Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worm Hole drive complaint (NOT AS PLOT DEVICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worm Hole drive complaint (NOT AS PLOT DEVICE)

okay this is actualy not a complaint about the wormhole drive being a last minute plot device they did what they had too there.

but umm they said it wasnt put into more use cause the ancients felt it used too much power......

a race that could make endless suppplies of ZPM's... complaining about power usage?? even if it used an entire ZPM per trip

a engine that can instantly move you from one place to another no matter the distance.... how the F is that not useful?

especialy for a race like the ancients who traveled Fin everywhere?

*edit*

yea this is assumin that the zpms have no draw backs (ya know like nuclear power = nuclear waste) and seeing how the asurans were able to make almost limitless ZPM's i dont see how the ancients couldnt

well it would be one less reason to need to use stargates i guess....

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
    okay this is actualy not a complaint about the wormhole drive being a last minute plot device they did what they had too there.

but umm they said it wasnt put into more use cause the ancients felt it used too much power......

a race that could make endless suppplies of ZPM's... complaining about power usage?? even if it used an entire ZPM per trip

a engine that can instantly move you from one place to another no matter the distance.... how the F is that not useful?

especialy for a race like the ancients who traveled Fin everywhere?

*edit*

yea this is assumin that the zpms have no draw backs (ya know like nuclear power = nuclear waste) and seeing how the asurans were able to make almost limitless ZPM's i dont see how the ancients couldnt

well it would be one less reason to need to use stargates i guess....
    zpms may take several planets worth of resorces to build, the asurans didnt care about other planets and there welfare the ancients did, it may be why they were after different power sources

atlantis had a geo thermal power plang aswell as being primialy solar, and arcturus may have been an attempt to overcome the dependency on zpm tec

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
      a race that could make endless suppplies of ZPM's...
      far from endless. otherwise they would've have attempted such risky things as Arcturus

Comment

They said the ancients never got it to work. Not that it worked and they never used it.

And they really didn't do what they had to at all by introducing it.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

well i dont think the zpms are THAT heard to make since there artifical regions of sub space (by hard meaning taking entire planets worth of material)

but again i said assuming the ZPMs didnt have massive drawback which they NEVER said they did in the show

but they also never even hinted at how it was created.

i just dont see how the ability to move from point a to point ZZZ instantly would every not be worth it

Comment

Time wasn't too important to the Ancients and IIRC they said the Ancients abandoned the technology because of the power usage... they never really said they didn't get it to work. But back to the time thing... it's been said that the Ancients really didn't care about time too much, but we've never been told how long it takes to make a ZPM. Maybe it would take longer to make a ZPM then use the hyperdrive????

Comment

Working...
            X