No announcement yet.

Tok'ra and Goa'uld fanfic recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could, compile the links into a word document, post the summaries and the sites they're on (which allows people to go and find them) and if they need links you can pm the links to them

A bit bothersome i know, however what we want to avoid is someone under 18/21 following a link to adult material and then having to deal with angry mama

also, we try for a 'keep it pg/pg-13' forum, so links to smut kinda go against that

What I do, for example, is if i rec a fic that a friend of mine has written, and if it's smut, i link to her LJ and say 'go to such and such date' or 'look for this tag' and they can find it from there.

It's kinda like 'i'll drive you to the block that the strip club is on but i won't drop you off at its front door'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you could, compile the links into a word document, post the summaries and the sites they're on (which allows people to go and find them) and if they need links you can pm the links to them

A bit bothersome i know, however what we want to avoid is someone under 18/21 following a link to adult material and then having to deal with angry mama

also, we try for a 'keep it pg/pg-13' forum, so links to smut kinda go against that

What I do, for example, is if i rec a fic that a friend of mine has written, and if it's smut, i link to her LJ and say 'go to such and such date' or 'look for this tag' and they can find it from there.

It's kinda like 'i'll drive you to the block that the strip club is on but i won't drop you off at its front door'
      Ah, I get it Thanks. I'll give the summary, the title, and the rating and then I can give a link to the author's page on Symbiotica - then they can go through that much shorter list and find the fic. That works

Oh - and I loved the example with the strip club
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
        Continuing post of links from Symbiotica.

Drunk People are always amusing: Sam's cousin from NY comes for a visit and things get a little crazy. (Law and Order SVU crossover). Humour. R. Some Sam/Martouf.

Enough: This story was written for some sort of roleplay. Except Malek the characters are OC's. G

When SG-1 is stranded on an alien world with a group of Tok'ra by a plasma storm, they learn much more about the Tok'ra than they ever wanted to know. As the Tok'ra succumb to a biological event that SG-1 doesn't know about, SG-1 is in danger. Can they escape before the storm breaks? Or is the question... will they? NC-17. Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Malek, Daniel/Anise/Freya, others

Five Sunrises that Asheron Saw: The Tau'ri have a saying, "It's always darkest before the dawn." But in space, the sun never rises. Third in the Asheron Series, after Tok'ra Allegiance and Going Home. PG

Forget me not: The Tok'ra are experiencing a lull in the war against Baal when a young woman comes through the gate bringing with her an unusual puzzle to be solved. A bit confusing. R. Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Malek/OC, mention of Jack/Laira

After escaping from Naetu, Lantesh helps Sam deal with the torture Apophis inflicted upon her. Warnings: This story deals with the aftermath of rape, and contains controversial subject matter. NC-17. No pairings.

Going Home: The Tok'ra discover their future lies in the secrets of Malek's past, and Sam finds her future is different than she expected... (sequel to 'Tok'ra Allegiance') (Romance: Sam/Malek) now complete!

Halloween is not just for children: The Tok'ra learn about some of Halloween's traditions. Humour. G.
        Sam and Malek are stranded on a world abandoned by the Furlings. But this peaceful planet hides a dangerous secret, which Sam will have to learn to survive. For the Tok'ra Resistance Summer Fic Contest 2006. Sam/Malek's host. NC-17

How to give your father and his symbiote heart failure: Jacob gets to meet the new man in Sam’s life. Sam/Delek. R.

How we came to be: in answer to a challenge placed by unicorn682006. How did the Tok'Ra begin? Just what did happen to Egeria to change her mind? This is how the Tok'Ra came to be. PG
        Skadi - there is something odd wrong with these summaries/links. It's as if you posted part of them and got them mixed up with something else. Please repost!
        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
          Someone asked me some time ago to review the best stories on Symbiotica (it is an archive exclusively for stories about the Tok'ra). I will try to do so - though it will unavoidably be biased by what I like. Note that I only include those that are either completed or has had new chapters added less than 1/2 year ago. There are a lot of drabbles - I haven't looked at any of those, since it would be unfair (I don't like drabbles).

I will go alphabetically and take a few of those I think are good each day. OK - here follows those I think are good. The summaries were written by the authors.

Sam's gotten herself into a little pickle that Martouf and Lantash just can't help but take advantage of. This is one of AC's Fanfic's Not Mine, and permission has been given to Archive this story here. More of AC's work can be found at http://www.sjhw.net/ac/. Sam/Martouf. NC-17

A Pair of Archaeologists: Anise/Freya shows up at the SGC, needing Daniel's help with translations. But she's also there for another reason... Anise/Freya/Daniel. PG-13

A Perfect Mate: Anise finds the perfect mate for her and her host, Freya. Anise/Freya/Daniel. PG-13

Accidents do happen: How much can one symbiote in human guise mess up the meaning of classified... (Jacob/Selmak) Humour. GEN, PG

Across the divide: While on a routine mission, SG1 comes under heavy enemy fire. Sam and Martouf become separated and end up on an alien planet that they can't leave. Chaos ensues. Sam/Martouf. Fluff. PG-13

Another mission briefing. But Sam's got something else on her mind... Sam/Malek. NC-17 PWP
          Skadi - sorry to be a pain, but I think you somehow screwed up when you posted the links. Could you just repost everything you reviewed from Symbiotica? I can't figure out what goes where in the stories
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

she didn't screw up. SOme of the links were to adult stories and you can't post links here.

i'll see if i can find the names of the fic and put those in so you can search for them

sigpic

Comment

this should give you the titles so you can look for the fic

Fire of the Storm[/URL]: When SG-1 is stranded on an alien world with a group of Tok'ra by a plasma storm, they learn much more about the Tok'ra than they ever wanted to know. As the Tok'ra succumb to a biological event that SG-1 doesn't know about, SG-1 is in danger. Can they escape before the storm breaks? Or is the question... will they? NC-17. Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Malek, Daniel/Anise/Freya, others

From the hurt and the pain[/URL]: After escaping from Naetu, Lantesh helps Sam deal with the torture Apophis inflicted upon her. Warnings: This story deals with the aftermath of rape, and contains controversial subject matter. NC-17. No pairings.

Hiding in Starlight[/URL]: Sam and Malek are stranded on a world abandoned by the Furlings. But this peaceful planet hides a dangerous secret, which Sam will have to learn to survive. For the Tok'ra Resistance Summer Fic Contest 2006. Sam/Malek's host. NC-17

A Cure for Boredom[/URL]: Sam's gotten herself into a little pickle that Martouf and Lantash just can't help but take advantage of. This is one of AC's Fanfic's Not Mine, and permission has been given to Archive this story here. More of AC's work can be found at http://www.sjhw.net/ac/. Sam/Martouf. NC-17

Another Boring Briefing[/URL]: Another mission briefing. But Sam's got something else on her mind... Sam/Malek. NC-17 PWP

sigpic

Comment

Skydiver - thanks for straightening out the links/summaries for those stories
                sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Continuing Symbiotica recs

Into the Fire: A celebration for Jacob and Selmak's Blending. PG

Joie de Vivre (Joy in Life): Sam and Martouf await the birth of their child. Sequel to 'Tok'ra trouble'. Sam/Martouf/Lantash. In many places TOO EXTREMELY FLUFFY! The middle of it have some suspension. Author says it is rated G - I would say maybe PG.
                  Tok'ra trouble can be found at the bottom of the author Anise's page: http://uk.geocities.com/anise01uk/index.html Note that that story is R
                  sigpic

Comment

Light and Memory: It isn’t really his grave, and somehow that makes it easier. (Written for the 2008 Tok'ra Contest, the "Remembrance" photo prompt). Jacob/Selmak/Elisabeth Weir. PG-13

Malek's Story - Prequel to Daughters of the Queen: SG-1, Martouf, Malek, Selmak, and Janet must go to the Furling world of Avilion. While there for the rite of Sevesh Lok Twin between Kataya and Lantash, Malek meets and becomes interested in Gwennetha, Kataya's Daughter. But, life is full of hurdles to overcome as the SGC, Tok'Ra, and Furling Warriors, prepare to battle a foe stronger and more destructive than any they have ever faced before. In the life and death struggle to come lives could be lost and lovers parted. Pairings Sam/Martouf/Lantash…Daniel/Kataya…Malek/Gwennetha…there are some others that get mentioned, but are not closely followed. Note that the main character of this story is Malek, and the main pairing of it is Malek/OC. The story is NC-17. The link to it can be found at the top of this page http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...viewlist&let=M

Missed You: Ripple Effect fix. The way that scene should have played out. Sam/Martouf. PG

My Funny Valentine: This is for all you hopeless romantics out there. Be warned that this is EXTREMELY FLUFFY. Sam/Martouf/Lantash. G
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello, me again

@Skadi: I am currently writing such a story (and you are right, quite few people write Tok'ra stories, seems like most are O'neillyfied (as in BIASED against them) as for those four parings:

