Virtual fleet 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrified floor/walls as well?
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

nah i do not think it works. unless you have plating which is partially positively charged, partially negatively, in which case you merely need to step on the right ones. wait, just use AC current and you can not...

in which case rubber boots probably will work.

Comment

How about turning the heat up with flame throwers? Flamethrowers are always cool. especially at close range and with oil.
        sigpic

Comment

gives such a mess.....

besides, we do not need overkill.

well, actually, i think that's a good option for the armory. the armories are well-filled. and there are several "misc" armories, which contain non-standard weapons like flamethrowers, frag grenades, and all guns unhealthy and uberdeadly.

mmm. maybe a minigun?

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking of. You can just imagine Teal'c with one.

"You're going to kill me, aren't you?" The terrified enemy soldier asks as a minigun wielding Teal steps into view.
            "Indeed."
            sigpic

Comment

would we still use a iris or a shild

Comment

dunno.

found out i made a mistake.

Therion is greek for Beast.

Comment

I'm guessing a shield and an iris.
                  sigpic

Comment

that seems pretty double.

an iris is mechanical, with the major advantage that when all power goes out, you can still shut down the iris.

the current iris is trinium/titanium, maybe some new alloy can be made?

Comment

yeah I think it would be best to have an Iris

Comment

on the show ant greek and roman derivtive of aincent so it could have been that for reason like the ori and fire

Comment

huh????

ok, am i the only guy who finds it funny? the EU's new treaty steers it right into the direction i want it to go

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Prototype Pt4

Mark Davids, Alias Prototype, kneeled before the Keeper Queen.
                            “what do you need me for?” he asked.
                            The Keeper Queen tilted her head a bit to the right, as if judging him.
                            “i believe it is time for you to ascend to the next level. I hereby grant you a ship of your own, with a crew of your own, and a mission of your own,” she said.
                            “what kind of ship,” Prototype asked curiously.
                            “a modified Battlecruiser,” the reply came. “the Shade class, yours is modified with the powercore of an Atlantean vessel. We salvaged it only recently. You will find it's capabilities...astounding.”
                            Davids shrugged. “and what is my mission?”
                            “there is a ship the New Lanteans,” the Keeper Queen started, but she was interrupted by Davids. “Tau'ri. They call themselves tau'ri”. She glanced at him with cold hatred in her eyes. “the Tau'ri call it the Tria. Our records tell it fled battle ten thousand years ago. They must have salvaged it.”
                            “wait, wait wait,” Prototype said. “you want me, to kill an Aurora-class ancient warship?!”
                            “Do. NOT. Interrupt. me. Again.” the Keeper Queen said. “not only is the Tria poorly patched and largely depleted of it's Drone weapons, your warship is superior to others of it's class. Powergeneration is our achilles heel. Your ship is a hybrid of the common organic technology with inorganic “implants”. It is also equipped with a Lantean Powercore. I recommend you test it on something...simple before taking up the task.” with that said, the Keeper Queen gestured Prototype had to leave. Which he reluctantly did, still filled with questions.

“alright,” Prototype said. He walked onto the bridge, which was filled with ten wraith at various stations. All were clearly unhappy with his appointment as a ship commander, especially one of a Battlecruiser. Though the design had been used 10.000 years ago, this one was a re-design.
                            Prototype sat on the Command Chair. He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. He could feel that his exoskeleton was interfacing with the command chair. Then, it was as if all data on the ship was projected on his eyes. “i need to know how strong this ship is,”he thought. Immediately, he could see the data on hiveships, the hiveships of the Keepers, standard cruisers and Keeper Cruisers, and normal battlecruisers and his personal battlecruiser. Though a normal BC was on par with a keeper Hive, this one outclassed it. A 300% power increase, which was equally divided over all systems. Knowing the basis of wraith technology and it's adaptiveness, Davids immediately started adaptations. The significantly denser hull was weakened, he created energy buffers to double the shield strenght, the engines were reduced in power consumption, and Davids removed the Stasis chambers from the design and replaced them with backup systems. The internal structure was strengthened with thick armor. Davids looked at the ship he had changed with mere thoughts. A backup of the old design was made. Then, the ship started to shake slightly, as the changes were put into place. He woke up, for the lack of a better word, from his connection. A wraith had drawn it's weapon. “what did you just do?” he asked threateningly.
                            “i adapted this ship to my preferences. As you know, I was given this ship by the keeper queen,” Davids said. He aimed his wrist gun and shot the weapon out of the wraith's hands. “and I became immune to that toy ages ago.”
                            “note to self,” he thought. “replace wimpy stunners with those thermal plasma cannons.” during his captivity, he had absorbed quite some knowledge into his mind. Recently, the Keeper Queen granted him more technology to be absorbed. And as he though about the weapons, the designs immediately floated in his head. “yea,” he though. “and make sure it can stun as a second option.”
                            Prototype leaned back into his chair and concentrated. It would take a few hours before the changes were put through. “lunchtime,” he said, almost jumping out of his chair and shooting a smile at the wraith, who obviously didn't have such luxury. It wouldn't sustain him forever, but Davids still loved eating tangible food.

Prototype walked back onto the bridge. After having eaten a bit, he looked at the ship's status displayed on the screen. The 99% turned to 100%, the lights flickered for a moment and then, all screens reconfigured and displayed new information.
                            “finally,” Davids said, settling himself down in the Command chair. He looked at the star map. A system not far away was lightly defended by the Humans. Easy prey. Davids thought a second.
                            “no,” he thought. “the Alpha site. That'll be a bang.”
                            Davids ordered a course to be set. The wraith looked at him with suspicion.

