This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon or not?

I'm wondering, are the stories in the books considered canon? Say if an author of an SG book made a story in which SG-1 learnt about the Wraith, would the PTB have to take it into consideration in the later episodes?
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
    I'm wondering, are the stories in the books considered canon? Say if an author of an SG book made a story in which SG-1 learnt about the Wraith, would the PTB have to take it into consideration in the later episodes?
    no what is said in the books is not considered canon

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
      If it ain't said or shown or referred to on the screen, it ain't canon!

J.
      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

what is on the screen is canon, what is in the books isn't....BUT what is in the books can't contradict canon

you are not allowed to kill anyone off who's established on the show, no 'lost half brothers', no changing of anyone's status (like you cna't set your book s8 and have sam still a major)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As has been said previously, the books are not canon in the case of SG-1 and Atlantis. The StarGate books by Bill McCay are considered canon by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich, as they consider SG-1 and Atlantis to be bad. But no one else sees it there way.
          Rocky

Comment

The show won't consider the books canon. But you can if you like. I will if any of the stories are really really good

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
            X