In my oppinion they are so...i don't know how to say...common maybe (even clichè), that said, i have nothing against Martouf, i just can't see Sam in a relationship with him (him being on Tok'ra missions all the time and her on SG-Team missions or science stuff, even more: She can't be sure if she feels something for him (or he for her, for that matter) as it could be something left of Jolinar on the note of Jolinar: Any fictions were she ended up in someone else? (That's my other fiction project...)
                      Spoiler:
                      She ends up in Jack and they manage to kill the Ashrak

So i go on reading the storys

greetings LAX
                      ps: if anyone finds anything that matches my requiremts, please tell me

Comment

Hi LAX - tell us when your story is done - we would like to read it!
                        I promise you I will post links to any stories I might see that matches your requirements! I am always looking for stories that have Tok'ra in them - any Tok'ra, even OC's so hopefully I will come across such a story eventually. I agree with you that most authors unfortunately follows O'Neill's lead in disliking the Tok'ra. It is really too bad, as they are fascinating characters with their duality.

Some of my favourite stories are GEN about the backgrounds of the characters - like why did Egeria become Tok'ra, or how did Martouf become host to Lantash. I also like stories about the Tok'ra and there missions before they met SGC. Stories about the Goa'uld and their society is fascinating as well. So if anyone sees such stories, then please post a link to them here!

As for ship - I will read almost any ship-story as long as at least one (sorry, two - host & symbiote ) of the participants is Tok'ra. My favourite ship is Sam/Martouf/Lantash - partly because they seem to have such great chemistry, partly because the problems/extra dimension of the remnant of Jolinar fascinates me. I would however prefer Jolinar to live, though - she is one of my favourite Tok'ra, second only to Martouf/Lantash.
                        sigpic

Comment

Continuing Symbiotica recs

Pain and Sorrow: Formally "what could've been." The story starts off when SG-1 enter an alternate universe. Sam see's someone unexpected. This story is sad with a lot of the pain focused around Sam. S/M/L. PG-13

Path we mean to follow: Delek has to come to terms with why he has so much dislike for the Tauri, a few home truths need to come out in the open. This story is set around the episode Death Knell. G

Revelation: The gate is revealed to the world, from the PoV of one of Jacob Carters Grandchildren. Humour. G

Second Chance: Delek has come to realise that the Tau'Ri are not to blame for the troubles that the Tok'Ra are facing and desides to change his tactics. G

Selmak the Teen: Being the eldest of the Tok'ra isn't all it's cracked up to be. Especially when you have to do CHORES. Humour. G

Seven Days: Jack and Malek swap jobs. PG-13

Sleeping with the enemy: The Tok'ra life has its benefits, but it isn't all pretty. Sometimes you have to do what you despise in order to protect those you love most. PG-13

Some kind of cosmic rationale: Sel's being her snarky self and rambling on about having to blend with a man! It's entirely from her point of view. Don't blame the writer! Sel took over my body and posted this! PG-13

Stolen Property: Sam has been stolen. Lantash retrieves her and she now belongs to him. In fact, she is now his slave. Fairly hard NC-17. Sam/Lantash/(Martouf). Link is located at the bottom of this page: http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...viewlist&let=S

Stratagem: How does a young Queen find a mate, organise a rebellion and deal with wayward travellers? All while trying to survive amongst the backstabbing and intrigue in a Goa’uld court. Challenge fic from Tok’ra Resistance. PG-13

Suppositions: Sometimes you just assume each understands the other. Sam/Martouf/Lantash. PG

Surprise!: Answer to the 2008 challenge: A dig in UK uncovers a stasis-jar, containing a Tok'ra queen-symbiote. One of the female members of the expedition becomes her host. The archaeological team does not know about the Stargate-project. They are surprised to find strange objects, some of which seems Egyptian in origin. They contact Daniel Jackson since they know of his interest in 'cross-cultural pollination'. Takes place after "The Ark of Truth", sometime during the middle of SGA season 5. PG-13

And lastly, a non-Symbiotica rec, since it is a Valentine's day fic. Menage a couer: It's Valentine's Day... do you know where your favorite Tok'ra is? A sweet Sam/Martouf romance written from Sam's POV, as well as being one of the first stories to feature the Janet and Jacob pairing. PG-13
                          sigpic

Comment

A few more Symbiotica fic recs

Tek Ma'tek: A Tok'ra and a Jaffa...it seems an odd friendship, but one must consider the place and time. A conversation one night between one of Egeria's servants and one of her children. (Set about 500 years after Egeria first started the Tok'ra, so about 1500 years ago). PG

