Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Default Re: Everett Young/Louis Ferreira Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation (SGU)

Light caps
    Spoiler:

Very nice Linda!
    Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Probie

Niiiiice caps! I loved that scene with Greer.

Thanks youuuuuu two Yeah I liked that scene with Greer too

Second Lieutenant

For me, the verdict is still far from out on SGU but I am definitely making a case for Colonel Young. Love the voice, love the understated authority, and the sense that this is a man who understands the burden of command. I even like the snarky edge he has in dealing with the civilians, treating them with a degree of respect but nevertheless still expecting them to do what they need to do without any coddling.

Personal favorite scene so far - everyone is waiting to die and Young is sitting in his quarters looking at a picture of his wife and even though the audience doesn't see his face, the light catches a single tear falling from his face.

Potential LF fan/thunker here...

Default The future for Col. Young

Putting on my "Amazing Karnak" hat, I see several upcoming events for Col. Young.

1.) He will have some sort of breakdown, perhaps not as drastic as Rush's but a breakdown none-the-less.

2.) He will create a shogunate. Wray will be put in charge of non-military concerns reporting to Young. She will be able to use her IOA bureaucratic skills for the greater good. This will relieve him of the "petty" concerns which we saw him avoiding at the end of "Water".

3.) He will have to put down a mutiny. Aside form the usual suspects for those involved will be Eli. Military types will be spaced, civilians will be placed under supervision. This will allow Eli to remain in the series.

regards,
    G.

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: The future for Col. Young

I don't think that Young will have a nervous breakdown, especially since we just saw Rush go through something similar. He may have a medical condition that we don't know about that may appear later in the season, but I don't see a nervous breakdown.

Same for a mutiny. I've noticed that when Young is around, things run more smoothly. If he's not around, problems arise. It happened when he used the communication device and switched places and again when he was gone from Destiny in "water."

I do wish that they would do more with Young because I find him really intriguing. He's my favorite character right now. Rush is second. I like the dynamics of these two actors/characters.

Colonel

Default Re: The future for Col. Young

I think he's going to create a 'union' of sorts for the civilians on board, and Wray will be their representative, that way she can come to him with problems instead of having half a dozen people in his ear all the time.

Chief Master Sergeant

Okay, I'm bumping this thread. It's nice to see a handsome face that's not a super young pretty-boy. There's real character behind those eyes. Here's hoping that there will be some Col. Young centric episodes. I want to see more of this character (and actor).

He's easy on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
    Okay, I'm bumping this thread. It's nice to see a handsome face that's not a super young pretty-boy. There's real character behind those eyes. Here's hoping that there will be some Col. Young centric episodes. I want to see more of this character (and actor).

He's easy on the eyes.
    Yep agreed He's a really good actor and I don't get tired of seeing that nice face I don't like pretty boys

Interesting theories guys...can't wait to see how things unfold in future eps!

He's easy on the eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yep agreed He's a really good actor and I don't get tired of seeing that nice face I don't like pretty boys
    My thoughts exactly!
    Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Probie

The last sequence in Water really showed Young's character. I loved the slo-mo. It certainly emphasized the burdens he's dealing with. Plus, I loved all the "I've done this before" bits.

I'm guessing some sort of mutiny is on the way. Well, more like a struggle than a mutiny, as I think more are loyal to Young than not. But Spence certainly has shown he has an axe to grind, as does Dr....bah, can't remember his name! The one complaining about their rights being violated (course, he did get shot!) Perhaps something triggered by Telford and maybe perpetuated by Rush. (And I'd pay good money for scene where Jack rips Telford a new one for undermining Young's command.)

I would like to see a bigger role for Wray in helping him manage personnel so he can focus on the survival part. No reason for him to be listening to complaints about rations and comm stones.

Chief Master Sergeant Explorerwinds's Avatar

Zat Re: The future for Col. Young

I don't think that Young will have a nervous breakdown, especially since we just saw Rush go through something similar. He may have a medical condition that we don't know about that may appear later in the season, but I don't see a nervous breakdown.

Same for a mutiny. I've noticed that when Young is around, things run more smoothly. If he's not around, problems arise. It happened when he used the communication device and switched places and again when he was gone from Destiny in "water."

I do wish that they would do more with Young because I find him really intriguing. He's my favorite character right now. Rush is second. I like the dynamics of these two actors/characters.
    I kind of think Young did have a break down, but he holds himself in. His break down was walking away from Dr. Park and the others in the hall who were trying to talk to him and he kept going. It shows his strength that he went on autopilot and no one could see it was happening.

Love Young!

Zat Re: Everett Young/Louis Ferreira Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation (SGU)

He's easy on the eyes.
    Yes, his eyes...you see so much when he is and is not talking. It almost makes you imagine if you were him and in charge. "Another bad day" There are about 80 sum lives on the line, and Telford is throwing a fit because he wanted to be the one to go. Makes me think of Band of Brothers.

Chief Master Sergeant

I have to say that I am loving SGU, and I'm loving seeing so much of Col. Young. When Earth aired, I was glued, as usual, but you can imagine my face when the very first scene started.

The more SGU episodes that air, the more I love Col. Young. Thanks for posting those yummy pictures. I need some screen caps from Earth.

I have to say that I am loving SGU, and I'm loving seeing so much of Col. Young. When Earth aired, I was glued, as usual, but you can imagine my face when the very first scene started.

The more SGU episodes that air, the more I love Col. Young. Thanks for posting those yummy pictures. I need some screen caps from Earth.
    Cool, I haven't seen Earth yet cause we don't get it here till Tuesday but I don't watch it till Wednesday so I can watch the unedited version. So I'll see what I can do about caps on Wednesday

I soooo agree with you!

*Points to Gallery button above knowing it takes you here...* Caps of Earth! - Spoilers

I could not help myself. I altered a poster of Star Wars and put in the cast of SGU.

I have Young as Windu. LOL!
    Last edited by Explorerwinds; November 8th, 2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: add last link

Chief Master Sergeant

Linda, Explorerwinds - thank you! I'm officially at the point where I am looking forward to each new episode of SGU. I guess that makes me a fan of the new show, huh?

Linda, Explorerwinds - thank you! I'm officially at the point where I am looking forward to each new episode of SGU. I guess that makes me a fan of the new show, huh?
    hmmm maybe a teensy weensy bit

Ooh your post count is 222

Yes, it does! They are using some type of slow build to get everything set up, and Young is a very important part of that. I am at the point that I would not want anyone else playing Young!

Click: from Time

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast