This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concering the symbol on a Jaffa forehead

Why is the symbol on the forehead of a Jaffa of different materials?
    I know Teal'c and Bra'Tac have a gold one. And in Family(208) Frotac has a silver one. And then there are the one's that only have a 'drawn' black symbol.
    Today Is Yesterdays Tomorrow

Not sure about the silver one, but the gold is for First Primes.

Comment

They are to do with God they serve, I believe there is thread about this somewhere can’t seem to remember the title.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Only First Primes (or former First Primes) have the gold symbol. Except in a few early episodes, presumably because this particular rule had not been invented yet.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Ok the gold ones I figured out but was not sure.
          I think then that the black ones are for footwarriors/Jaffa Army.
          I can still not figure out what the silver ones are for though.

Originally posted by Wass
          They are to do with God they serve, I believe there is thread about this somewhere can’t seem to remember the title.
          That wasn't what I meant. i know the symbol has to do with the god they serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Icegod
            I can still not figure out what the silver ones are for though.
            I don't know, what rank/position did Fro'tac have?

Comment

Silver might bePersonal Guards, or the ones that defend the God's palaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                I don't know, what rank/position did Fro'tac have?
                He was a guard at the palace where Ryac was held.

Comment

There you go, then. Silver is Palace Guards.

Comment

Actually, I think he said he worked in the records office. I don't really think he could just be a clerk, but that was the impression. He might have been some sort of recorder-priest.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Rak'nor, appears to have a gold symbol on his forehead, but was not a first prime.

Comment

Rak'nor doesn't have a gold symbol, he has a big funky scar where his regular non-gold symbol used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Rak'nor doesn't have a gold symbol, he has a big funky scar where his regular non-gold symbol used to be.
                          I believe he did was first prime and had a gold symbol until his father burned or did something to the symbol.

Comment

With the symbol on their head, what happens if they change from one master to another, does their symbol change?

Comment

Well Her'ak's symbol changed didn't it? I mean, it was one symbol in The Other Guys and then Anubis' symbol in....Full Circle (I think that's when he's shown again).
                              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Working...
                              X