X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh....can I play too? I love EY/LF! So glad I found his thread

BTW...Great caps and icons guys!!
    sigpic
    Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GateMedic View Post
      Oooh....can I play too? I love EY/LF! So glad I found his thread

BTW...Great caps and icons guys!!
      Of course you can play too. The more the merrier
      sigpic

Comment

Hey y'all! I never participate in forums anymore, but I was compelled to jump on in because Colonel Young (or Colonel Yum as I like to call him) is pinging my radar off the charts. And neither he nor the RL Louis are gettin' enough love on the interwebs, so I felt it was my duty to represent.

See, I'm lame, I don't even have an icon yet. LOL Will get on that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyEllis View Post
          Hey y'all! I never participate in forums anymore, but I was compelled to jump on in because Colonel Young (or Colonel Yum as I like to call him) is pinging my radar off the charts. And neither he nor the RL Louis are gettin' enough love on the interwebs, so I felt it was my duty to represent.

Welcome to the thread and GateWorld, AmyEllis. Feel free to jump in anythime.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyEllis View Post

Yes we have to give the lovely Young some lovin'

Originally posted by greytop View Post
            Welcome to the thread and GateWorld, AmyEllis. Feel free to jump in anythime.

mmmmmmm nice
            sigpic

Comment

Light caps
              Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Very nice Linda!
                sigpic
                Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

Niiiiice caps! I loved that scene with Greer.

Comment

Thanks youuuuuu two Yeah I liked that scene with Greer too
                    sigpic

Comment

For me, the verdict is still far from out on SGU but I am definitely making a case for Colonel Young. Love the voice, love the understated authority, and the sense that this is a man who understands the burden of command. I even like the snarky edge he has in dealing with the civilians, treating them with a degree of respect but nevertheless still expecting them to do what they need to do without any coddling.

Personal favorite scene so far - everyone is waiting to die and Young is sitting in his quarters looking at a picture of his wife and even though the audience doesn't see his face, the light catches a single tear falling from his face.

Potential LF fan/thunker here...

Comment

Putting on my "Amazing Karnak" hat, I see several upcoming events for Col. Young.

1.) He will have some sort of breakdown, perhaps not as drastic as Rush's but a breakdown none-the-less.

2.) He will create a shogunate. Wray will be put in charge of non-military concerns reporting to Young. She will be able to use her IOA bureaucratic skills for the greater good. This will relieve him of the "petty" concerns which we saw him avoiding at the end of "Water".

3.) He will have to put down a mutiny. Aside form the usual suspects for those involved will be Eli. Military types will be spaced, civilians will be placed under supervision. This will allow Eli to remain in the series.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

I don't think that Young will have a nervous breakdown, especially since we just saw Rush go through something similar. He may have a medical condition that we don't know about that may appear later in the season, but I don't see a nervous breakdown.

Same for a mutiny. I've noticed that when Young is around, things run more smoothly. If he's not around, problems arise. It happened when he used the communication device and switched places and again when he was gone from Destiny in "water."

I do wish that they would do more with Young because I find him really intriguing. He's my favorite character right now. Rush is second. I like the dynamics of these two actors/characters.

Comment

I think he's going to create a 'union' of sorts for the civilians on board, and Wray will be their representative, that way she can come to him with problems instead of having half a dozen people in his ear all the time.

Comment

Okay, I'm bumping this thread. It's nice to see a handsome face that's not a super young pretty-boy. There's real character behind those eyes. Here's hoping that there will be some Col. Young centric episodes. I want to see more of this character (and actor).

He's easy on the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum View Post
                                Okay, I'm bumping this thread. It's nice to see a handsome face that's not a super young pretty-boy. There's real character behind those eyes. Here's hoping that there will be some Col. Young centric episodes. I want to see more of this character (and actor).

He's easy on the eyes.
                                Yep agreed He's a really good actor and I don't get tired of seeing that nice face I don't like pretty boys
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X