Stargate - The Last Stand (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate - The Last Stand (Updated)

For those who did not heared it's HL2(Half life 2) game modification bassed on our favorite Stargate SG-1.

For those who tried I would like to hear some feedbacks
    The cake is a lie...

Wow, this is finally out?! I had it bookmarked on my old laptop for years! Now to see if I still have Half Life 2...

But FYI to me it seems like a labour of love, with the amount of time it's taken and the attention to detail I'd imagine it's pretty awesome.

Comment

if only it used the Crysis engine then i could get it

Comment

Well, well its been sometime since I last posted, it was around the time Atlantis was axed, I actually fell into a depression for a bit, but my doctor assures me three things 1) SGA is just a show 2) The movie should be good since other SG1 movies did very well and 3) Universe COULD be good. Oh well..... anyway I found an SG1 game that I'm sure at least some of you have probably already tried or installed.

Stargate The Last Stand: Its a Source Mod, team death match games focusing mostly on ground attacks. Picture CSS but done up like SG1, cool and good looking weapons, you either defend or capture key positions around the map and the maps are quite detailed, SG1 fans will like this one.

Only bad thing right now: you must download/install patch otherwise it wont work, only 3 maps including Abydoss and the SGC and there aren't very many servers either about 10 and I havent been able to actually meet others in game yet.

Please SG fans check out this game, its very small bout 350mb you can check www.gameupdates.org for links (or other places 2) and I WANT SG FANS TO PLAY WITH or i could slip back into the depression.
        They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

I already play it and its great Only shame about the 3 levels cause they bore quite easily.

- Why SciFi when you can have SciFun? -

Comment

It is only the beta, I'm expecting more from it later. But I still can never find anyone to play with, the servers are usually empty.

Actually I did find a server with players on it last night but I didnt have the patch installed yet so I couldnt join, now I do and I can't find anyone.

I cant believe they actually had a story for this too (if you can call it a story)

But I have to say, playing as Goa uld and using their weapons is quite fun.

Come on people lets get this game up and running with lots of SG fan support!
            They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

The reason no one is playing lately and there being empty servers is because Valve sorta messed up with their last SDK Source update causing errors on all servers running the mod (and some other mods). Unfortunately this cannot be fixed by the development team of Stargate : The Last Stand because they do not have access to the parts of the source code that needs fixing. It's up to Valve to make the fix and they say that it will be done asap and released during a very near future Steam update.

Keep an eye on the following link for information about the upcoming fix and development of its progress - http://www.interwavestudios.com/cont...am-id-problems

Hopefully it'll all be done soon so we can all get back in the game!

In the mean time, if ya's still want a bit of a Stargate gaming fix, there is another which is more along the lines of epic space battles etc. It's a "Star Wars : Empire at War" Mod entitled "Stargate : Empire at War" and has just come 9th place in this years "Mod of the Year Awards" on ModDb.com... Linkage...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war <- Check it Out!
              www.stargatetew.com - An Unofficial Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion

www.moddb.com - Change The Game

Comment

hmmmm I understand since it happens alot with steam. But I CAN JOIN SERVERS! I visited the link for interwave u posted and read about the problems people were having and I had none of them myself. At first I couldn't join a server but that was since I didnt have the patch, I do now and everything seems fine for me, I can join servers even if no one else is on them. Also the article said that Valve was aware of the problem and were on their way to fix it but the article is posted on the date FEB 24TH 2009, a fix should've been released now.

I recommend just getting the patch and trying it then and see what happens.

Comment

You must be within the anomaly of the lucky few then! lol. But yea, the problem has existed for the past couple of weeks for most of us and we've been patched since day one of the patch 1.1 release (well most of us from day one) and yet we still have the "Invalid Steam Key Size" error whenever we try and connect.

And you're correct, a fix should have been released by now IMO too, it's not like Valve to leave things this long. Actually, come to think of it, they DID actually release a so called fix about a week ago but apparently it has caused one too many more problems than it was supposed to fix in the first place.

Anyhoo, you're one of the lucky ones m8! Hopefully you can connect with a few other lucky ones out there somewhere and get back in the game before the rest of us who are waiting for Valve to get their act together! lol. Btw.. I recommend the "Gate to Games" server in the server list cos it seems to be the one that at times has a minimum of about 6 players at a time. Even nowadays I see people on there so I presume they might be a bunch of the lucky few who have singled out that particular server to get together and play. So yea.. Keep an eye on the Gate to Games server and jump in once there are others playing.

.... Just checked the server list and there is another server now with 16 players online... Check it out - "213.165.86.126:27024" (#N-S-B eSports.de =)

Comment

does it work for Macs?
                    Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                    sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

is it a counter strike patch?
                      Captain Simms

Comment

"does it work for Macs?"

I have no idea! lol I have no knowledge what-so-ever on Mac's runnning Windows based programs including Steam & Half-Life etc. You'll have to ask one of the Dev's on the Interwave forum. ( http://www.interwavestudios.com/forums )

"is it a counter strike patch?"

No. It's a total conversion of 'Half-Life 2' on the 'Source Orange Box Engine'. Basically all you need to run the game is a purchased copy of any Valve Source title including 'Half-Life 2, CounterStrike Source, Team Fortress 2, etc.'... Once you have one of these Valve Source games you should be able to download the "Source SDK Base Orange Box" via the "Tools" tab on "Steam". Once you've met these requirements you can download the Stargate : The Last Stand mod, install it, restart Steam, Launch via 'My Games', connect to an active server and enjoy!

If you're particularly looking for Stargate themed maps for CounterStrike Source then check these out on ModDb -> http://www.moddb.com/mods/mappers-alliance/downloads <- Really fun maps but not many people playing 'em these days! Unfortunately!

Comment

[QUOTE <- Really fun maps but not many people playing 'em these days! Unfortunately! [/QUOTE]

I agree, I like the SGA map, nice detail and its the only cs stargate map I find with people on it (from time to time)

As for The Last Stand, Interwave has made no new annoucements and there seems to be alot of activity in the forums and more people are playing now. Valve has no reference of the game on the site soooo?

Comment

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Well i've downloaded and installed this game and when i tested it it wasn't working because for some reason it can't find the maps and so i can't play it unfortunatly.

Has or did anyone have the same problem or know a way to get it to work ?
                            If so that would be great!!

Thanks
                            Take care.
                            GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
                              Well, well its been sometime since I last posted, it was around the time Atlantis was axed, I actually fell into a depression for a bit, but my doctor assures me three things 1) SGA is just a show 2) The movie should be good since other SG1 movies did very well and 3) Universe COULD be good. Oh well..... anyway I found an SG1 game that I'm sure at least some of you have probably already tried or installed.

Stargate The Last Stand: Its a Source Mod, team death match games focusing mostly on ground attacks. Picture CSS but done up like SG1, cool and good looking weapons, you either defend or capture key positions around the map and the maps are quite detailed, SG1 fans will like this one.

Only bad thing right now: you must download/install patch otherwise it wont work, only 3 maps including Abydoss and the SGC and there aren't very many servers either about 10 and I havent been able to actually meet others in game yet.

Please SG fans check out this game, its very small bout 350mb you can check www.gameupdates.org for links (or other places 2) and I WANT SG FANS TO PLAY WITH or i could slip back into the depression.
                              Star Wars: Empire at War has an AWSOME Stargate Mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsQy...eature=related

Dont mind the music
                              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                              X