The Christmas Party: The SGC is hosting a Christmas party for their Tok'ra, Jaffa, and Asgard friends. Pairings: Jacob/Selmak/OC, Martouf/Lantash/Sam, Anise/Freya/Daniel, Malek/OC Warnings: Alcohol, explicit sex, light bondage. * denotes thoughts or symbiote/host communication. NC-17. Link to story can be found about a third down on this page: http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...viewlist&let=T

The Fall of Setona: When the Tok'ra learn that the Goa'uld Nephthys wishes to subjugate a planet that has been free of the Goa'uld for centuries, they decide to intervene. Pre-series. Takes place about 25 years before 'The Tok'ra I & II'. In this story the Jaffa can not sense symbiotes (as in the first seasons of SG-1). It never made sense to us that they could in later episodes, since they do not have naquadah in their blood and do not communicate with their symbiotes. Pairing: Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
                            Last chapter is NC-17, rest is PG-13 - Warnings: Sex, Violence, Character Death, Original Characters. Link to story can be found about half way down on this page: http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...viewlist&let=T

The Jumping Fish: The fish changes everything... (Moebius spoilers). Slight SML. PG

The New Symbiotes: Answer to the 2007 challenge: 'Sam and the Wraith'. Sam takes over command of Atlantis. On a mission she is attacked by the Wraith, but is unharmed. Daniel finds proof that Egeria hid some symbiotes in Atlantis. Takes place around SG-1 season 10, SGA season 3. Notes: Dr. Weir's accident is not the same as the one from the end of season 3/beginning of season 4, obviously. Janet and Jacob/Selmak didn't die, neither did Martouf/Lantash, but they have instead been on a secret mission between season 4 and up through season 10. * denotes thought or host/symbiote communication. Pairings: Sam/OC/Martouf/Lantash, slight Janet/OC/Jacob/Selmak, Teyla/Aldwin. PG

The New Year's Party: Sam is hosting this year's SG-1 New Year's party. She get many more guests than expected, when her dad shows up to participate, together with several Tok'ra. PAIRINGS: Main: Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Minor: Daniel/Freya/Anise, Jack/Zarin, Jacob/Selmak/Janet, Malek/OC. Takes place around season 6, but it is not really important. Mostly as canon, except Martouf/Lantash are alive and well. NC-17. Fluff-warning. Link to story can be found at bottom of this page: http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...viewlist&let=T
                            sigpic

Comment

Symbiotica recs:

The Petri Dish: The last surviving members of SGC, as well as three Tok'ra, and a few Jaffa flee the advancing Ori forces. This is the story of their experiences. SPOILERS: Takes place around season 4 of SGA, before the Ark of Truth. NOTE: * denotes thoughts or host/symbiote communication. GEN. PG-13

The Wrong Reason: When Delek forces a Council vote on Selmak, Malek is furious at his mate. Delek wants to make it up to him. Malek/Delek. NC-17. Link can be found about half way down on this page: http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...et=T&offset=15

Through a candle's flame: Summary: What happens after the death of the man you love? And in the face of the myriad of possibilities, is it possible that somehow, somewhere love remains? Spoilers: Divide and Conquer. SML. PG-13

Together: PWP...Daniel/Sam/Malek. NC-17. Link can be found at the bottom of this page: http://69.80.208.157/fandomnet/tokra...et=T&offset=15

Tok'ra Allegiance: During "Allegiance" Malek and his host must deal with old memories and new threats. GEN. PG

Turning Point: Egeria altered the genetic memory of her offspring, creating a new race. But what about Egeria herself? Born a Goa'uld, and torn between the influence of her inherited memory and the slow realization that she was living an evil lie…
                              Written in response to the Tok’ra Resistance summer fic challenge-2005. The challenge was to write about the early days of the Tok’ra. The very early days in this case. This fic deals with one of the more uncomfortable aspects of Egeria’s history. The Tok’ra are a different race because of their altered genetic memory, but Egeria herself didn’t have that advantage. She would have been born with the genetic memory of the Goa’uld queen who spawned her. GEN. PG-13
                              sigpic

Comment

I love 'The Petri Dish'! Thanks for posting the link so I could reread it! I had misplaced the link for it and couldn't remember which archive it was in Same for 'The Fall of Setona' - I think it's the only story I've read where Rosha is in for a while as well - and it has Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash ship!

*hugs* Skadi!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X