Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But over a month earlier? When was it released in region 1? He might have mistyped, and meant to say August 1st. But anyway, it's supposed to be there now. Can't wait..!

Comment

One more week to go! YAY!

I preordered mine in HMV today. I like wandering around in shops in town so I keep them going by trying to avoid online buying as much as possible
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

My set was shipped early this afternoon, so looks like ill be getting my set by the weekend rather than Monday.

Comment

I got my box today, so it's confirmed that the Swedish season 5 box has been available since at least August 1st.

Comment

Oh, quick question about your set:
            If you bought the fatpack(the inch-thick case), did it come with a cardboard slip-cover?

Comment

I don't understand the terms you're referring to, but the box is about an inch ( 2.5 centimetres ) thick and is made out of plastic, with the cover being "normal paper" slipped into the plastic "pocket" that's on the outside of the box. Messy explanation, sorry! This is the Swedish version though, and I have no idea if the UK, German, etc. versions are like that too.

Comment

I understood that explanation fairly well, but looks like they did the change just for this last season.
                Enjoy watching yours! (I have yet to open mine, still trying to find out if there's the set which comes in the plastic case, but also another cardboard one on the outside)

Comment

Actually, all of my seasons of SGA are like that... And they're all the Swedish version with Swedish text on the cover. My SG-1 seasons, however, are five DVDs in a plastic... little box thingie... each, and those five boxes are, in turn, in a cardboard box. ( Takes up lots more space on my shelf, sadly, but that's too late to change now! )

Comment

My set came today from HMV, 4 days ahead of release. It looks exactly how Tinah described, expect it has English rather than Swedish text

Comment

Mine came this morning.

To give a more detailed description:

The set is contained in a paper card box, it feels rather flimsy, but I am sure it will do the job just fine.

The 5 series are presented in sets similar to those in the latest Region 2 complete SG1 set, which is good, as it doesnt take up too much room. As a bonus, each set's spine has the sets design on it, so when placed in order, you get a picture of atlantis with the gate and the orange event horizon. Actual art for each set remians the same as the individual releases. Each set also has the original series booklets, which I love, consider the SG1 set didn't have them.

There is a descritpion of the series on the bottom of the box, and we also have a bonus disc, like the SG1 set, which includes 2 documentaries:

Mission 100: Atlantis Reaches a Milestone Featurette

and

Stargate Atlantis: A Retrospective Featurette

All in all, it looks fantastic, and seeing as it has all Atlantis eps, Im sure it is!

Comment

I'm hugging my boxset tightly now... I think that maybe I'm supposed to open it... Perhaps put the discs into something that can convert them into images and sound? It has a nice sticker on the cardboard slipcase promising a 'thrilling final season'

Comment

was looking in HMV the other day and i'm sure on the front of ths S5 boxset it had a sticker saying that the final 2 episodes ( Vegas, EatG) had extended cuts, can anyone confirm or have i just misread the sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by igger View Post
                            was looking in HMV the other day and i'm sure on the front of ths S5 boxset it had a sticker saying that the final 2 episodes ( Vegas, EatG) had extended cuts, can anyone confirm or have i just misread the sticker.
                            Yup, that's what it says Although... I haven't got that far yet

Comment

Working...
                            X