Smallville Spin-Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
    amd i forgot....NO ROBIN spinoff....dont do that...no good will come of it!
    Well there not!! they scraped that idea about 2 weeks after the press release saying they were doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Well there not!! they scraped that idea about 2 weeks after the press release saying they were doing it!
      well thank god...i still have the nightmares....

Comment

as long as erica durance is in it as lois lane, i don't care

Comment

Since TPTB have gone "all-out" on a watchtower set for the season 8 finale/season 9, is season 9 is the last year, IMO Justice League could be more likely.

Comment

So what is the news on the future of the show?
            sigpic

Comment

Since TPTB have gone "all-out" on a watchtower set for the season 8 finale/season 9, is season 9 is the last year, IMO Justice League could be more likely.
              I could see them just rebranding as "Metropolis" and making it pure superman with frequent JL eps.
              "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
              "Those who abandon the path are evil."
              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

My money would be Green Arrow, although I wouldn't mind having something about Bruce Wayne down. Bruce Wayne's "Gotham" to Superman's "Smallville".

I think Green Arrow would be best, but the idea of having a JLU series with Clark appearing every so often would be great. This same concept could be carried over if a Green Arrow series was done, with Chloe and the other JLU members appearing.

sigpic

Comment

...are there any pics of the watchtower set about?

sigpic

Comment

Question: Please tell me you have some Smallville scoop! I am spoiler-dry and need some fixins' on season 9. --Joel
                    Ausiello: Rumor has it Warner Bros. is once again throwing around the "s" word. No, not Superman -- I'm talking about spin-off. With next season likely Smallville's last, word has it the studio is thinking of ways to extend the franchise.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/...-and-more.html

Comment

Question: Please tell me you have some Smallville scoop! I am spoiler-dry and need some fixins' on season 9. --Joel
                      Ausiello: Rumor has it Warner Bros. is once again throwing around the "s" word. No, not Superman -- I'm talking about spin-off. With next season likely Smallville's last, word has it the studio is thinking of ways to extend the franchise.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/...-and-more.html
                      A spin-off involving who is the real question?
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        A spin-off involving who is the real question?
                        if they were smart....the justice league with all the dc caharcters and actors who ahve played them in smallville but since they probably wont be smart.....something like the "graysons" is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          if they were smart....the justice league with all the dc caharcters and actors who ahve played them in smallville but since they probably wont be smart.....something like the "graysons" is more likely.
                          I think a Justice League spin off will depend on whats going to happen on the big screen over the next few years with DC/WB. At present the only project going ahead in green lanturn, but if rumour of the doing what marvel is doing with the avengers, would having a small screen version that different in characters and feeling but a smart move?? especially considering some of the stigma of the CW as a network and Smallville as a teenish show. You could argue either way i guess.

Green Arrow, right now is the most likely scenario. but would that really be different from JL at this point??

If it turns out to be JL, then it need to be what Angel was to Buffy, rather than what SGA was to SG1. Plus they would have to recast Black Canary or just drop the character, with AH now busy.

Comment

I'd do a Supergirl spin-off in a heartbeat.

And I'd make sure her cat Streaky was in the show too!

Comment

supergirl or legion spinoff

but if they really want to be original I'd go with something that's never been done before
                              like superman on another planet. new krypton or something

Comment

Smallville Buys More Set Space?

In this day and age, Twitter is often a place where all kinds of things can come out.

The YVRFilm Twitter apparently seems to cover announcements and news regarding the Vancouver film industry. Yesterday, they posted this:

@YVRFilm Smallville has purchased more surrounding buildings to expand their Burnaby studio space
                                Now, Smallville is likely shooting somewhere around the 13th or 14th episode of Season Nine. Why would they be expanding their studio if the show could be ending only 8 or 9 episodes later? Could this mean Season 10 is happening?

Either way, fans asked, and YVRFilm responded yet again.

@YVRFilm Smallville SpinOffs to consider also
                                So, could the spin-off idea be still explored? Or - provided any of this is even for real - could this extra space be to finally give Lois an apartment? Or, Smallville theories aside - maybe the set space is created so producer Tom Welling could shoot the Cheer pilot in Vancouver? (If it's even shooting, and if it's even shooting in Vancouver)

No sources aside from YVRFilm have confirmed any of this to be true, and the studio has not confirmed or denied this to be true, so this one's labeled just in the Rumorville category for now, as it is only speculation at this point. However, if it is true, the news should be encouraging... and especially if "Absolute Justice" ratings are big, the adventures of a "young" Clark Kent could very well go into a tenth year.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X