X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Powerful is the IOA?

?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Well they fund the Atlantis Expedition, so they have direct control over that. I think the ships and SGC are still under military control and the IOA can only influence the choices, not make them.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The IOA is powerful enough to shut the SGC down, but the President prevents that.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        The IOA is powerful enough to shut the SGC down, but the President prevents that.
        If you're talking about "Politics", I don't think the IOA existed back then. That was to do with Kinsey being in charge of the money.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

As powerful as the force of Love and Jebus

Go Green

Comment

They were powerful enough to dismiss Carter & Woolsey. And to assign a new commander to a BC-304. They even gave Merrick that mission to attack the Ori with Replicators, and I guarantee Jack & Landry weren't even informed about it.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

They also provide the SGC with 70% of its funding.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Near invincible when equipped with the Poisoned Blade of Shaydo (tm).
                Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

I think that they think they are in command of EVERYTHING, but the people don't listen to them and what they do without orders jsut saves everyone, so the IOA just watches from the shadows

Go Green

Comment

The IOA is so powerful its tears cure cancer.....pity it has never cried.
                    sigpic

Comment

The IOA is so powerful that it does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. The IOA goes killing.

OK i think i am done now
                      sigpic

Comment

to answer your question........ powerful enough to make yo........
                        *EVERYTHING WRITTEN HERE IS NOT THE WORD OF THE IOA AND YOU WILL NOT INFORM ANYONE OF WHAT YOU READ HERE.... OR YOU WILL JUST HAPPEN TO TAKE A LONG VACATION*
                        "The chinese government does not believe in hiding secrets from it's people"

Comment

They can do whatever they want it seems like. generally they have good intentions but they do not understand what it is like to serve in the field. that is why some of them are butheads(just like woolsey used to be)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            They were powerful enough to dismiss Carter & Woolsey. And to assign a new commander to a BC-304. They even gave Merrick that mission to attack the Ori with Replicators, and I guarantee Jack & Landry weren't even informed about it.
                            This always bugged me when the IOA did that, and it's one of the many reasons I don't even count Ark of Truth as canon Stargate, just because that movie was so horrible.

1. The IOA would've known how dangerous the replicators could be, and when their operative creates the replicator, it's like "Well...now what? You expect us to land the ship and allow it to replicate?" You'd think the IOA would be more cautious and tactful.

2. The IOA received no penalty after this event happened. You'd think after they were responsible for who knows how many casualties as a result of the replicators that they would be punished by a higher authority, say the President.

Comment

Originally posted by aweeasian View Post
                              This always bugged me when the IOA did that, and it's one of the many reasons I don't even count Ark of Truth as canon Stargate, just because that movie was so horrible.

1. The IOA would've known how dangerous the replicators could be, and when their operative creates the replicator, it's like "Well...now what? You expect us to land the ship and allow it to replicate?" You'd think the IOA would be more cautious and tactful.

2. The IOA received no penalty after this event happened. You'd think after they were responsible for who knows how many casualties as a result of the replicators that they would be punished by a higher authority, say the President.
                              They could claim Merrick acted alone.
                              sigpic
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X