This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Jessica to Torri?

Why did they have two actors for Dr. Weir? And did you know Torri is Micheal Shanks real life wife? I didn't!

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
    Why did they have two actors for Dr. Weir? And did you know Torri is Micheal Shanks real life wife? I didn't!
    Torri isn't his wife, you silly Goose! Shanks wife is Lexa Doig (Andromeda, 4400, Jason X)
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

There's a thread around here that discusses the change in actresses, I don't remember exactly the reason though. Glad they did though, Torri was amazing as Weir.

And yes, Lexa Doig is Shanks' wife in real life, she played Dr. Lam on SG-1 for seasons 9 and 10.
      sigpic

Comment

Thats one of those questions fandom will never know
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0383533/bio

Then why does IMdB say different?

She (Torri) appeared with Lexa Doig in TekWar (1994) (TV), "TekWar" (1995), TekWar: TekLords (1994) (TV) and Jungleground (1995) and with her real life husband, Michael Shanks, in "Stargate SG-1" (1997) and "Stargate: Atlantis" (2004).
          Are they just wrong or...

Comment

imo this move was the actual reason why atlantis was cancelled

Comment

A quote from Michael Shanks' website:

"In August 2003, he married Lexa Doig, whom he met on the set of Andromeda when he guest-starred as Gabriel, in the episode "Starcrossed".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                A quote from Michael Shanks' website:
                Weird, IMdB even says with the Shanks bio that Lexa is his wife. :/ Weird. Funny, though, the wife of Jackson was at one time Shanks partner.

Comment

That's very badly phrased but I think it means that Torri appears with Lexa Doig and her (Lexa's) husband. The two 'her's would refer to different people.

Plus IMDB is user created content (like wikipedia) and thus prone to inaccuracies creeping in.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                    That's very badly phrased but I think it means that Torri appears with Lexa Doig and her (Lexa's) husband. The two 'her's would refer to different people.

Plus IMDB is user created content (like wikipedia) and thus prone to inaccuracies creeping in.
                    You solved the mystery! I just re read it, and yea...i think your right. :-)

Comment

I never understood why they changed actors, but Torri was ten times better!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I never understood why they changed actors, but Torri was ten times better!
                        Lmao! I agree. I don't really need a reason. I always assumed the actor was unavailable...

But they look relatively similar, they just have different coloured hair.

I love Torri as an actor, so yeah. It doesn't really matter now anyway, since SGA was friggin cancelled! ><

Comment

it says she appeared with lexa doig and her reallife hsuband... as in Lexa Doigs real life husband....

There are 3 actresses for Wier.... and I hated the middle one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Really, you hated the middle one? The real one? Dr. Weir being different in SG-1 was a casting issue, she was never intended to be a meta-character (one whose life would exist outside of the current show) and then it worked out that she was perfect for the spinoff and she wasn't available. The third actress isn't Weir either, she was Fran and only Fran was only reused to cover up the fact that Ms. Higginson didn't want to come back for that episode. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just wondering why you hate the woman that made the character, other actresses aside.

Comment

Discuss the way the two actresses played Weir all you like,within the rules,but leave Torri Higginson and Jessica Stein themselves out of the line of fire,please,guys .
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 January 2009, 11:29 PM. Reason: To clarify.:)
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X