This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One - Discussion and Speculation

NBC has handed Jesse Alexander a pilot order for his futuristic drama Day One.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the project centres on a global event that tears down the world's infrastructures. The pilot will follow a group of survivors attempting to rebuild society and uncover the mystery of the cataclysmic event.

Alexander is a former Heroes writer and co-executive producer. He and Jeph Loeb were dismissed as showrunners from the superhero drama last year and replaced by Bryan Fuller.

Alexander has also worked on J.J. Abrams shows Lost and Alias.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a14...t-day-one.html
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 08 May 2009, 03:17 AM.

Oh no here comes Jericho the sequel.

Comment

I'll have to wait to see it I guess.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Knowing how NBC works, this show will be lucky to get 10 episodes before it is axed.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Knowing how NBC works, this show will be lucky to get 10 episodes before it is axed.
          That sounds about right. If lucky, it may even finish the season, at best. Problem with network TV is the ratings have to be way higher than most genre shows can support. I would be much more enthused if these being announced for FX, Spike, USA, etc.. (to hell with SciFi channel). You can have shows that have twice the viewership of SGA, or even BSG, and still get canceled for low ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
            That sounds about right. If lucky, it may even finish the season, at best. Problem with network TV is the ratings have to be way higher than most genre shows can support. I would be much more enthused if these being announced for FX, Spike, USA, etc.. (to hell with SciFi channel). You can have shows that have twice the viewership of SGA, or even BSG, and still get canceled for low ratings.
            Yeah, a lot of really good shows have gotten canceled because of that fact. I am almost afraid to give new shows a try nowadays.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Yeah, a lot of really good shows have gotten canceled because of that fact. I am almost afraid to give new shows a try nowadays.
              It really is pointless these days to get caught up in ANY network show until it has shown to be a success. If you don't have a nielson box, it really does not matter how or when you watch a show. My biggest complaint is not that a show gets canceled, it is the obsession to always end every season with a cliffhanger. Why to this day the SciFi channel would have the nerve to re-air shows like Odyssey 5 which left off quite unanswered. For me, I find it completely pointless to watch a TV series without a conclusion. As I always point out, nobody would read a book with the last chapter missing, or watch a movie with the final 10-15 minutes cut, or a play without the final act. Yet when it comes to a TV series, we are suppose to accept this?

What they need to do is assure the audience that a finale will be produced even if the show is canceled. Otherwise, what is the point. In fact, I have yet to really watch Fringe or 11th Hour this year as I have no confidence either will last.

Comment

Sounds like about 4 other tv shows I've seen

Comment

Four join the cast of NBC's post-apocalyptic Day One

David Lyons, Carly Pope, Adam Campbell and Thekla Reuten have joined the cast of NBC's post-apocalyptic drama pilot Day One, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Day One revolves around a group of neighbors in an apartment complex after a catastrophic event.

Lyons will play the male lead, a Marine and an Iraq veteran who is a natural leader. Reuten (Sleeper Cell) will play an odd woman who keeps copious notes on other tenants. Pope will play a brilliant young woman who lives with her boyfriend (Campbell), an MIT graduate and computer genius.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/four-jo...ic-day-one.php

Comment

Given that this is NBC, I have no faith at all - they will never support an genre arc show in prime time.

@SBN - I am in total agreement, had this been on a specialty network, something other then Sci-Fi, it would pull in 2-4MM and be considered a huge success.

It may be a relatively well worn theme, but it also stilll a theme with lots of potential for both action and characterization, so I will give it the benefit of the doubt in that regard.
                    Last edited by Espeon1962; 09 May 2009, 10:24 AM.
                    ---------------------
                    sigpic
                    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                      Oh no here comes Jericho the sequel.
                      I dunno...actually sounds more like the Dies the Fire/Sunrise Lands series with the whole mysterious event angle. Only, it won't be anywhere near as good

We'll see......after the way Heroes went while he was on watch I'm not very optimistic about anything with his name attached
                      sigpic
                      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Four join the cast of NBC's post-apocalyptic Day One

David Lyons, Carly Pope, Adam Campbell and Thekla Reuten have joined the cast of NBC's post-apocalyptic drama pilot Day One, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Day One revolves around a group of neighbors in an apartment complex after a catastrophic event.

Lyons will play the male lead, a Marine and an Iraq veteran who is a natural leader. Reuten (Sleeper Cell) will play an odd woman who keeps copious notes on other tenants. Pope will play a brilliant young woman who lives with her boyfriend (Campbell), an MIT graduate and computer genius.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/four-jo...ic-day-one.php
                        OK, there go any hopes I had to begin with...its Atlantis-meets-Jericho. T-rific
                        sigpic
                        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

i shall gives this a try
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Xander Berkeley joins regular cast of NBC's pilot Day One
                            Xander Berkeley (24) has joined the cast of NBC's sci-fi drama pilot Day One as a regular, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Day One deals with residents of an apartment complex who come together after a cataclysmic event, Berkeley will play Clark, who is seriously injured in an explosion and whose daughter goes missing.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/xander-...-joins-reg.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Lyons will play the male lead, a Marine and an Iraq veteran who is a natural leader.
                              that is not the kind of lead character to get people watching a show imho. secondary character yes, but exactly where can that character go, that other shows havent done before? i think it just sounds boring and predictable. one of my favourite things about lost when it started a sayid and the fact he was an iraq veteran... on saddams side lol!
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X