What can Helen's other power be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can Helen's other power be?

Here's a thread to discuss what can Helen's other power be?
    Spoiler:
    as discussed in Rev. Part. 1

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
    Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Based on Helen's test in Revelations and her personal background I wonder if inteligence could be Helen's gift
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

hmmm..true...but have you ever wondered why she was able to speak to sally the mermaid in the premiere? Would that say that Helen is telepathic as well?

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
      Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Maybe the mermaids are telepathic. Because I have seen nothing to indicate telepathy on Helen's side
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

superman speed!
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
            hmmm..true...but have you ever wondered why she was able to speak to sally the mermaid in the premiere? Would that say that Helen is telepathic as well?

yes, i'm in the show and i'm a mermaid, and i have a special connection with helen!!

~sorry, just being silly~
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Maybe the mermaids are telepathic. Because I have seen nothing to indicate telepathy on Helen's side
              I agree, I think the telepathy was just on the mermaid's part, especially with the 'psychic distress call' she received in Requiem.

After Revelations I think Helen's gift really was just longevity, 'the most elegant' as Druitt put it in The Five. If she did have an unknown power I think it would have been needed for her to pass her test, but all that required was longevity and her knowledge of how her father's mind worked.

sigpic

Comment

but....Longevity is boring! lol
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I think her gift is longevity + being able to give the longevity to other members of the Five by giving them her blood.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                    I think her gift is longevity + being able to give the longevity to other members of the Five by giving them her blood.
                    Hmmm, perhaps, but then why wouldn't Helen have given Watson her blood to keep him from dying, or to keep him from being dependent on that machine he wore?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      Hmmm, perhaps, but then why wouldn't Helen have given Watson her blood to keep him from dying, or to keep him from being dependent on that machine he wore?

Well she gave Druitt her blood and that kinda went wrong LOL
                      Maybe Watson never asked or she offered and he said no.

if she does have another power, I prefer she doesnt, it has to be something really bad, really destructive. Its the only way to explain why she hasnt used it.

Comment

I don't think she has another power... I think she would have discovered it by now... it's been like 130 (estimate) years since she injected the source blood, that gave her plenty of time to realise any hidden powers. It's possible it made her a little smarter, but she was already super smart.

By the way....This is my 150th post! Isn't that exciting?

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
                        (one of my favourite lines)

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post

if she does have another power, I prefer she doesnt, it has to be something really bad, really destructive. Its the only way to explain why she hasnt used it.

I agree with this. I think if she has any other "power" besides longevity it would be the ability to give longer life to others; and I don't think it is just limited to the Five. I believe that she doesn't use that ability because of the known side-effects it gave Druitt. I can see this ability being explored further in future episodes. Maybe she looks to try to find a way to provide the gift to another without a side-effect. Possibly because she is forced to make a choice to give the blood or lose someone she loves ie., Ashley, Druitt (if he stays good), etc. After all, she did tell Druitt that she could try to find a "cure" in Sanctuary for All episode. (a little foreshadowing here possibly??????)

Comment

Originally posted by Inward Wind View Post
                            [...] After all, she did tell Druitt that she could try to find a "cure" in Sanctuary for All episode. (a little foreshadowing here possibly??????)
                            I was thinking about that today. I'm surprised now that he is "good" that he hasnt asked for help. Not "blood" help but medical help, like she offered in the pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              Well, in Revelations Watson seemed to be almost jealous of Helen's longevity, when she was talking about how great his gift was, so I don't think he would have said no if she offered.

I also wonder if Helen's blood would even confer longevity onto its recipient. I think Druitt wanted her blood to help him fight his psychosis, and he's been able to live for so long because of his ability to jump through time and space.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X