BBC Version Being Human : Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Version Being Human : Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

did anyone watch this last night, i quite enjoyed it, apparently a pilot was aired last year, but i missed that, the first episode made sense without it though.

if you don't know what it is it's basically a semi-serious show about a vampire and a werewolf who move into a flat haunted by a ghost, who they can see.

more information here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/beinghuman/
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

I loved it. I was very apprehensive about them changing the cast from the one that appeared in the pilot but the new one had just as much chemistry as the old. I felt that this new first episode also flowed a lot better than the original. I will agree that they probably should have remade the pilot with the new cast though, we've missed too much exposition.

Comment

my girlfriend and i both laughed hard with the polo joke, the chemistry and the comedy and the drama and the mythology are so well balanced, i'm really looking foward to next week!!
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

didnt watch it yesterday, but on your recomendation i will give it ago tonight
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I will be watching on bbc iplayer sometime in the next seven days hopefully. Through usally I do not like scifi comedy but I understand it is more serious than just a pure comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            I will be watching on bbc iplayer sometime in the next seven days hopefully. Through usally I do not like scifi comedy but I understand it is more serious than just a pure comedy.
            yeah it's more of a drama with funny bits than a sitcom
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            Quotes!
            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it. The cheese did annoy me a bit but I found myself wanting to watch the next episode so it must have been decent. Thought the advert for it was crap though, totally misleading IMO, I was expecting a comedy.

Comment

yeah so was i. i was pleased it was more serious.

basically the way i see it, is if you thought you were going to like Demons, but didn't, you'll probably like this. this show is so much better than demons it's unbelievable.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

To me demons got one giant problem their no Sarah Michelle Gellar doing the fighting. They should have swap around the blind women and have her do the fighting and the boy being blind.

Comment

just watched it and loved it, cant wait till the next episode.

"She kicked me in my shin, MY SHIN!"
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

The advert is absolutly crap. I think who ever made it thought they were getting a comedy . May be the writers got this through the backdoor.

Overall thought it was a good story, some of the acting was dodgy in areas but I actually enjoyed the story. Will watch next week.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 27 January 2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

last night's ep was pretty good.

the plot thickens with all 3 characters.

Spoiler:
                        was annie murdered by her boyfriend? or even is hse dead at all or in a coma or something, she is "very solid" and can feel and touch etc.
                        will mitchell be able to keep off the red stuff?
                        will we see tully again?
                        will george use tully's methods or will he go back to the abandoned room in the hospital??!!
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Very good episode last night.
                          What are the vamps getting up to I wonder.
                          And yeah the plot is thickening amoungst all the characters. Seem the resident vampire is having a relapse next week or as they like to call it, play time.

Some of the jokes I thought were funny.
                          I thought overall the acting was an improvement from lasts weeks.
                          Love the Warewolf cgi changing effects.The voice over describing the metamorphosis at the very beginning was fabulous.

My only complaint is that I wish the fight scene was a bit bigger at the end. Hopefully we will get a big fight between two warewolfs sometime during the season.

I am so glad someone at the BBC told the writers to write this more seriously and with more drama than comedy.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 03 February 2009, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Another Short Review:

2nd Episode Very Good Aswell.

Comment

Russell Tovey ('Being Human')
                              Friday, February 6 2009, 11:41 GMT

By Neil Wilkes, Editor

Born from a successful pilot last year, Being Human - a drama about a flatshare between a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost - is now in full flow with its first series on BBC Three. We hooked up with Russell Tovey, who plays neurotic George, to find out more about the werewolf's inner turmoil - and to see how he feels about baring all for the cameras.

Did you expect the pilot to be as popular as it was?
                              "I had no idea. As we were making it, people were saying it's good but I watched a rough cut on the laptop and at the time I thought it was a bit dead! For me the first fifteen minutes of the pilot were not really happening, but then suddenly it kicked in and I was like 'woah!'. I showed it to people and they were gripped. But no, no idea it would do so well. We hoped. Everyone was really positive and excited by it."

What do you think of your new castmates?
                              "It's so odd, because I am the only original, apart from the guy who played Seth, Herrick's assistant. You know who your character is, but then when someone new joins you've got to refind who you are with these people. It took a good week or so and then I was like 'I feel it now'. But I think they're brilliant and we all get on really well."

How are werewolves regarded by vampires? George and Mitchell seem to get on well.
                              "The way it works in supernatural hierarchy, werewolves are quite low down on the list. Vampires attack werewolves and in the show I keep getting beaten up by vampires. I met Mitchell when he saved me from being beaten up by vampires, and then he took me in. We formed a bond because he doesn't want to kill people any more and I'm in a position where I don't want to do that either but can't control it."

Does he ever want to just kill himself? Surely that would be the easiest solution.
                              "Yeah, but he's stronger than that and he's quite religious, which is what is stopping him. Sometimes he's absolutely been suicidal. I think that's why his friendships with Annie and Mitchell are so important because they're keeping him going. He just constantly wishes life was different - but as the series goes on he accepts it more and finds the benefits of it."

You strip off quite a lot in the show. Are you comfortable with that?
                              "Do I enjoy being naked in the woods with people watching? No, not really. Your pride just goes out the window. It's quite cold in the woods in Bristol, so being a male, that was not beneficial. I didn't realise last year on the pilot how naked I was going to be - it seemed like every ten minutes they were like 'can you just take your pants off?' This year my agent drew up a nudity clause but I don't think that's been followed!"

You go completely naked then? They don't try to cover you up?
                              "You see my arse a lot and a lot of me cupping my balls. Because I'm playing a Jew and I'm not actually Jewish, I think [showing everything] would give it away. I'm not going to go that far for method!"

Being Human continues Sundays at 9pm on BBC Three.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ing-human.html

Comment

Working...
                              X