was the exact opposite of "show, don’t tell"), so this is just the icing on the cake.

There are also lingering problems with the treatment of abilities. It's not at all clear how Matt could or would develop Isaac's ability on top of his own, and it feels more like the desire to hold onto a convenient plot device than a necessary element of the story. Hopefully this will be explained before much longer.

Peter's ability, on the other hand, has finally been adjusted into more manageable territory. It might be that this "one power at a time" limitation is a temporary state of affairs, but for now, it eliminates the problem of having a hero with too much power and control. The writers were always trying to find ways to hobble him so the plot could remain viable. (The same was also true for Hiro, but the removal of his ability resolved that problem.)

The bottom line is that the familiar characters are now facing a new kind of threat. They are faced with the choice of remaining out of the public eye and struggling for survival, or making the public aware of the civil rights violations taking place right under their nose. If Nathan is threatened by his own initiative, he would be the perfect (and ironic) choice to lead to a public unveiling of metahuman existence. Then again, it would be even more interesting if the metahumans were forced out of hiding by the emergence of an even greater threat.

Sylar's character gets a bit of indirect restoration in this episode. While his personal genealogy project is still a bit repetitive for its own good, his encounter with Luke and his mother is the highlight of the episode. It also flies in the face of the notion that he has an irrepressible hunger to kill. He even makes a snide comment to Luke about his supposed addiction! It's interesting that Sylar didn't just rip the information out of Luke's mind; it suggests he has some other purpose for him, based on his rebellious attitude.

Keeping Verheiden on the writing staff, especially once Bryan Fuller returns, would be a very good idea. It would be even better if they were given the reins for the fourth season, if the series makes it that far. What "Heroes" needs is to regain its edge and lose the repetition. This episode is a good step in the right direction, but there's still work to be done.

Comment

They never really showed Daphine dead. just shot. I have a feeling she's still alive.

this volume has been damn good so far.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Really good episode last night. Like a lot of you, I believe this Volume is off to a very strong start. I really hope the quality can stay this high. I really can't wait to see what happens next.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X