“We are approaching the coordinates,” a wraith said. Davids looked at the screen. Less than a minute before they arrived. “we are well within range of the Atlantica complex,” Davids said. “they will have prepared adequate defences. I preprogrammed a protocol which will automatically raise shields the millisecond it is possible. You will see what my changes are worth. Prepare for battle.”
                            he stared at the front screen. Hyperspace blasted by. Then, the tunnel ended in light. They dropped out of hyperspace, shields raised, weapons charged and... nothing.
                            Davids looked at the sensors. “sensors show nothing is here,” one of the wraith said. Davids ordered a full scan, but that too proved ineffective. He sighed.
                            “Launch the bombs,” he said. The wraith stared. “we do not have bombs.”
                            Prototype laughed for a second. “we do have them. Part of the changes. Now fire them.”
                            he and the wraith exchanged looks for several seconds, until the wraith gave up and issued the command. Bio-missiles shot out and headed for the planet, spreading out evenly. As they descended further, and further, Davids became more and more curious.

Mckay sat on a chair, behind a desk with no less than 6 computer screens arranged in two rows of three, one row above the other. He frantically switched screens, scrolling over the displayed data.
                            “significantly enhanced speed, This is not normal,” he said to the commander of the Alpha site. It had been build half into a mountain, was capable of cloaking and had a shield. The commander was James Morgan, a colonel in charge.
                            “you're telling me, that the wraith ship en route is not a normal Battlecruiser?” he asked.
                            “normal? Normal? These...things aren't normal in the first place. It has the firepower, speed and armor of a hive while being much smaller! Powergeneration is the Achilles heel of the wraith, and that heel is missing here. We have to get out of here!.”
                            “not so fast,” Morgan said. “i am calling the shots here. What is the ETA?”
                            “a day?” Mckay said.
                            Morgan nodded. “i will evacuate all non-essential personnel and all vital research. The rest goes later.”
                            “and what about the rest. What about me? I am vital, but we really shouldn't be around when that...thing comes. Call a Deadalus-class and let it do the dirty job,” Mckay said.
                            Morgan sighed. “there is no 304 available and all minor ships are needed. I will launch the Fighter and cloak the facility, and hope that all goes well.”
                            Mckay started to freak out. “NO minor ships? They have an assembly in this galaxy and there is not even one Firefly or Firestorm that can come help us? Do they want us to die? I dont want too die, I am too valuable! Just as my research. My research, do you know how long it actually took to get it set up? And you just allow the wraith to blow it to hell?”
                            Morgan sighed again and started to walk away. “i will do everything in my power.”

The missiles were about to impact, when suddenly a facility decloaked and raised it's shields. All over the planet, 20 atomic bombs bathed the planet in light.
                            “a human base just decloaked and raised it's shields,” the wraith sensor officer said.
                            “i got that, thanks,” Prototype replied. He closed his eyes and the HUD appeared again. He zoomed in on the facility. “commence bombarding.”
                            all over the ship, cannons released their energy. Large bolts of energy started to enter the atmosphere and in seconds, they hit the shield. The mountain in which the facility was built, was gone, and most of the complex was exposed now. Only a bit of mountain remained, and under it rivers of fresh lava flowed. Whatever snow was present had melted. A meteor storm of energy bolts hit the shield and put it under immense strain.
                            Suddenly, hyperspace windows opened and three Firestorms and five Firefly's dropped out, immediately shooting at the Battlecruiser. From below, F-302's moved up and headed for space.
                            “we should launch the darts,” the wraith weapons officer said.
                            “negative,” davids replied. The wraith looked at him in disbelief and anger. Davids pressed the jello in his hand slightly, and a missile shot out from one of the missile bays. It descended down into the atmosphere, and then detonated. A wave of superheated air devastated the F-302 attack. Several more missiles headed downwards, to bombard the Facility. Then, the Battlecruiser turned on the Firestorms and Fireflies. Though the first mentioned had Beam weapons, they clearly were not as powerfull as normal ones.
                            “shields to 80%,” the Shields officer said.
                            Davids nodded. “good. Keep bombing the Facility, focus all fire on one ship.”
                            eight more missiles headed down to the Planet, only to impact several seconds later and again bathe a large area in light. A constant stream of fire came form the BC, heading towards one Firestorm which was rapidly losing it's shields. The Firestorms and fireflies responded with streams of railgun fire and beams and pulses of energy, but to no avail. The first Firestorm jumped to hyperspace to escape annihilation.
                            The stream of weaponsfire continued, rapidly bringing down the Firestorm shields. Soon the next firestorm had to jump. Prototype was making short work of the tau'ri foes.
                            An explosion marked the death of another Firestorm, and finally, the fleet retreated.
                            Prototype laughed. “run, it's not like you can hide anyway,” he said with a snarl.
                            “how far down is the shield of the human outpost?” he then inquired.
                            “the integrity of the outpost's shields is rapidly declining. Victory will be ours in mere moments,” his officer replied. And it was true: the mountain the base was built into, was ablaze, magma streaming down its top, and the occasional nuke only worsened it. Then, bright bolts of energy struck from space, rapidly depleting the shield. The mountain exploded in a spectacular way, blasting rocks and dust and magma high up in the sky and in every direction.
                            “the enemy base is gone,” Prototype's officer announced. “very well,” Prototype replied. “that should learn them a lesson.”

Comment

yay! Prototype

Nice one Killman
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X